Chapter 8

Crossroads

I stretched out my hand that was holding the umbrella to him. “Uh..you can use the umbrella.” He turned his head slightly. His eyes budged from the umbrella to my face. I was staring intently at his eyes. “No need,” he replied coldly and turned away putting his hands in his pocket.

 

I remained rooted to the ground. I felt kind of rejected but I went with my guts. “Take it. I am just going to the nearby bookstore. You go ahead with this,” I pushed on and offered him as I looked at him sincerely. He looked down at the umbrella and at my face once again, contemplation painted on his face. I shoved the umbrella slightly onto his hands. Hesitantly, he inched his fingers to grab it. I might have given him a slight smile before I made a quick run into the bookstore.

 

Yongguk’s POV

The day was perfect to spoil my mood and work. I sighed as I removed my jacket to shake off excess raindrops on it. Lucky for me there was a shelter nearby for me to wait for the rain to subside. I ruffled my hair to dry it from the rain. As I put on my jacket back, my mobile phone rang.

 

“Hyung, we are following him but somehow he went into someone’s house. Can you come here fast?” Jongup spoke hurriedly. This guy would always be in a panic when I was not around. That makes me even more annoyed though he is the most obedient friend I had.

 

“I’m stuck in the rain,” I answered in an annoyed tone.

 

“Please hurry up. We all don’t know what to do.”

 

“NO I can’t,” I said firmly stressing the situation I was in then. “Just wait. I’ll be there soon. Don’t do anything until I come,” I warned and hung up the phone. His call even made the day look gloomier than it was. It was somehow getting on my nerves. But no matter what, I have to be there. Then I felt someone approaching me. Someone of a small build which emitted a soft voice saying, “Uh..you can use the umbrella.” I looked at the object she offered- an umbrella. I shifted my gaze to her face and a bell in my head rang. I have seen her somewhere recently but I could not register her face as my mind was bent on the rain to stop pouring.

 

That umbrella would be useful for me but I will be embarrassed when the guys saw me with that. The image seemed fragile and I hated thinking about the outlook of carrying an umbrella. To add on, hers was a light blue colour. It was a huge no.

 

“No need,” I coldly replied while avoiding her intent gaze. What was she staring at? Oh maybe I looked too fearsome in my loud hair colour or that I had a grumpy face. I thought she would turn away with my hostility towards her but she was persistent. She shoved the umbrella at me. “Take it. I am just going to the nearby bookstore. You go ahead with this,” she gestured and then she quickly ran towards the nearby bookstore. My hands hesitantly grabbed the umbrella while I watched her. I scrutinized the umbrella and smiled to myself.