Chapter 11

Crossroads

“Hyung! Hyung! Hyung!!” a loud voice boomed into Yongguk’s eardrums while his mind was floating in the vast sea of thoughts. He was surprised to see his friends looking at him with dazed expressions on their faces. “Hyung, what were you staring at?” Jongup asked, forever being inquisitive. “Nothing...” he replied in a reserved tone. “Hyung, is this yours?” Zelo asked while holding the light blue umbrella. Yongguk recollected the source of that umbrella and he remembered that girl he met just now. “Oh...hyung has a soft side too..” teased Youngjae. “Ah.. that...just leave it, it’s not mine..” he replied bluntly, avoiding further probing from them.

 

“He’s passed out again, I guess only fate will determine who saves him,” Youngjae boasted as he rubbed his fists. He is the best fighter among them as he learnt taekwondo from his father as a child thus he picked up taekwondo and honed his skills. He became an asset for them as any deals would be settled immediately.

“Let him be...Now I need to find another lead to the answer...” Yongguk stated. The others stared at each other blankly and shrugged their shoulders. They were never certain what Yongguk was hunting for but they knew it was something important and they would help him no matter what.

 

The four of them met in middle school where they were usually got picked on and teased by other kids in the school. Somehow, fate brought them together. They stuck with each other like real siblings and vowed to always protect each other till the end. Yongguk was the bravest and the most rebellious among them. He had a handful of temper but he was always the one that gathered them together and ensured they strengthened their brotherhood. Youngjae was the one with talking and fighting skills but was shunned by others as his mother was a known bar singer in his neighbourhood. That became the reason why he lived with his father his whole life after his parents separated. Jongup was the obedient kid we would never see him doing any mischiefs but he was too obedient he allowed kids to bully him. To top it all, Zelo was the brains that they needed. Other kids were envious of him thus they criticized him a lot. Right now, Yongguk needed them to seek the answer he needed. And he has promised himself nothing would get in his way to stop him from hunting for the truth.