Understanding

The Cat´s Trap

 

"Junsu..."

"Stop it monkey, I´m going either way," my friend stubbornly interrupted my morning runt. At first I tried to stop him physically but although I work out quite a bit, it´s pretty easy to lift my light body and throw it out of the way apparently. One big blue bruise on my was enough for me to change my tactics to negotiation. But to my chagrin nothing worked on Junsu who was set on his stupid idea to have a talk with Lee Donghae.

"Hyung, do something, please?" I begged Heenim walking happily behind us with his tail swinging.

"And lose a chance to see this years´ best drama? No, thank you," the cat smirked and I pouted.

"Even the ghost agrees with me, right? Haha! Thanks, hyung?" Junsu laughed loudly and made a spin with thumbs up because he didn´t know the cat´s exact position. I could only roll my eyes at the two people who decided to turn my life upside down.

Before I knew it, I found myself in front of the school gates. Donghae will most likely come too late and Junsu won´t have the chance to meet him. But Junsu was too stubborn and decided to wait for him. We chatted in front of the gates for some time and I noticed people looking at me and whispering while passing around.

"Wow, you´re a celebrity here Hyukkie. Everyone´s gossiping about you, neh?" Junsu was amused.

"More like the biggest troublemaker here," Heechul pointed out. I swallowed my itch to say something like 'who´s fault was it' because there were people around and only Junsu knew about the little ghost walking under my legs.

"Look, it´s already late and I need to go inside. I´m really glad you came to my rescue so fast yesterday. You made it a lot easier for me, really," I smiled at my best friend in the most sincere way. I hoped he understood how much it meant for me to know I had someone to lean on. And my message was received because Junsu opened his arms wide for me and I didn´t hesitate to let myself be hugged by him.

We broke the hug and I ran to school, I only turned again when I heard Junsu call: "Call me, Hyukkie!" I nodded and quickly went to my classroom. I was in such a hurry that I didn´t notice a person coming closer to Junsu. A person who according to a certain plan was supposed to hear Junsu´s favourite endearment for me.

I sat down on my seat just in time for the lesson to start. But Hee hyung wasn´t there and that was strange. He liked sitting in the class and amuse me by loudly yelling at the teacher or random students who caught his interest. Now it was too quiet and I wondered where the cat disappeared to. I didn´t expect my questions to be answered so soon.

"Here´s a message from Junsu: Thank me later, Hyukkie!" The black cat sing-songed the moment it fell on my table unexpectedly. Before I could do anything the doors of the classroom slammed loudly and revealed an angry Donghae. Oh my god, what now?! I hoped the teacher would do something when the ginka started walking straight to my desk but nothing happened. Either the teacher was too surprised himself or too curious to know what would happen next.

"I had enough already! From now on you are forbidden to wander anywhere alone or meet up with strange people. And because you are not able to do so I´m going to stick to you. Don´t do anything without me, get it Lee Hyukjae?" The statement was too straightforward and unreasonable that it made me unable to react. What was that supposed to mean anyway? Suddenly I remembered the stupid contest a few days ago and strangely me being the prize.

"You aren´t asking me out, are you?" I asked partially in a joking manner in case I was completely wrong. Maybe I was too overestimating myself but there was this one thought I had in my head for some time now. This tiny little chance that Donghae might like me back. The probability was really small but I felt refreshed after the talk I had with Junsu and decided to give it a shot. I don´t know if I was just too ridiculous or really hit the spot because Donghae stopped his runt and literally froze in his place. Students around started murmuring and kept watching carefully yet another scene happening in their classroom. The ginka gulped nervously.

"And what if I am? What if I want to be your boyfriend?" He then said with a firm voice. I was caught by surprise for a bit but decided to stand my ground this time and clear everything before I get more headaches and sleepless nights.

"Do you know what it means Donghae? I´m gay, you know that," loud gasps were heard around the class when I finally spilled the beans. I ignored them and continued with my speech: "and I take it seriously when you say things like these. Dating me means dating a man and be sure I won´t pretend to be a girl even if it would be for you."

"I know you are a man but I just can´t help it. You did something to me and all I do is think about you. If you are alright, if anything happened to you, if you aren´t hungry and why are you so sleepy. I get jealous when you talk to other guys, especially that creepy Junsu guy. He told me to catch you quickly before he snatches you and does something really naughty to you!" Donghae lost his composure.

My face was burning! First that unexpected confession and then he brought up Junsu. Now I have a pretty good idea about what has happened. Donghae must have met Junsu in front of the school and the dolphin told him some nonsense to make him jealous. Seems like he went a bit overboard though, I´ll get him later for that. But suddenly I realised something. Donghae truly likes me and in this embarrassing argument I have the upper hand because I can finally see right through that silly fish. I can see clearly and what I see is the best thing I´ve ever got to look at. This person´s warmth was directed to me and I smiled knowingly.

"Are you sure?" I asked one more time.

"Yes. Please accept me, Hyukkie," Donghae returned my smile and at that moment I had no other choice than to accept. And I didn´t regret it even a little bit when I was hugged by that warm body and inhaled his calming scent. I returned the hug and everyone started clapping and cheering for us. Well, that was unexpected.

"Now you are a real celebrity, 'Hyukkie'!" You are on my finish off list after Junsu, Kim Heechul!

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Okay, last one or two chapters to go!!! Yaaaaaaay! The conffession was a bit hurried but I like to keep even count of words in every chapter, sorry. My sensitivness when it comes to symmetry, splitting and count is no joke. :D Wow, Eunhae kicked off their solo tour. I can´t wait for the fancams from their solos, especially Hyuk´s. I saw one with lower quality and it´s perfection! Also Hyukjae again wore a  womans´ coat, he´s really impossible :D and that´s a topic for my random sj stuff: Hyuk and clothes: Sungmin : Ah!…There’s once Eunhyuk ssi & Yesung ssi bought the same clothes,and it’s very expensive. So Eunhyuk gave the shirt to Henry…|| RW: I have bought jeans online before, and never again. It looked really pretty in real life, and the fit looked perfect, but (it didn’t fit). I had to give it to Eunhyuk-ssi. He was able to wear it kk| | RW: Celebrities are like this too.. when I wear something and realize that it doesn’t suit me, I will feel very annoyed. Recently I lost weight so there are more clothes for me to choose from. When I gain weight, firstly I won’t be able to fit into my pants.. I can’t wear it from the thighs onwards. Some of the clothes look nice but they mostly go to Eunhyuk first.. “I want to wear this!” But I can’t fit into it.. “Don’t bring it here!” I will get angry with no apparent reason