Contest

The Cat´s Trap

I looked around my favourite café looking for the part-timer who makes the most delicious strawberry cake ever. Maybe I should ask Henry to give me a piece for free since I brought him so many customers. I spotted Henry behind the counter and went to greet him.

"Hey, Hyuk! You´re here, it´s crazy, really!" Henry exclaimed in whichever language came to him first as soon as he saw me.

"Hi, do you have it for me?" I leaned against the counter and covered my mouth while I whispered to the young cook.

"I do, hyung. It´s a masterpiece! I have it hidden in the back fridge," Henry said excitedly but quietly. So into my game.

"Perfect, when I give you the signal, bring it to that table over there," I smirked and he nodded.

People with various drinks in their hands started gathering around the table reserved specially for the competition. The area was guarded by Shindong whom I asked to be the MC of the event since he has the experience. I was the judge and had to supervise the game carefully, it was a very difficult position because both of the contestants are quite stubborn and lack manners. Everyone was waiting for the main stars of the event to enter, locking their stares with the doors of the Mochi café.

When the clock hit the three, both Donghae and Kyuhyun stepped into the café. All eyes were on them but they were looking only at me. I could tell they were both in the fighting mode. I gulped loudly. Students made a way for the boys to reach the ring, I mean the table. They sat down with a loud thump across each other. I put myself down on the chair between them and signalled Shindong to start the competition.

"Ladies and gentlemen, welcome to the first official eating contest. On the left seat we have the dance club president, athletic guy, Lee Donghae!" Shindong roared and people started clapping and cheering. Donghae spun around on the chair and beckoned with a confident smile on his face.

"On the right seat we have the math club president, smart guy, Cho Kyuhyun!" Another round of applause followed Shindong´s narration. Kyuhyun too turned around to nod with a smirk equally confident.

"These two strong personalities will fight against each other in the battle of pride. Fairness of the contest will be guarded by the judge, strawberry loving monster, Lee Hyukjae! And I, Shin Donghee, will guide you as the MC! Let the game start!" Shindong spoke in one breath. I blushed at my introduction.

"Bring it on, Hyukjae," Donghae said challenging.

This is it, the moment of retaliation is here. I waved at Henry who immediately ran off to the kitchen. In a minute he came out with his ultimate masterpiece, my favourite dessert tuned especially for the purpose of the competition.

"Are you kidding me?!" Both Kyuhyun and Donghae screamed at the same time. In front of them stood two huge and sweet parfaits. The main part was a mix of strawberry and vanilla ice-cream, three scoops of each. Fresh strawberries and chocolate bits were swimming in the ice-cream which was decorated with a generous amount of whipped cream, strawberry topping and a chocolate cookie. Oh, how much I wanted to eat it for them. Endure it, Hyukjae!

"Honestly, it´s my favourite parfait and I´m sure you will fall in love with it just like I did!" I covered my evil smirk with my usual gummy smile.

"You are crazy, Hyukjae," Donghae sighed but still took out the spoon. Kyuhyun followed.

"Okay, here we go! Ready, start!" Shindong yelled and everyone started cheering. Girls rooted for their crushes and guys for their club presidents. I raised my head and saw Taemin and Sungmin taking bets on the winner. Sungmin glanced at me and waved with his hand full of bills. Smart.

The start was smooth. Kyuhyun scooped the whipped cream on his spoon and ate it in one bite. Donghae chose to dig into his food straight which caused a very ugly sight of the ginka with his face covered by the cream. I wonder if at least a bit of it went down his throat. Now comes the harder part, a very cold ice-cream. Kyuhyun was eating carefully, still thinking about his image and not wanting to end up like his friend opposite. Donghae in a hurry ate a rather large spoon of the ice-cream and experienced his first but not last brain freezing.

"Ugh!" What a manly sound I thought.

Kyuhyun pointed at him and laughed when he realised that Donghae was in lead. Throwing his image away he put his hand into the bowl and started picking out the strawberries. Not just he caused a great amusement for people around; he also brought a toothache to himself. The strawberries were nice and fresh bathed in the ice-cream; of course they would be cold or freezing by now. Kyuhyun learned this the hard way. I wouldn´t get caught by the berry like that, hmpf!

"Ow!" This time it was Donghae who was laughing. He came back from his own ice torture and was determined to win the game.

We all watched the schools' top dogs eating messily and laughing at each other whenever their brains froze. The table as well as the contestants were now covered with pink substance. The cheers got louder as the boys have gotten more tired. Donghae was forcing himself to swallow and Kyuhyun was slowly dying with his head on the table. The competition was about to end.

"Alright! Hyukkie, watch me!" Donghae suddenly woke up and took the bowl with the melted ice-cream into his hands. He stood up and brought it to his mouth. I watched as he gulped down the content of the bowl. A lonely drop of the pink liquid escaped his lips and made its way down his neck around the moving adams´apple. I stared at the boy who put down the dish and wiped his mouth with the sleeve of his branded sweater.

"I won," Donghae´s voice cracked and Kyuhyun looked up tiredly at him, saying something like ´congratulation idiot´. Everyone started clapping and Shindong announced the winner. But the moment he took Donghae´s arm and pulled it up, the winner retched and ran to the restroom. What a great hero.

"Can I have a word with you?" I turned to Kyuhyun who managed to wipe his face clean. I nodded and left the café quietly with him.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

I´m feeling better so I wrote the long awaited chapter. How is it? Messy enough? :D Awww, SS5 is finished already. If you haven´t watched the video where they bully Hyukjae during the superhero stage, you must do it now! So funny, really. These people become too wild when the last show comes. Also Hyukjae was kneeling during the whole ´Marry me´, because it might be his last proposal as he said..But he also said to watch SJ closely since 2014 is the year of SJ! :) Here´s some random stuff again!: Q: If both of you were to switch bodies for one day, what would you do ?
DH: That’s terrifying……I can’t bear even for one day if I have Eunhyuk’s face. Its a nightmare (laughs).
EH: If I have Donghae’s face, I will go and see the girl he dated before, and say “Let’s start over again” while kneeling. Then, I’m gonna take part in everything during live broadcast and get out of control !
DH: You absolutely can’t do that (laughs).