Observing

The Cat´s Trap

 

When I arrived home, I did as Donghae said. Took a hot shower and asked my mom to make me a tea. When that was done, I climbed into my bed under the blankets and started playing a random movie on my laptop. Heenim settled on his favourite place on my belly.

"Hyung, the headband belonged to your girlfriend right?" I asked eyes not leaving the screen.

"What are you talking about, it was mine! I was very sensitive when it came to my hair. Even now I let only you touch my fur," the cat growled.

"That´s because I´m the only one who can see you," I retorted.

"Whatever! Forget about the band and my memories. We have much more important things to do," Heenim turned his head to me.

"Hmm?" I hummed not understanding and stopped the movie to look at my friend. Hee hyung rolled his eyes.

"Are you serious?! What Donghae did today is a big issue! If he doesn´t like you, I´m sure he at least doesn´t hate you." So it´s about Donghae. To tell the truth, I was thinking about him since we parted an hour ago. My heart was still beating strongly from our contact earlier and didn´t want to calm down at all. I´m hopeless. I closed my eyes and sighed.

"Oh, so you weren´t thinking about me but about your little fish. I should have known." the cat smirked.

"Sorry, hyung," I smiled awkwardly.

"No problem, Hyukjae! It means you´re ready to continue fighting for your love!" Heenim said and striked a majestic pose. I was sure he was laughing at me inwardly.

"Let´s say I am, what should I do then? I´m already going out with Kyuhyun." It didn´t matter if Kyuhyun was playing with me or not, I couldn´t cheat on him. I felt guilty enough being with him while thinking about Donghae. I need to end it! But Donghae is still as straight as a ruler, he wouldn´t fall for me just because we are both single. How stupid I am.

"Tomorrow you have the dance practice, right? I nodded. "Invite Kyuhyun to watch you. Donghae took his girlfriend to watch too and the little gamer is his best friend, he wouldn´t kick him out."

"But why?" I was curious what was the sly cat planning now. But I never got my answer; instead I was pushed to continue playing the movie. I fell asleep thinking about tomorrow with the laptop on my bed and the cat on my chest.

The next day I did as I was told. I invited Kyuhyun to the dance practice and he agreed after he gave me another kiss on my cheek. My face caught on fire and it took me all afternoon classes to extinguish it. I entered the dance club practice room with my natural chalk like complexion and sat down between Shindong and Taemin. In the corner of my eye I saw Heenim settling himself on a bench next to the door, presumably the place where Kyuhyun will be sitting. Just what the hell is he planning?

Donghae entered the room after about ten minutes and went straight to the music player. Kyuhyun who came together with him closed the door and sat next to the invisible cat. Our eyes met and he waved at me. I shot him a gummy smile when the music suddenly burst out loud. I snapped my head to the front and started dancing. All the others dancers were as well caught by surprise but started dancing nevertheless. The song ended as abruptly as it started.

"Hyukjae, come to the front!" Donghae shouted. Did I do something wrong? I was always supposed to dance at the back; I was still a newbie here. I would rather stay at the back today. But Donghae didn´t look in a good mood so I didn´t argue and went to stand next to him. I turned my head to check on Kyuhyun, I was still worried because of Hee hyung. "Focus!" Came a snarl from the ginka next to me. I gulped and didn´t dare to look anywhere else than to the front anymore. You would say that after all my courageous or violent outbursts I wouldn´t be scared of Donghae but the opposite was the truth. The school king wasn´t any less scary than before.

I became too stressed thanks to the three beings in this room and so I chose to ignore them. It happened always when I was practicing here alone and sometimes even with all the people inside. I would just disappear into my world and forget about everyone. I promised I wouldn´t do it during the real practice because I would keep changing the choreography to fit myself and it didn´t look good with all the people around me sticking to the original dance routine. Today I was too tired to care and so I cut off all the contacts with the outer world.

Instead of the firm step to the right I swayed my hips to the side. I leaped when I should have just bent my knees. Instead of the slow turn I made two very fast. The choreography became more fluid, looked a little sloppy but definitely was more complex than the original. I had my eyes open but didn´t look at anything else than my reflection in the mirror. I kept checking my movement until the song ended and the music came to a halt. I stood there breathing heavily when people behind me started clapping and laughing.

They took it as a protest against Donghae´s tries to bully me. It wasn´t my intention but who cares, if others weren´t mad at me for ruining the routine, I had no reason to feel bad. I gave them a big smile and shot one to my boyfriend too. At that moment Donghae started the song again and I decided to focus this time.

The practice ended after an hour and Kyuhyun kissed me goodbye. Donghae didn´t say anything but made sure Kyuhyun wouldn´t take me home. He just rudely snatched my boyfriend to help him with some stupid homework. I walked away by myself. Then I remembered Heenim, was his plan a fail? It´s not like anything happened during the practice.

"Yes, I knew it!" A voice screamed from under my legs. "Gosh! Hyung, you scared me!" I scolded the cat.

"Never mind. I have two notes for you, a good one and a bad one. Which one first?" He asked.

"The worse," I answered carefully. I didn´t know what to expect.

"Okay. Just as I thought, Kyuhyun doesn´t love you baby," Heenim faked a cry but before I could ask he dropped the second bomb, "but you have some nice chances with Donghae instead!" What?! Someone stop this cat before I become a madman.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Muhehehe, Hee strikes again. I´m sure the situation is clearer now, -wink- :D there are some more interesting videos than eunhae MV: the mc asked eunhae what they do while doing concert overseas, then hyuk said they usually go to eat together, swim together and etc, then mc said “you really get then swim ?” and hyuk answered “yes, we swim at the hotel pool” then hae said: “did you guys see our video this afternoon? next time we’ll record us swimming and post it”