Surprise

The Cat´s Trap

 

What the hell am I doing here? This question I kept asking myself for the past three hours. Although I already thought of many answers, I wasn´t satisfied with any of them. Heenim, as a good friend he is, didn´t leave my side to my chagrin. Constantly worsening the situation by repeating the same question: What the hell are you doing here?

I was standing on the school yard. It was evening and the sun was already nowhere to be seen. The temperature dropped and I couldn´t stop shivering. Blame my poor body constitution. There were many types of fireworks hidden under the snow around me, waiting to be fired up. If you guessed, I was here waiting for Lee Donghae, you guessed right. Albeit I wish you were wrong instead.

I promised my new friend to help him with his girlfriend Hyoseong. Donghae decided to take her on a date during Valentines and begged me to assist him. They would come here after the dinner, but the little brat didn´t tell me the exact time and made me wait here for almost three hours in this insane cold.

Finally I heard some voices coming from the direction of the school gates. And indeed, soon I could see the awaited couple on the weakly lit walk. According to the plan, Donghae and Hyoseong stopped near one of the street lamps, so I would get a good view of them. I was standing in the dark, waiting for the ginka to kiss his girlfriend and after that I was to start the fireworks.

"Hey, stupid monkey, are you happy, huh?" Heenim nagged. I saw Donghae holding Hyoseong´s hands and talking. Must be something cheesy, bleh.

"Forever alone, Hyukjae?" The cat continued. Donghae pulled his girlfriend closer and held her waist. Hyoseong put her hands around his neck. Disgusting.

"You might become the biggest moron in the world," Heenim meowed and I suddenly felt my pride hurting. I went straight to the fireworks hidden in the snow and fired them. When I turned my head I saw the pair, who was about to kiss, abruptly turn their heads up.

"That´s my boy!" The black cat screamed and laughed, "you´re the best, Hyukjae!"

Hyoseong let go of her boyfriend and watched the show. Donghae just stood there, the perfect moment gone. I knew, I would get it from Donghae on Monday, but right now, I was satisfied with myself. I almost turned into the worst douchebag ever and I was glad, that Hee hyung woke me up just in time.

I sighed and looked up to watch the fireworks exploding. Colourful and bright flowers of different shapes were appearing on the sky and then dissolving into small sparks before disappearing completely. It was beautiful and I suddenly felt happy to be here, although I couldn´t stand next to Donghae, I knew he was near and it felt great.

If I looked to the right for a bit I would be able to see Donghae looking back at me. Sudden brightness of the sky above made my silhouette come out of the darkness and lit my face with different colours. I would realise, that maybe it was a lie, that Siwon´s out on a date and Kyuhyun didn´t want to come, making me the only candidate. Maybe I would find out, that I was meant to see the firework too. But I didn´t look to the right and didn´t notice Donghae´s stare at me. Instead I watched the show to finish, before being pulled back to the darkness again.

"Oppa! Thank you so much!" I heard Hyoseong scream. I turned my head and saw Donghae nodding at me and then he took his girlfriend´s hand and went back. I sighed again and took Heenim into my arms, walking home.

 

"Well the timing wasn't really good," Donghae exclaimed, when we were talking on Monday.

"It´s not my fault, you´re slow," I countered.

"What?! I´m the best kisser, or so I was told," my proud friend crossed his arms and raised his head.

"If it was true, Hyoseong would rather kiss you than watch the fireworks, huh?" I mocked.

"T-That´s why I said the timing was bad, but whatever. Let´s go eat lunch, I´m hungry," Donghae said and walked away to the cafeteria. I laughed to myself, right to your face, fish! I heard Heenim laugh too somewhere under my legs.

I went to retrieve my lunch, not before I went to buy myself a strawberry milk for dessert. When I had the plate with food, I went to sit to the usual table with my friends. But when I arrived, no one else was there only a note glued to the table: ´Your friends were kidnapped. Come to my table. The greatest Lee Donghae´

I turned around just to see Shindong, Taemin, Ryeowook and even Sungmin sitting awkwardly at the same table as the ginka and his two friends. I frowned and went to them, ready to save my dear friends, who were held hostages by the most childish villain ever.

"What do you think you are doing?" I accused the villain.

"Calm down, Hyukjae and sit down. Our table is the biggest in the cafeteria, it looks empty if only the three of us sit there," Donghae said calmly while stuffing his face with rice. I wanted to say something, but was pulled down by him, landing with my on the seat next to him. At least he didn´t spill the pink milk on my shirt this time.

My friends became more relaxed in my company and began talking between themselves. Well, Shindong was fine all the time, but now his voice became louder. I kept chatting with them, laughing occasionally. I felt someone staring at me, I turned my head, expecting to see Donghae, but instead my eyes locked with those of the maknae. Kyuhyun looked immediately away. When it happened for the third time though, I decided to start a conversation.

"So, you´re Kyuhyun, right? I´m Hyukjae," I said and held my hand. Kyuhyun didn´t take it, instead he stood up and walked away. What the hell? This brat is as annoying as Donghae! Seems like my peaceful days are not likely to come back soon.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Hello! How did you like the chapter. The story is kinda getting more complicated, hehe. :D Eunhae ´Ride me´ album cover pictures are out, but those in underwear (it looks like underwear, it´s not though) are cuter :D Have a nice day and thanks for reading!