Sleepyhead

The Cat´s Trap

When I woke up, I was lying on the ground still in the dance club practice room. Donghae´s bag was under my head and his jacket around my body. I could smell his perfume so snuggled more into its warmth. When I came back more to my senses I realised, the music was on. It was playing quietly not to wake me up and I finally noticed Donghae standing in front of the mirror. He was dancing only in his tight shirt and jeans, barefoot. I wonder if it was for me too because the shoes make those squeaky noises when you shuffle on the dance floor.

I couldn´t take my eyes off of him. He kept swaying his body into the quiet song, carefully moving to the beat. Every faster movement or jump was as muted as possible. Tiptoeing instead of stomping and squatting instead of jumping. Still he looked awesome with his handsome figure and great dancing skills. Also the dance looked kinda intimate since we were alone in the room and I was supposed to be asleep. If the volume of the player was just a little bit lower, I´m sure he would be able to hear my wild heartbeat. Once again I was reminded that this wasn´t a simple crush anymore. I was in love with Donghae, totally head over heels.

Donghae made another elegant spin but his foot landed on the surface a bit loudly. He turned around to check if the noise woke me up and our eyes locked. For a minute everything froze. I kept looking at him, our expressions blank and unreadable. I was still snuggled into his warm jacket, only half of my face and the mop of my blonde hair poking out. He was standing barefoot on the dance floor with music playing in the background. Suddenly he smiled at me and walked closer.

"You awake? How are you feeling?" Donghae said as if nothing.

"Mmm," I answered my voice croaked from the sleep.

"You should have said that you weren´t feeling well. I´m sorry," Donghae said. “You had a bad day and I spilled milk on you too.”

“Spitted," I corrected him. Donghae just sighed.

"Okay, spitted milk on you. I´m sorry for that and also for not noticing your condition." His words were so sincere that I couldn´t do anything but forgive him. If you say I´m too easy, try to look at him with his puppy look activated. How can I resist, huh? Not fair!

"Sorry for falling asleep like that. You skipped classes because of me," I mumbled from my sweet hideout.

"You´re the only one having a problem with that. The headmaster is my uncle," Donghae smirked.

"Aren´t we friends? Help me out too…" I pouted so much that my jutted lip peeked out of the jacket. Donghae looked surprised for a bit and shook his head to wake himself up.

"Stop being so cute, I´m getting shivers," he told me. How can he say that aloud?! I blushed like a ripe strawberry and hid myself under the clothes. But soon my shell was gone in Donghae´s hands and I ended up lying poor on the ground curled like a shrimp, pulling my blond locks to cover at least a bit of my red cheeks. Gosh, how stupid I must have looked. I just woke up with my hair looking like a nest and a huge pink stain on my white hoodie. I was a mess.

"Hahaha! Come on, Hyukjae, get up!" His voice rung through the room. "You overslept all the morning classes, it will be lunch soon. Let´s go before the cafeteria gets crowded." I took his outstretched hand and stood up. I yawned and rubbed my face to get rid of the sleepiness but kept standing there dazed.

"Aish, you are really useless today. Here, change into this," Donghae handed me back his jacket but I wasn´t sure, if I should accept. Before my slow brain got to process the information I felt my arms being lifted. The ginka couldn´t take it anymore and stripped me out of my dirty hoodie and in an instant I was wearing Donghae´s comfy and warm piece of cloth again.

"Here we go. It´s too big but never mind that. Looks cute on you still," he scanned me and then put my backpack on me. Before Donghae left the room he didn´t forget to take his bag, to close the door and most importantly to take my hand into his. ´Not wanting to lose the monkey when it´s groggy´ was his reason.

We entered the cafeteria just in time for the lunch break. Donghae sent me off to his table and went to retrieve our meals. Apparently I was in no state to handle it myself. For your information I was wide awake the moment Donghae told me I was cute for the second time. I needed some time to regain my composure, though; I was confused by his behaviour. It felt like he intended to follow me for the rest of the day today. Although he acted like an idiot this morning, I could wash it out easily since it was simply childish. More severe was the way he treated me after I woke up. Love and care was what I felt, but is that even possible? Tell me, please.

"What are you doing here? This is Donghae´s table!" A high pitched voice said. I looked up and saw a bunch of girls standing around me.

"So?" I asked them annoyed. I had better things to do than to fight with the female species. Students fast filling the room were getting curious.

"How rude! Listen Blondie, I saw you sitting here with your friends a few times before. Go and pack them up, you´re not worth Donghae´s presence!" She screamed. What the hell? Sometimes I wonder how it´s possible for people to act this way. Why meddle into others´ business? Is she jealous? But she doesn´t know I´m gay so there´s no reason for her to want me get out of the way. Maybe I´m sitting in the wrong place, covering her view of Donghae. I had to laugh to myself.

"Stop laughing! If you are not Siwon oppa or Kyuhyun oppa or his lover-"

"Who do you think you are?! How dare you talk like that to Hyukjae! Ugly witches! And anyway, who says he´s not my lover, huh?" Donghae appeared behind me and handed me my lunch, strawberry milk included. Everyone went silent, Lee Hyukjae included.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

It´s really hard to update now. The school and some other things are really killing me. You need to be a bit patient with me, hope at least the story isn´t getting worse heh. Anyway the new EunHae album is totally perfect (MV too). On top of it ¨the boys keep posting lots of photos of them and I can´t wait for the fancams from their tour. E.L.F. Japan have the best concert goodies by the way, I wish I could get them for birthday or something.. :D Random SJ stuff: To wake Eunhyuk up in the morning if he’s tired, the managers start making ramen so that the smell would travel to his room. They know that he likes eating more than sleeping.