Tears

The Cat´s Trap

 

When I opened my tired eyes, I found myself at home. I tried to figure out what had happened because I don´t remember coming back. I lost in a snow fight, it couldn´t be helped, I was outnumbered and then I got a fever at class. Oh, and someone offered to take me home! Can´t be Sungmin, we´re still in a cold mode, so it must have been Shindong. He´s the only one apart from Sungmin who has been at my place. Wait, what was Shindong hyung doing in my class? Something´s fishy here.

"Wow! I haven´t read this one!" I snapped my head, an intruder in my room!

"What are you doing here?!" I was surprised, no shocked at the sight of Donghae going through my collection of manga.

"Ah, you´re awake? How are you feeling?" Donghae asked as if nothing. Feeling my .

"How did you get inside?!" I was sitting on my bed, shaking my head in attempt to wake myself from the dream, or was it a nightmare?

"Okay, calm down, Hyukjae. You fainted at class and since my driver was still at the parking, I offered to take you home. But your mom insisted I stayed for lunch and then I went back to your room but I noticed all those manga and started reading. You wouldn´t believe how time flies by!"

Donghae finished his speech and I could only stare. My head couldn´t comprehend the situation, I had so many questions but decided to ask the most important one for starters: "How did you know where I live?"

"I got to know it just recently. This Saturday I saw you with a strange guy and I got curious. I´ve never seen this person and it seemed like you two were close. I ended up following you two here," Donghae shrugged as if it was a normal thing to do.

“It´s my old friend Junsu. Wait!" I glared at him, "you stalked me? I wish I could just beat you up!" So this little fish is the reason for my sufferings. He deliberately followed me when I was having fun with Junsu then he got mad at Hyoseong who vented her anger on me and then he made all the kids attack me just to bring me back home afterwards. And now he sits here and peacefully reads my books while I´m fighting a terrible cold. I was pissed to nowhere! And because I felt unfairly harmed I did what I always do! I started crying...

"Oh my God! I´m sorry! I didn´t know it would be such a problem. I didn´t even do anything to your manga," Donghae panicked and put down the book.

"And what about the assault this morning, huh?" I sniffled.

"That was Hyo´s idea, not mine! I don´t get her reason either" Donghae defended himself.

"And you were okay with it?! They would stop if you told them, but you´re selfish. You thought about what would people think, if you defended someone like me and stopped the fun. You know, I´m sick of you! I wanted to become your friend because I really liked the way you dance but I guess it´s impossible. Please don´t talk to me and especially don´t talk about me from now on," I gave up on my crush with a big pain in my head and heart.

"Hyuk-," Donghae wanted to say something but I didn´t let him.

"Leave, I´m tired." And with that Donghae quietly left. I lied back only when I heard the front door slam.

I cowered myself under my blanket and continued crying. This all was just a big mistake. I should have never listened to Heenim, my life was a mess thanks to him. I lost my best friend, I lost a chance to get close to Donghae and I even lost my pride. How many times have I cried for the past weeks? I became a total crybaby, not like I haven´t been one before, but it definitely worsened.

The doorbell rang and I heard my mom talking to the newcomer. And soon I heard steps getting closer to my room. I braced myself for the worst when I heard the door squeak. I was still hidden under the blanket sniffling. I felt a weight next to me and then the person started caressing my blond hair which was sticking out of my fortress.

"Hyukkie?"  I stiffened. That voice. Sungmin?! "Hyukkie, are you alright?" His voice was soothing just like always before and it made me cry even harder. "Ow, Hyuk, you´re a mess," Sungmin noted when he successfully broke my cocoon and looked at me. And before I knew it I was enveloped in a bear hug. Sungmin held me like that for hours and I kept pulling on his shirt. When I calmed down, it was already evening and I got enough courage to look him in the eyes.

"W-Why did you c-come?" I said carefully, not wanting my friend to go away.

"You know, I got a strange phone call today. The person yelled at me for abandoning you for almost thirty minutes. He told me you miss me a lot and that I made a big mistake. I was accused of being a bad friend and an idiot, if I use weaker terms. I didn´t have a chance to fight back when the person ended the call," Sungmin shook his head, "but he opened my eyes. People often thought I was gay," must be because of all that pink stuff you own, I thought, "and I got kinda aversion towards that word. I´m sorry, I hurt you so much, Hyukkie. Can you forgive me?"

Sungmin looked at me pleadingly. I was afraid to say yes. It´s not that I couldn´t forgive him but I was scared he would betray me again. I stared into his eyes and I saw there a worry and guilt. I decided to say yes.

"By the way, who called you?" I was curious.

"I didn´t know him but he introduced himself as Heenim. Strange, right? He was pretty vulgar and he wouldn´t stop talking! Good it was on the phone or else I would get hit! Do you know a person like that?"

"Pfffff! Hahahahaha!" That cat is impossible, I swear, I´ll give him a nice pat.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Tadaaaaah! I´m sorry, I still keep Donghae and Hyukjae apart, but I´ll make them closer soon, I swear. :D It´s getting too angsty. Thanks for still reading this nonsense, really you´re incredible! By the way Eunhae new album has 13 songs! I can´t wait, but the title ´Ride me´ :D Aigooo