Contact

The Cat´s Trap

 

It´s been two weeks since the incident with Sungmin. Some things had changed, some not. It´s Friday and I´m having the dance club practise. I´m an official member now but I still have to dance at the back because I´m new here. Shindong said I had to stay at the back because I would make Donghae look bad but I believe the ginka is a good dancer.

I wasn´t the only new face in the practise room, though. Donghae´s girlfriend, Hyoseong, comes to every practise. She sits on the side and watches her boyfriend dance. That only makes Donghae show off more and me more pissed. Don´t get me wrong, I´m not trying to break them up. I´ve given up on Donghae, there was no way he would like me and I would be happy if we became at least friends. Yeah, really.

"Hyukjae?" I looked up and found Hyoseong standing in front of me, "Can I sit here?" I nodded. Donghae gave us a short break and we were sitting backs to the mirror. I was trying to catch my breath while wondering what issue does the girl have with me.

"You know, Hyukjae, I´ve wanted to date Donghae since I came to the school," she started talking, ”he didn´t have any real friends and all his girlfriends just wanted his money and popularity, it was pitiful," Hyoseong looked at me meaningfully. "I want to protect him from people like that and show him a better life." She finished in a quiet voice so no one else would hear us.

"Well, that´s nice of you but why are you telling me this? Are you saying I´m one of those bad people?" I felt offended.

"No, you are a different case," she furrowed her eyebrows," we, girls have this thing; you could call it a sixth sense. I know what you are doing, be careful, Hyukjae," and with that she stood up and ran to her boyfriend.

What was that all about? I don´t understand girls, good I´m gay, don´t have to deal with them. I heard purring and soon felt Heenim nuzzling my leg. When did he get here?

"You were found out, huh?" The cat said with a smirk. I tilted my head in confusion and hoped he would explain more. I wouldn´t dare speak to him in a room full of people. Heenim caught my hint and continued.

"I´m sure that Hyoseong girl knows you like her boyfriend. Girls are like that, they always detect things like these."

So that´s why! She thinks I´m after Donghae, which isn´t completely wrong. But I won´t go against her, especially when I know her purpose for dating the ginka. If she just wants to make a better man out of him, I have no right to stop her. I wanted to do the same after all. I´m selfless like that, heh. I smiled to myself, even though I felt my chest hurting. Stupid feelings!

My mood that day didn´t improve and I had a whole weekend ahead too. I would usually hang out with Sungmin, but that was out of question now. I could call Shindong, Ryeowook or Taemin but I became kinda paranoid of loosing friends. I was scared they would all leave me and I would stay alone and pass my time with an invisible cat.

I was swimming in my depression, when my phone rang. I fished the annoying object from my back pocket just to freeze the moment I saw the caller ID. Do you remember there was one exception, when it comes to people seeing me dance? It was this friend.

"H-Hello?" I still wasn´t sure, if it was real.

"Hyukjae-ah! How have you been?" Yes, that was his voice.

"Junsu! I thought you were dead already! Is that how a friend acts, huh?!" I tried to sound angry but a huge smile was plastered on my face.

"I know, I know and I´m sorry, but what are you doing this weekend?" Junsu asked.

"Hanging out with you?" I tried my luck.

"Ding, Dong, Deng! I´ll come around eleven, let´s go for lunch first." I couldn´t believe it, my wishes were granted! We decided to meet up on Saturday and Junsu would sleep over at my place. I´m sure I won´t sleep a wink tonight, I´m so looking forward to tomorrow.

Kim Junsu is my friend since childhood. We grew up together and our parents were friends too, thus we were together all the time. When Junsu was fifteen, his father got promoted and they moved to Seoul. It was hard to stay in contact and we eventually kinda drifted apart. But the thing about our friendship was, that no matter how long we haven´t seen each other, the moment we met again, we would naturally unite again. And I couldn´t wait for his comeback, there was so much I needed to tell him. I was excited and anxious at the same time.

Knock, knock! I ran to the door. It was Saturday, a little past eleven and I couldn´t handle it anymore. I opened the door harshly and without warning jumped on my missed friend.

"Ow! Hyukkie! Hahaha!" I felt two arms embrace me tightly. When our emotional moment ended, I climbed down and Junsu scanned my body. His eyebrows lifted up. Is something wrong?

"You´re blonde! I see, finally matching colour with the content of your head," Junsu joked and started laughing.

"Says someone, who can only concentrate on one thing at a time," I fired back.

"Do you still wear girls´ clothes?" My friend challenged.

"I don´t know, who said, that girls´ pants fit him better," challenge accepted.

"You shouldn´t talk about pants since you have no , Anchovy!"

"At least I don´t have a duck , Dolphin!"

Junsu was about to retort but my mom came and stopped our never ending bickering. We were kicked out of the house and since we were both hungry, we decided to go eat lunch. Don´t think we started off on a bad note. We were just like that, always fighting but never hurting each other.

My weekend is gonna be awesome!

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

I wanted to add Junsu already in my previous story, but he didn´t fit there. Eunhyuk went to Junsu´s musical recently and they met after, so I thought, he should appear in fanfiction soon too. :)