Help

The Cat´s Trap

 

On Wednesday morning I still couldn´t get over all those information I received the day before. I was quiet and deep in thoughts since I had arrived to school and Sungmin kept asking me what was wrong. I didn´t tell him and instead of eating the lunch with others as always I decided to just sit in the dance club practice room. There I would have some time for myself if the cat stayed quiet. Yesterday when I came home I kept crying and eventually fell asleep so I wasn´t able to think about everything clearly. I´m sure Heenim must have been totally at loss what to do with me. Crybaby indeed.

There were many things bothering my mind right now. The fact that Kyuhyun is only playing with me or using me to achieve something without looking at my feelings. The boy has always been somehow mysterious but I believed he was quite nice and entertaining guy inside. Maybe I was wrong. Also I don´t believe Hee hyung´s theory that I have some nice chances with Donghae. It´s true he helped me yesterday and even that day I jumped, or rather fell, to the river. But it doesn´t mean anything because Donghae is straight and doesn´t know about my feelings towards him. I should just give up all those ideas about dating. Be it Kyuhyun or Donghae, I don´t care anymore for either of them.

That´s how I cleared most of the space in my mind, now the most difficult one. Kim Heechul. What happened yesterday was hurtful for me, hyung and I would say that even for the foreign guy maybe. I tried to speak about it with the cat but he said, he didn´t remember anything about the guy apart from knowing him and the fact, that the man was Chinese. I couldn´t shake away the thought that the handsome man knows a lot more about my feline friend. I was disappointed he couldn´t see him. Also the sight of pleading Hee hyung was heart breaking, I´ll do anything to help him find about his past and bring him peace and happiness.

"Yosh!" I stood up with my right fist clenched and determinate expression on my face.

"Are you alright?" Came a voice from behind me. This must be some kind of hex or something. Why does he always have to appear at times like this?!

"Yeah. What are you doing here, Donghae?" I looked at him tiredly, my enthusiasm gone.

"You didn´t look well in the morning and I couldn´t find you during the lunch either so I came to check the practice room because you come here quite often," Donghae explained.

"Why?" I still didn´t understand why would he have to look for me. Does he need something?

"Of course I was worried! Hyukjae, you were pretty depressed and shaken yesterday and I found you swimming in the river on Monday. You keep thinking hard about something and talking to yourself for the god´s sake! You´ll go mad if you don´t confide to anyone. If you don´t feel comfortable talking to Sungmin, you can always talk to me. I know I messed things up but I would never turn my back on you if you would need me," Donghae said in one breath and I could tell he was being sincere.

"I don´t know," I answered. I was touched by what he said and even considered telling him about Kim Heechul.

"I promise I´ll keep it a secret and if I can do something for you, I´ll do it," the brunette announced and sat on the ground patting the place next to him signalling me to sit there. I uncertainly joined him and rested my back against the mirror. I bit my lower lip nervously and kept looking at my fingers. I was contemplating whether to tell him or not. Then I looked at Heenim who was lying on a bench not far from me. I promised to save him and Donghae has many contacts with different people. He might be able to help us. I decided to tell him.

"Well, there´s this person who died. His name was Kim Heechul," I glanced at the cat. Heenim looked puzzled since I started talking about him with Donghae. He stood up and run to me to sit on my lap instead. I assume it was a strategic position, in case I said too much, he would bite me.

"I heard the guy yesterday say his name," Donghae interrupted and I was glad he was listening.

"Yeah. The truth is, I´m trying to find out more about him and his death but it´s too difficult for me," I admitted.

"Why? Was he your friend?" Donghae asked me carefully.

"We became friends too late so I don´t know anything at all. It´s really bugging me," I sighed and looked at the brunette.

"Okay! Let me help you! We have to find that rude person first and you need to tell me all you know," Donghae exclaimed and stood up pulling me with him. "But first comes the lunch, you barely ate anything today. We don´t have much time before the lesson starts, hurry!"

I didn´t get a chance to say anything but I wasn´t against the idea either. I felt scared to encounter the Chinese man again but with Donghae by my side I was more at ease. Why do I feel safe with someone who keeps hurting me?

As I was being dragged to the cafeteria I heard the cat laughing hard behind us. At least his mood was back. "Hyuk, you are really something! I got mad you wanted to pull another stunt for me but it turns out you are going on a date! I need to pick some fine clothes for you, remember those tight jeans?" I could only roll my eyes at the annoying cat but the blush still appeared on my face. To divert my attention from the embarrassing feline devil I turned to Donghae.

"Why are you so eager to help me?"

"Because I hate you looking so lost and sad. I´m the prince on the white horse for you, haha!" Cheesy bastard. Now I´ll be blushing till the evening.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Finally I finished this chapter. I didn´t have time at all, sorry. School starts tomorrow, so I´ll see how often I will be able to update from now on. :) Random Eunhae stuff: Q: Who in SJ is the most manly? Hyukjae: Not me. Donghae: I think I am. But manliness has many different forms. I think that my type of manliness is the most typical. For example, if someone does something bad to Hyukjae, I will fight with them until the end with a strong sense of justice.