Sugar

The Cat´s Trap

 

I was standing in the practise room, arms crossed on my chest and eyebrows furrowed. I was tapping my foot and impatiently waiting for Donghae to talk. He dragged me here after he spilled strawberry milk on my white shirt. I love that sweet thing but it won´t make me act sweeter. Although I was very angry I decided to give him a chance to speak. Let´s see, what´s his reason.

"Okay, Hyukjae, I need your help," he looked at me determined.

"It better be something important, you just ruined one of my favourite shirts," I wasn´t really thrilled.

"It´s about Hyoseong. She´s angry with me and I don´t know what I did wrong!" Seriously?! Did he just ask me to help him with girls problem? And Hyoseong on top of that? I just returned from the sick leave caused by that same woman and he dared to ask me? I was getting pretty annoyed but took a deep breath to calm down for a bit. Before I tear this kid apart, I decided to help him with his problem. He has the right to die in peace.

"Why ask me? Aren´t those two friends of yours better?" I remembered those two guys always following Donghae around. They were almost as famous as the ginka himself. To tell the truth I couldn´t see the reason why they didn´t ditch him yet.

"I tried but Siwon doesn´t approve of our relationship itself and Kyuhyun just laughed at me," Donghae pouted.

"Well, I´m sorry but I don´t think I can help you," I stated flatly.

"Why? You said you were my friend!" Donghae jutted his lip even more and looked at me teary eyed. Holy monkeys, don´t look at me like that!

"Y-You know, I´m not good with girls. I´ve never had one," my anger was long gone and I tried to reason with him now.

"What?! How´s that possible? You are popular with girls, aren´t you?" Donghae was surprised.

"Yeah."

"Shindong even said you have many people asking you out and you never agreed?" He was kinda pissing me off.

"Yeah."

"So are you impotent or something?" Wait, what?! I exploded.

"For your information, I´m fairly potent! How can you say that into my face?! And no, I really haven´t had a girlfriend before cause I´m gay, get it?! So, don´t think I will help you with your problem, especially when your girlfriends hates me and you just ruined my damn shirt!" Well, talk about a slip of tongue. I was huffing with anger, regret immediately washing over me.

Donghae just stood there frozen. All the information soaking into the small head. After a while he looked into my eyes and studied my expression which was a mix of anger, regret and fear. I was being judged and I didn´t like it a bit.

"I have a spare shirt, it´s blue though, if you don´t mind," Donghae finally spoke up.

"From all the things I said, you picked out the ruined shirt?" I was looking at him with disbelief.

"Yeah, because that´s the only problem I have. You´re right, Hyoseong even started that snow fight against you, I forgot, of course you wouldn´t help me. Well, I don´t think I mind you being gay and you don´t have to prove me that you´re potent, hahaha," Donghae started laughing. I was so embarrassed, my face turned bright red.

I never expected Donghae to act so easy-going and mature. I thought that my slip of tongue will be my end. Heechul will laugh at me for sure and Junsu too but at least I got to be honest with Donghae. The bad thing is I´m definitely sure, my crush became even worse. Stop being so loveable, Donghae!

"So, Hyukjae, do you have a boyfriend?" Cough, cough, cough! I choked on air. Did he really ask what I think he asked?!

"N-No," I mumbled and looked away blushing violently. Oh, my poor heart.

"Hmm, okay. But what should I do about Hyoseong?" Donghae said dejectedly. I couldn´t see him so sad and I was happy with our progress anyway. Call me an idiot but I decided to help him.

"You´re lucky it´s Valentine’s Day on Saturday. C´mon, take her on a date! I heard you´re good at doing events, why don´t you do something nice for her, I´m sure she will forgive you," I smiled at him.

"Hyukjae, you´re the best!" Donghae jumped at me and hugged me like a koala. This action once again destabilized my cardiovascular system. But before I could say anything, the ginka already jumped down and was about to leave.

"Wait!" I stopped him, "you know, what I said today, keep it a secret, please," I glanced at him.

"O-Oh, of course! I won´t tell anyone, I promise!" Donghae gave me a big smile and disappeared in the hallway.

When he was gone, I collapsed on the floor. I lied on my back and continued to breathe in and out, calming my nerves. So many things happened today and I was confused. Donghae apologised and became my friend then he accepted my orientation but asked me to help him with his girlfriend. I wasn´t sure, if I should have agreed but he did a lot today and I wanted to thank him somehow. Now that I think of it, I should have bought him a cake or something instead, duh.

"On one hand, I would like to congratulate you for doing so well with the boy," I felt the black cat climbing on my stomach, resting it´s paws on my chest, "on the other hand, you´re an incredible idiot." I agreed.

We stayed like that for a while until the lunch break ended and I had to go back to classes. I couldn´t focus, though. I was sitting in my seat, thinking about my killer. About the person who always makes my heart stop or makes my blood run faster, turning me into a tomato. I really tried to resist but I couldn´t erase him anymore. I´ve fallen too deep. Stupid, Lee Donghae. I pulled my hair.

"Let´s eat some cake after the class, neh?" I heard Heenim meow at me. I love this cat!

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Finally I could update! Sorry for the wait.. :) I couldn´t help it anymore and had to add some cake to the story, I´m er for sweets :P So Donghae already knows, but will it change anything? kekeke By the way I read this: No matter what fandom you are in, you should know, who is Heechul - he´s gonna be your oppa´s first kiss :D