Encounter

The Cat´s Trap

"So basically you are saying you were just watching? That was the whole plan?" I asked my invisible friend. It was still Tuesday afternoon and we stopped in the park on our way home so Heenim could explain to me what he found out. I was sitting on a bench a bit further in the park not wanting to be caught talking to myself. The cat was lying on my lap playing with my long scarf.

"Well, yes. But the plan was a success. I found some interesting facts, didn´t I?" He said and nuzzled into my scarf.

"What makes you think Kyuhyun doesn´t love me then?" It´s not like I loved him back, but still I felt kinda sad that he was just playing with me. I wanted to trust him and believe he wasn´t just a snarky gamer but a really nice and playful guy. He seemed pretty sincere while we were alone.

"I´m not really sure what´s his plan. I don´t know if he´s trying to piss Donghae off or has another reason to play such a complicated game. But from what I noticed, he doesn´t touch you or kiss you when Donghae is not around. He always makes sure the fish is near when he flirts with you, even that night at Kyuhyun´s place Donghae saw you. He was awake," Heenim confessed.

"Eh?! That´s so embarrassing, I feel stupid!" I exclaimed and covered my face with my hands. You know, I´m a very innocent person, forget about my collection of , so just a simple kiss makes me blush hard. If Donghae was always watching… Aish, I can´t even think about it. My ears were bright red, good I hid my face because someone might think I´m sick or something.

Why would Kyuhyun do it anyway? Was it to make Donghae angry as Hee hyung said or does he have a different plan? The question is, do I want to be a part of his plan? Now that I know, I can just break up with him or at least make him tell me what he´s up to. Maybe he wants Donghae to become a better person and stop playing around just like Hyoseong. But why would he use me then? That´s not it. Ugh, why is it so complicated?

"Okay and what did you say about Donghae?" I asked still covering my face.

"What about me?" I snapped my head. There right in front of me was standing Lee Donghae himself. Great.

"How long are you here?" I bit my lower lip and looked away.

"I was walking nearby when I heard you scream that you´re stupid and embarrassed. So I came here and saw you as red as a tomato. What the hell are you thinking about you ert? By the way, you talk to yourself quite a lot, it´s kinda scary," Donghae said calmly looking down at me. I just wanted to dig a hole and crawl into it. Why is his timing always so bad?

"G-Go away, I was just thinking about something," I crossed my arms and frowned in order to look intimidating, which wasn´t possible since my lips made a very childish pout and my cheeks were still pink from all that blushing. Awesome, Hyukjae.

"Hahaha, thinking about me, Hyukkie?" Donghae was amused. Wait, Hyukkie?! Oh my god, this is gonna be my death. Only Sungmin and Junsu call me with this nickname and even though I knew, he was just messing with me, I couldn´t help but blush again. I don´t remember my natural complexion anymore with how often my face catches in fire.

"N-Never!" A hopeless try to deny.

"You just said my name and now you´re even stuttering. You´re not a good liar, Hyukjae," Donghae smirked. I sought for help from Heenim and looked down at my lap but the cat seemed distracted.

"I think I know this person! Hyukjae, this person was in my memories!" He exclaimed and jumped down from my lap. A person from his memories? This is a good chance to learn something more, I´m sure this person could tell me what really happened and why was Hee hyung a ghost. And on top of it a cat ghost.

"Hyung, wait for me!" I yelled after the running cat and hurried after him. I totally forgot about Donghae, he must think now I´m crazy. I just run after an invisible cat and called it ´hyung´. But I was extremely worried about my feline friend and there was no one else but me who could help him.

Heenim was jumping around a tall and handsome man trying to catch his attention. But as always, he couldn´t see him. The cat was on the verge of tears meowing uselessly. I stepped closer.

"Excuse me?" I addressed the man. He turned around and looked at me questioningly. I glanced at the cat.

"I´m sorry, Hyukjae, I don´t know his name or anything, I just feel he knows me," Heenim looked at his paws sadly.

"Do you have something to tell me?" The man inquired a bit impatient. I noticed his accent was heavy, maybe a foreigner?

"Err," I started nervously, "my name is Lee Hyukjae and I wanted to ask if you know a person," I bit my lip and looked at him.

"A person? Who?" Seems like he´s willing to listen.

"Well, I don´t really know his name. I just have this," I said and put down my backpack. I fished out the white headband and showed it to him. He looked quite surprised and even maybe angry.

"Why do you have this?!" The foreigner yelled resentfully and snatched the headband from my hand.

"It belongs to Hee hyung, give it back!" I didn´t want to lose the only connexion to Heenim´s memories. I jumped at him and won the accessory back then I made a step away from him but stumbled and fell on my . The man was about to hit me when he was stopped by someone.

"What are you doing?! Hyukjae, are you alright?" Lee Donghae was standing in front of me shielding me from the man. I nodded weakly and tears started falling out of my eyes. The person from Heenim´s memories looked at me shocked but calmed down fast.

"By Hee hyung you must mean Kim Heechul, right? He´s dead so stop coming after me," and with that he turned around and went away.

I burst crying again. "I´m sorry, h-hyung," I sniffled and felt the cat tapping my leg with a paw. "Thanks, Hyuk, you were awesome and now I at least know my name, neh?" He smiled. I returned the smile and wiped my tears with a sleeve. The headband still firmly in my hand.

"Stop saying nonsense. You must be tired, c´mon I´ll take you home," Donghae sighed and brought me up on my legs. He put a hand on my waist and didn´t take it back until we were in front of my doors. I thanked him and shakily went inside the house. Donghae was watching me worried.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

I don´t know, what to say about this chapter. I just hope it´s clear :D random suju stuff, Hyuk at TLJ: Hyuk´s sister had a new phone which still had the protective covering on it. Then Hyukjae, the brat, took her phone and said something about setting it on fire.. And then! Just tore the covering off! Her sister is the type of people keeps the protective covering forever and so at the time, she just stood there frozen.. then Hyukjae, whilst laughing, kept sticking it back on and then peeling it off again, and then flipped the phone over and stuck it back on and peeled it off again, then even asked her sister to say thank you =.= Her sister is now in a state of collapse and shock  :D