Casanova

The Cat´s Trap

 

I was even more nervous than the day I accepted Donghae´s dance challenge. I wanted to feign sickness but Hee hyung made me come to school instead. He said I should become braver but I´m sure he just wanted to see me suffer. I absolutely didn´t know what to expect. Donghae became very difficult to understand, his behaviour to me always changing faster than tides. He might take the happening at the shopping mall as a joke since we´re friends now. But rather he will make me into a target of hatred. The snow was already gone and I was scared what might kids throw at me this time. Hope it won´t be stones, I´m too young to die, don´t you think?

I had goose bumps when I arrived to the classroom and found Donghae leaning against my desk. He has never been at school so early and never talked to me during classes. Sungmin was timidly sitting on his seat and I knew things are gonna get difficult. Nevertheless I took all the courage I could gather and bravely went to greet the scary ginka.

"H-Hi?" I stuttered. Heenim scoffed behind me to remind me how pitifully I sounded.

"Hi?! Is that all you want to say, Hyukjae?" Donghae raised his voice and stared alarmingly at me. Although I should have become submissive and apologize, I couldn´t help but study his new visage. Donghae´s angelic features were still there but that was it. His face resembled a rainbow. His left eye was slightly closed and blue, his right cheek was red and swollen while his lips were visibly bruised. If I wasn´t in a huge problem, I would be proud of myself. I didn´t know I had this much strength. Unfortunately I smirked unknowingly at the sight.

"You dare laugh at me?!" Donghae screamed. Everyone´s eyes were focused on us, the atmosphere was tense. Something terrible was about to come, I just hoped it would hit me fast, I didn´t want to be slowly tortured.

"You know what? This is war! From now on-"

"Donghae!" I expected the worse when the ginka was interrupted by someone. I turned my head to see Kyuhyun standing at the doors. He then quickly walked to me and put his arm around my shoulders. I was startled but more than that curious.

"Hyukkie and I are going out. I´m sorry for what happened on Saturday but I hope we are good enough friends for you to understand. You wouldn´t declare a war to my boyfriend, would you?" Kyuhyun said firmly.

Another scary silence followed. I wanted to say something but I was sane enough to know that Kyuhyun came to save me and anything I say would just destroy the fragile peace. Donghae looked me in the eyes with an emotion I couldn´t really pinpoint. All I knew was that I started blushing. The ginka then sighed and smiled a little.

"I hope it´s not just another of your silly affairs," he said.

"Don´t worry, I´m serious," Kyuhyun answered quickly and then a huge wave of heat went through my body accumulating in my face. I was utterly embarrassed but at the same time confused. I didn't know what to think. Was Kyuhyun really serious or was he just playing with me? Everyone keeps saying he´s a player but to me he seems quite sincere. Should I trust my intuition?

Donghae eventually went to sit back at his seat and Kyuhyun excused himself, he had a different class after all. I sat down, still dumbstruck. Sungmin didn´t ask me anything, apparently he didn´t know what was going on. I couldn´t concentrate on the lesson at all. I kept thinking about Kyuhyun´s bold statement and Donghae´s strange stare. I should have stayed at home, stupid Heenim!

After a discreet conversation with my feline friend, I decided to confront the gamer after the school. I needed some answers which only Kyuhyun could provide and so I waited for him in front of the school. I was standing at the gates for about fifteen minutes when I spotted my target. I was about to call for him when I realised he was with a girl. Should I feel jealous?

"Oh, hey Hyuk!" Kyuhyun shouted when he finally took notice of me.

"Can we talk for a bit?" I carefully asked, not really knowing my position. The girl shot me a glare but disappeared quietly anyway.

"It´s about this morning, right?" Kyuhyun went straight to the point, "I´m sorry, I must have surprised you. I just felt like you needed someone to protect you. Are you angry?" He looked into my eyes.

“No! I´m thankful. You definitely helped me there, Kyu," I smiled. Maybe I could trust this boy?

"No problem. And when we´re at it, do you still hate the thought of being my boyfriend?" Kyuhyun suddenly said. I was caught off guard by this question but before I knew it, I found myself shaking my head. What a silly monkey I am. Did I just agree to date Kyuhyun? I didn´t get a chance to get my thoughts straight because I was pulled into a tight hug. Everyone around us stopped to watch the rare scene, the Casanova wasn´t affected by it, though. He kept holding my skinny body against his broader chest, so close; I could hear his heart beating. If having a boyfriend meant feeling so warm, I maybe didn´t mind having one. I closed my eyes and let myself be embraced by the maknae.

I was sure this feeling was blissful but why I felt so guilty for some reason then? I knew people were staring at us but for some reason I felt shivers going down my spine. As if someone was trying to pierce me with a glare. I took a chance to identify the person watching me so intently when Kyuhyun´s hug loosened. I turned my head slightly and looked back. Another wave of goose bumps went through my body when I realised the stare belonged to Lee Donghae, my ex crush. At that moment I understood two things. First, I still loved Donghae and second, I shouldn´t give up yet. And so I pulled myself closer to the warm boy next to me. I´m sorry, Kyu.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Muhehehe! Hukjae is about to take things into his own hands. This is EunHae fic, so although I love KyuHyuk too, this time I´ll have to leave Hyukjae´s heart to Hae. T_T  Love this: MC: There’s a shortcake in front of you. Which strawberry will you eat ? (Hyuk already ate all the strawberries on the prepared cake while being questioned…….)
DH: I’ll just use my own money and buy a new one.
EH: I’m a glutton (person who is devoted to eating and drinking to excess (lolol)).
DH: I don’t want to go and eat with him (laughs). - random suju info :D hehe, sorry