Children

The Cat´s Trap

The warm weather signalised the coming of spring. I´m the type who doesn´t take well too cold or too hot weather so I felt better, knowing the snow wasn´t to return again. Kyuhyun next to me was freezing, though. You can´t blame him since he just gulped down almost all of the biggest parfait that most of the people present have ever seen.

"So, what do you want to say? To tell the truth, I´m not even sure why you wanted to compete in the first place," I broke the awkward silence. Kyuhyun pointed wordlessly to a bench nearby and we went to sit there. It must be some important matter.

"I really like you Hyukjae. At first I thought you were just another hottie but I soon found out, you have a very interesting and bright personality. You are funny and intelligent. I know you care for me and look at me with honest eyes and I´m happy for that," Kyuhyun stopped talking to take a deep breath. Here it comes, I´ll get finally dumped. "But I´m a man who keeps his word. I know you are in love with someone else and I understand. It´s not like you can decide whom you want to fall in love with."

"You know?" I mumbled more like to myself. This is so embarrassing, I feel like a fool.

"Yeah," Kyu chuckled," and that´s why I´m letting you go. I´m not doing it willingly but I admit my loss." The gamer finished and hung his head low. He looked like a kid and I wanted to make him smile because I was the one who made him so pitiful.

"B-But we are still friends, aren´t we?" I stuttered in a try to sound joyfully.

"HaHaHa! I guess we are! You are really something Lee Hyukjae," Kyuhyun´s voice rung like a bell and he stood up. I watched him walk away but when he was almost at the corner he turned around again.

“I know why you chose the ice-cream. Nice one, Hyuk!" He laughed again and disappeared behind the corner.

To say I wasn´t sad from our break up would be a lie. I really liked Kyuhyun but just in a different way than Donghae. I was glad he still accepted to be my friend after all I did. But there was still one mystery left. Why were they fighting and why did he have to break up with me because he lost. Maybe they made some kind of bet? Ugh, I don´t know. I´m sure tomorrow will everything become clearer. And with that I went to sleep.

"Hyukjae wake up! Do you want to break the door of the classroom or what?!" Heenim yelled when I in my exhausted state almost hit the door. I was too tired to open my eyes while walking to notice the glass door in front of me.

"If someone wasn´t laughing loudly on my stomach till the wee morning hours I would get more sleep and actually be alive right now," I mumbled only for Heechul to hear and dragged myself to my seat.

"Oh my god, Hyukjae. Did you watch the whole night again? You look like a zombie," Sungmin said as soon as my hit the chair.

"Min, I don´t watch , stop it," I used my last bit of power to answer my friend.

"Whatever, here´s your share of yesterdays´ earnings. It´s not much since most of the people bet on Donghae. Anyway I felt free to turn your share into a commodity and bought you your favourite strawberry milk," Sungmin grabbed my hand and placed the small plastic bottle into it. I wanted to thank him but-

"Lee Wacky Hyukjae!" Donghae´s loud voice resonated through the classroom before the angry ginka appeared in front of me. I was suddenly wide awake.

"W-What do you need?" I asked carefully even though I knew the reason of his rage. Donghae´s face became red and he slammed his hands on my desk.

"What I need?! Thanks to your great idea I ended up locked in the bathroom for the rest of the day yesterday!" He yelled at me.

"But you won," I tried to defend myself weakly.

"I did but it was pink, Hyukjae! It was pink! I won´t be able to eat anything with strawberry for the rest of my life!" Donghae continued to behave like a drama queen. I on the other hand went back to my sleepy state and in an effort to stay awake while I´m being scolded, I opened the milk in my hand and started taking in the cool liquid through the straw.

"Listen to me when I´m talking!" Donghae roared and in his rage he took my milk. I bet he wanted to punish me by drinking it all but he didn´t expect it to be strawberry flavoured. He spitted out the drink immediately.

"Aish!" I exclaimed looking at my now pink hoodie. How many times has he done this already? He stains my clothes more often than I do it myself.

"Strawberry again?!" The ginka still wasn´t able to recover from his shock and I used this chance to get back at him for all the yelling and spitting he did this morning.

"Lee Donghae!" I had my hand fisted and wanted to jump on him and beat him into a pulp when the teacher arrived and to my chagrin it was Mrs. Jung.

"Hyukjae, Donghae? Please leave the classroom and I´m writing you unjustified absence. Go and think of your violent behaviour earlier," she spoke quietly but her voice made shivers run down my spine. Donghae and me, we both took our belongings and swiftly left the classroom. We ran upstairs to the dance club practice room and collapsed after closing the doors tightly behind us. We sat next to each other with our backs against the door and the fish started scolding me once again.

"You are such a pain in the today! She even dared to give me, Lee Donghae an absence! Do you like strawberries so much?!"

He kept talking but I couldn´t focus on his words anymore. I started daydreaming and soon fell asleep for real. I don´t know if Donghae stopped scolding or if I just out so severely to not be able to hear him. I just remember feeling comfortable and dreaming a beautiful dream.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Another chapter done! :) I don´t know where are you from but over here the winter didn´t come! :D Not like I hate it, I´m perfectly fine not having minus twenty degrees, it´s that it feels strange. I can´t fit the weather into the story because I´m so confused right now, sorry about that.. :) Here comes random suju info:  Leeteuk: When I was 20, I would always reach home at 8 in the morning.
Eunhyuk: You really have no sense.
Leeteuk: At that time, my mother and noona would ask me why I only returned at this time, and I would say I went out for a walk and came back, I was really tired, and really wanted to sleep. I saw that noona was leaving for work, and my mother was also going out, and both of them were scolding me. So I said I was going out now…… As a result I often followed them out……
Eunhyuk: Ask them which direction they are heading in, and you can walk in the opposite direction.