Hangout

The Cat´s Trap

 

I felt very happy today. I forgot about all my worries, about Sungmin, about the dance club, Hyoseong, Heenim and even Donghae. And for that I had to thank my favourite friend, Kim Junsu. We just ate lunch and were walking around the city centre.

"-and then my brother took him and threw him out of the window!" Junsu was telling another impossible story.

"Haha, that´s nonsense!" I could only laugh. But I stopped the moment Junsu asked me a question.

"Hey, why do you not have any girlfriend yet? There were always many girls who liked you."

I panicked. Should I just shoo the question out or should I be honest. Is it safe to tell Junsu? If I make a mistake now, I may lose my first friend ever. I wasn´t prepared to take such a blow at a time like this. I went through a nervous breakdown while my friend was watching me with pity. Junsu slowly came to me and put his hand on my shoulder. He looked at me reassuringly and I decided to spill it.

"You know, I won´t ever have a girlfriend," I whispered under my nose and looked away. Junsu was a bit taken aback.

"What do you mean; did someone break your heart?" I bit my lip and raised my head. My hands were sweating, body trembling, my throat was dry and eyes tearing.

“No. It´s just, I don´t really like... girls," I trailed off. Junsu was confused at first then he understood and widened his eyes. His mouth had the shape of ´O´. I was expecting the worst but I should have known better, this was Junsu, not just any person.

"I see, so do you have any boyfriend then?" Junsu corrected himself as if we weren´t talking about a taboo topic.

"You are fine with it?" I still wasn´t persuaded.

"Of course, you´re my Hyukjae, aren´t you? It´s not like you are any different before and after telling me. I´m glad you did, though," a smile.

I wanted to thank him but I began crying instead. Yeah, I´m a crybaby but it´s not like I can help it. Junsu hugged me tightly and I felt very lucky to have a friend like him. I was so distracted that I didn´t notice a pair of eyes watching me intently. If I was more focused, I would realise that those eyes continued then to watch me until the end of the day. But I wasn´t and thus I happily continued with Junsu walking around the city.

We were hanging around the shops for a while when we spotted a huge crowd. Both I and Junsu were curious by nature so we went to check it out. There in the middle was a small space where three b-boys were doing a small show. They were spinning and doing various tricks and everyone was cheering for them and throwing coins to a prepared hat. At the end of the performance one of the guys screamed.

"Okay, this is the end of our show but as always if there is anyone who wants to challenge us, come here! We bet all our today’s´ earnings!"

Suddenly without even knowing I was standing in the middle of the crowd. Junsu, I´ll kill you! I heard him chuckle prom behind me.

"Ooh! We have a challenger today! Okay, let the dance battle start! 3! 2! 1! Music cue!" And with that music started booming again.

Well, since I´m here, why not? I began dancing, not the way I dance for myself or the way I dance in the club. I danced just like in the old days with Junsu, I was getting sentimental. When it was just the two of us, we would play around a lot. I took a cap from one of the b-boys and moon-walked to Junsu, placing the hat on his head. He jumped to the circle and using poppin´ he returned the hat to me. As I had my friend by my side now I could play more. I did a handstand and Junsu made a funny face while picking me up and dumping me in on his shoulder, causing people around to laugh. Then he put me down and brought up again while I made a b-boy pose. When we were both on the ground again we showed a short routine we made like five years ago. Even after such a long time we nailed it perfectly and with one more funny trick we finished posing like super heroes.

Everyone was clapping and cheering. The b-boys wanted to give us all their earnings but we decided that a few coins to buy an ice-cream would be enough. We were laughing at our luck and merrily went to buy the icy treat. But somehow I couldn´t shake off the feeling that someone is watching me and when I turned around, I swear I saw a familiar mop of brown hair.

Junsu would stay the night at my place and leave early in the morning. We were tired from the day filled with laughter and constant bickering and lied down. Junsu was settled next my bed where I was curled on my side. We were chatting, trying to catch on our missed time.

"Hey, Junsu," I spoke up. "Mmm?" Came a tired answer. I was contemplating on telling Su about Heenim the whole day. I realised that he might be the only one to actually believe me. And I told him, omitting information about Donghae. That was only between me and the cat.

"So you´re telling me there´s an invisible cat somewhere?" Junsu exclaimed looking around.

"Well, Heenim is usually there but I haven´t seen him the whole day. Oh, there he is! Hi, hyung," just in time the black cat landed on my bed.

"Where is it? Ouch!" Junsu asked, but before I could answer, Heenim already bit his calf. What a rude cat I have here.

"You should call him hyung, not it, if you don´t want to be bitten again."

"I´m sorry hyung. Hyukjae, from now on, I expect you to contact me more often, this is the most awesome thing that has ever happened to you!"

Yeah, thanks, I didn´t know. But nevertheless I agreed to update Junsu about any news. That night I slept with a peace in my mind and calmness in my soul. I believe everything will be better once again. That´s what I thought because I didn´t know at that time what was expecting me at school that Monday.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Hi, there! Hyukjae had a good time with Junsu, but now he has to go back to the reality, which is not all pink and fluffy. Muhehehe :D