Cat

The Cat´s Trap

 

I opened the doors to my classroom. It was already filled with people but I wasn´t late. I´m never late but since I´m cool I wouldn´t come too early. I´m not saying that I´m the school ginka or something but I´m not some looser either. I have my own pack of friends and girls like me too, no joke, really.

"Hyukjae!" My best friend Sungmin called me. Sungmin is cute and kinda feminine guy but he´s quite manly when you get to know him. And he´s also the one I run to when I´m feeling sad or happy.

I went and sat on the chair in front of Sungmin. We were busy talking about my new shoes when the teacher came. I turned to the blackboard not wanting to gain attention from the educator, he´s not the one to be joked around with. But there was someone who didn´t really care. The classroom door opened and the real ginka entered. Of course it caused uproar in the class.

"Lee Donghae, please go sit on your place, you´re disturbing the class," the teacher said in a tired tone. It was always like that. Lee Donghae would come late and without any apology go to his seat.

Donghae wasn´t that smart but he was very handsome and rich. His family owned half of the companies in our town, making the pretty boy very valuable and also frightening. Just like the situation moment ago, no one dared to act harsh towards him in worry the boy would cause him troubles. But their worry was rightful because Donghae, if angered, could really make someone´s life a nightmare. Although his personality , he still was very popular at school. He had curly brown hair, fair skin, attractive thin lips and the most beautiful eyes the nature has ever created. Donghae was an athletic type too, the captain of the soccer team and the representative of the dance club. A total ladies man too, gah.

The ginka sat on the opposite side of the classroom immediately laying his head on the desk ready to oversleep the lesson. He could skip as many lessons as he wanted, the teachers wouldn´t say a word. And his friends would usually help him just enough for him to pass his grades. Donghae wasn´t stupid just lazy.

I finished my morning classes and went to the cafeteria to eat my lunch. When I arrived, the hall was already packed with students. Donghae was sitting in the middle with his friends, V.I.P. table clearly. But as I said, I was quite popular too, also having my own table on the side. I sat down next to Sungmin and started eating.

"Have you heard what happened in professor Park´s class?" Ryeowook leaned on the table and whispered as if it was the biggest secret ever. But yeah, I was curious. Wookie had always the best news after all.

"Mr. Park was explaining something and everyone was bored and so but suddenly he screamed! Everyone looked up to see what´s happening and Mr. Park was holding his leg. And when he pulled up his pants, there was a bite on his calf. But there was no animal in the classroom!" Ryeowook said in a creepy voice.

"So what, he just sprained his ankle or something," I tried to reason.

"But what about the bite?" Sungmin was caught up in the story.

"He had it already from before," I countered. This was nonsense, some shabby try of a horror story? Geez.

Ryeowook made a face at me. I just ruined his new rumour with my solid arguments. I laughed at him instead and he frowned. But soon came with other rumours and news from our school. We laughed and chatted and like that we happily finished our lunch.

Afternoon classes were as boring as the morning ones and I was relieved hearing the bell. I packed my things and bid goodbye to Sungmin and the others. Instead of going home I often go to the practise room of the dance club. The members are there only on Tuesdays and Fridays so I can use it as I wish for the rest of the week. I went to the third floor and opened the door at the end of the hallway. Empty. I put my bag down and went to connect my phone with the player.

Ta-dam.

What was that sound? I looked around, but no one was there. I must be paranoid already. I´m always careful not to get caught in the practice room. When someone comes, I just pretend that I wasn´t dancing, just hanging up there or something.

Ta-dam-dam.

I turned abruptly but just like a minute ago nothing was there. Did Ryeowook´s story really make me so alerted today?

Ta-dam-dam-dam. Bam!

I was hit by something on my head. What the hell?! A black cat was sitting in my mushroom styled brown hair! "Get down!" The cat disappeared and a then appeared down under my legs. Nuzzling up to my pants the cat mewled. I softened.

"What are you doing here, kitty?" I said and patted the cat behind it´s ears.

"A bit more to the left, Hyukjae," the cat said. Wait, the cat SAID?! I quickly stepped back. The cat grinned and gave me a wink. Holy flying monkeys!! Come on. I blinked and tried to think normally.

"Something like that can´t be true. Snap out of it, Hyukjae! Is too much homework making me insane?"

"You might be crazy, since you talk to yourself like that." The cat mocked me.

"I´m sorry, Mr...“

"Heenim, call me Heenim, please," the cat sat elegantly down proudly raising its head.

"Okay, Heenim. You aren´t a cat, right? I mean like a living cat." Being already a madman I spoke to the animal.

"Well, somehow you are right. I´m not a living cat." Yes! I knew it! So it´s just my imagination. "I´m already dead. So technically I´m a cat ghost. But I´m older than you so call me Hee hyung, Hyukjae." Ugh. My head hurts.

I had enough already. I took my phone and bag and ran out of the room. I ran without stopping until I arrived home. I went straight to my bed and fell on it. Maybe I´m just tired but it´s not like have more work or am more stressed. I laid on my back and closed my eyes. I breathed in and out and opened my eyes...

"Hey, Hyukjae!"

"H-Hee hyung...“

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Hi! So how is it? Does it seem interesting? Sorry, I had to kill someone, I needed a ghost. Don´t cry, please. ^^