Shirt

The Cat´s Trap

 

My head was about to burst. Even if I pretended I didn´t care why was Donghae so angry before, in truth I couldn´t stop thinking about him. And now I had one more thing on my back too, a certain young gamer. My mom even scolded me during lunch for daydreaming. And that´s why I was so happy when Sungmin called me to hang out with him today.

"Hey, Hyuk! Are you even listening to me?" Sungmin hit the back of my head. We were walking around the shopping mall sometimes checking some shops but mainly just talking.

"Sorry Minnie, I was just thinking," I smiled cutely at him.

"That´s the third time you said that today. If you didn´t want to hang out this weekend, you should have said so!" my friend pretended to be offended.

"Stop sulking Sungmin. I´ll buy you an ice-cream, how about that?"

"Well you better do. I won´t forgive you if you ruin my day," Sungmin said jokingly and put his arm around my shoulders.

As promised I bought Sungmin a vanilla ice-cream and a strawberry one for me. We walked slowly with the icy treat in our hands. I made sure to concentrate on everything Sungmin was saying, I didn´t want to pay for a dinner too. We were laughing loudly, joking around when someone hardly bumped against my shoulder. I lost my stability and unceremoniously landed face first on the ground. And to make it worse I fell flat on my strawberry ice-cream, making a beautiful pink imprint on my yellow shirt.

"Yah! Can´t you at least apologise!" Sungmin yelled at the stranger. Only that it wasn´t a stranger but a very familiar face.

"It´s not my fault this monkey is too clumsy for his own good!" The familiar face, often called also Lee Donghae retorted. Behind him a ringing laugh and a pair of gums, similar to mine, appeared. I wasn´t surprised, of course he would take his girlfriend out on a date on Saturday.

I wanted to say something nasty but I decided to save them from my friend first before embarrassing myself more. Sungmin looked like he was about to jump on the poor couple and knowing his experience in martial arts, the outcome would be terrible.

"Min," I said weakly raising my arm. I successfully diverted his attention from the mean couple back to me. Sugmin sighed and pulled me up; when he scanned my body he looked at me with a tiring gaze.

"You look awful, Hyukjae," he said and I wasn´t even offended. My blond locks were sticking into all possible directions as an aftermath of the fall. My knees were dusty and I had a big pink stain on the expensive yellow shirt I wore. I was watching Donghae and Hyoseong walking away while laughing at my dishevelled state. I wanted to do something ugly to them but Heenim entered the scene.

"Oh my God, Hyukjae, you look like a mess. I´m not here for five minutes and you look like that!" The cat exclaimed, my mood not getting better. Sungmin must have sensed this because he tried to lift my mood.

"Hey, isn´t it a good chance to buy a new shirt?" He said. He was right, since all those happenings started I didn´t even have a chance to do one of my favourite hobbies. Shopping! A wide smile spread on my lips, teeth and gums all out.

"Let´s go Sungmin!" And with that, I took my poor friend´s arm and pulled him to the nearest shop. I picked some nice clothes for both of us because Sungmin is kinda a fashion terrorist, but don´t tell him.

I looked at myself in the mirror and felt confident once again. I styled my platinum blonde hair and brushed my black skinny pants. I bought myself a tight white long sleeved tee and tied the ruined yellow shirt around my waist. I put a black diamond shaped pendant around my neck. It was my lucky charm; I always wear it or at least have it in the wallet. I checked myself for the last time and satisfied left the shop.

"Now you look fine. If you showed that nice of yours, it would be better, though," Heenim appeared out of nowhere. I was about to stomp on his tale when I was interrupted.

"Hyukjae, Sungmin!" Another voice prepared to ruin my day. I turned to see Kyuhyun waving to us.

"W-What are you doing here?" Smooth, Hyuk.

"I had something to do at the city and came here for some quick lunch. Want to go together?" My Casanova asked. No, thanks, I´m in the middle of clearing my head. I don´t want any more incidents today.

"Of course, we were about to go eat something too," Sungmin didn´t receive my telepathic message. I should have informed him about my situation first, ugh.

We were sitting in the food corner at the third floor of the mall eating the food Kyuhyun gladly bought for us. I kept playing with my share, no appetite apparently. Sungmin was talking about something and was so immersed in the topic that he didn´t notice my suffering. Kyuhyun was intently staring at me, smirking slightly and I swear he didn´t even blink! I couldn´t even lift my head, which was as read as the ketchup on my fries anyway.

Just when I was at the level when I would burst from overheating, a bag slammed on the table. The poor plastic furniture started shaking pitifully and caused a can of coke leave the table and spill right into my lap. I yelped and realized that my brand new tee was once again dirtied. I looked up to see the assaulter who was no one else but Lee Donghae, his stupid girlfriend tugging along. He wanted to greet Kyuhyun when he noticed the state I was in. Donghae wanted to say something but I made sure he won´t say anything anymore today.

"How many of my shirts do you plan on destroying you fishy bastard!" I released my war cry and jumped on him. Before Donghae could fight back, he was tackled to the ground and I started punching him. He could have tried to apologize but the only sound that escaped his lips was a painful cry.

It took Kyuhyun and Sungmin fifteen minutes to separate us. When I was up on my legs again, I didn´t spare him even a glance I my heels and with a huge smile left. God, that felt so good!

"I can´t wait for Monday," Heenim commented. Aish!

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Hi! Anybody still reading? :D I can´t wait for the blueray ss5japan to be translated! :D Ryeowook:  ”Pineapple hair was still around when we debuted… We had those .. and Looking back now, I don’t understand how we managed to do it… It makes me want to go visit the designer (to complain).”