Ghost

The Cat´s Trap

 

"So you are saying that you were diving in the winter river just to find Kim Heechul´s headband?" Donghae looked at me as if I was the biggest idiot in the world. Maybe I was. I told him everything I knew about Hee hyung. Almost everything, I didn´t mention that he became a ghost and a cat on top of that and is haunting me for weeks now.

I and Donghae decided to meet up on Saturday in the park. He agreed to help me find more information about Heenim and figure out what had really happened. We were sitting on a bench near the fountain, spring slowly creeping out and warming everything up. Donghae kept teasing me though and the cat had a great fun watching me suffer. I bet the colour of my face was equally amusing since I often blushed when the brunette got too close. C´mon Hyukjae, pull yourself together.

"It was the only clue I had at that time!" I crossed my arms and pouted.

"Still, you could have injured yourself and I´m not even talking about your attempt to get yourself killed by an angry Chinese man. Really Hyukjae, what were you thinking?" Donghae sighed.

"Are you going to help me or just scold me?" I said already annoyed and decided to leave. The ginka wasn´t of any help.

"Of course I´m going to help you. Hyukkie, wait!" Donghae ran up to me and put his arm around my shoulders. "Let´s go together!" If I wasn´t red enough from the nickname earlier I would have caught the fire from his hand squeezing my shoulder in a soothing manner. The situation is getting out of control.

“Should we call Kyuhyun too?" I stuttered. Kyuhyun was still my boyfriend and I felt as if I was cheating on him. We didn´t talk much these days and I get a feeling I´ll be dumped soon. Surprisingly I don´t feel scared. And also I realised that it´s impossible for me to be with Donghae alone. I can´t focus at all. I keep thinking about how to suppress my feelings so the brunette wouldn´t find out. It´s distracting me greatly.

"No! I mean, Kyuhyun is surely busy and you said Kim Heechul was kinda your secret so it´s better if it´s just the two of us," Donghae blabbered nervously and I could only nod. Donghae seems quite confused himself these days but I don´t want to intrude his privacy so I won´t ask.

"Anyway, I´m enough because look what I have here," my fishy companion exclaimed and took a small paper out of his pocket.

"What is it?" I asked and Donghae handed me the paper. There was an address written on it and I already had an idea about who´s address it was. I held the paper low enough so Hee hyung could read it. ´Does it ring the bell?´ I mouthed.

"There lives Han Geng, the guy who almost hit you," Donghae said with a bitter face.

"Oh my God, really! Hyukjae, this is his house! We are going to his house!" The cat meowed happily and ran forward. You don´t see often this hyung to act childish, it was cute. I smiled for myself.

We took the bus and in twenty minutes we were at the place. I turned around and noticed the river not far from us. It was the place where Hee hyung lost his life by accident. A wave of sadness flew through my body. How does it feel to die so soon? I can´t even imagine how much must have hyung suffered, no how much he still must feel. He´s trapped in this world not able to leave.

"You again?!" An accented voice woke me up from my thinking. I didn´t even notice that Donghae had already rung the bell and the man I feared so much came out.

"G-Good afternoon," I uttered quietly. Han Geng was about to close the door but was interrupted by Donghae who put his leg inside.

"Spare us at least few minutes, my friend here is looking for some answers and I don´t want him to go insane, please," the brunette spoke up. Han Geng looked me in the eyes and opened the door wider. "Come inside," he gestured and we hurried inside. I made sure the cat follows.

"Kim Heechul was my best friend. When I came to Korea he helped me a lot to find a place to live and many friends too," the handsome Chinese man started. We were invited to his living room and even served a tea. I saw some strawberry snacks on the table but didn´t dare to eat them, I kept eyeing them, though.

"Do you know if something happened the day he died? I heard he was quite distressed," Donghae asked catching Han Geng by surprise.

"How do you know something like this? We were supposed to meet up that day but he never came. Later I learned he drowned in the river."

"Bastard! You didn´t want me anymore! I remember everything already!" Hee hyung screamed at his former friend and turned to me because only I could listen to him. "I was in love with him and I thought he liked me too and that day I was invited to his house. He wanted to tell me something and I expected him to confess to me but when I arrived I heard him talk to a girl. She was his girlfriend; he was to introduce her to me! He never cared about me; he just needed me because he was all alone in Korea. Now he had her and forgot about me. No one needs me! No one misses me!" He yelled his heart out and ran through the wall. I jumped out not wasting a minute, opened the doors and ran after him. Donghae and Han Geng were left dumbfounded.

"Hyung, wait!" I yelled and sprinted after him. The cat was running away desperately and then turned to ran across the street. I hurried after it.

"Hyung, watch out!" A car was speeding towards Heenim. I pushed myself and jumped over catching the cat. My body missed the car and fell on the pavement on the other side.

"You idiot! I´m a ghost! I can´t get hit by a car! Hyukjae-"

"Hyung," I whined and hugged the cat close to my body, "I do need you," sniff, "don´t leave me," I stuttered. I must have looked crazy jumping across the road and then crying while talking to my empty hands but I didn´t care. I had bruised knee but he was hurting much more than I was. I didn´t let go.

"Hyuk, I´m sorry and thank you. I promise to stay with you until that fishy bastard notices how perfect of a human being you are. Now stop crying or they will lock you in asylum," Heechul said and gave me a kiss on my cheek. More like a .

"Hyukjae!" Donghae yelled from across the street. Getting to me fast.

"Your hero is back," the cat smirked. He was crying just a second ago. Aish, this hyung!

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

The mystery is almost solved! Yehet! Isn´t Hyukjae blushing too much? :D Random SJ stuff: Ryeowook: I have bought jeans online before, and never again. It looked really pretty in real life, and the fit looked perfect, but (it didn’t fit). I had to give it to Eunhyuk-ssi. He was able to wear it kk