Chapter 14

Crossroads

Yongguk’s POV

My heart was covered with a gush of guilt when I saw her face. I remember her face. Her face was soft and pure with her long brown tresses falling freely from the sides of her head down to her shoulders. She had innocence in her eyes when our gazes met and I could not bear to look at her further. Her voice was delicate like her face, similar to an angel. The bandage that she wrapped on my arm was still intact. Why did she help me? Won’t I scare her? No one would go near someone that looks violent like me. But she did without second thoughts. She even gave her umbrella to me. Why did I not keep it to return it to her? Arghh stupid me. Why am I questioning myself like this? Even lying down on my bed now, I kept thinking of my encounter with her. I saw her smiling at Zelo and that was a smile which gave a sense of warmth in my heart. Her voice replayed like a melody in my head and I did not realise I was smiling. What has got into me?

 

In a room..

“Hyung, someone has gone to find Ray. They should be back soon,” Dean replied at Himchan. Himchan looked up and fixed his eyes on him. He drummed his fingers and tightened his jaws.

“If he is not back by midnight, you guys are all dead. Get that?” Himchan warned indignantly.  

 

Two men rushed into the room carrying a man, half alive and plopped him onto a chair. There were bruises and cuts on his face. “Hyung, we found Ray in this state at a warehouse.” Himchan shut his eyes tight and briskly stood up and slammed the table hard with his hands.

“WHY IS HE LIKE THIS? I told you guys to stick together and this happens. Who is responsible for this?!” he yelled furiously. All of the guys hung their head low and remained silent. No one dared to mutter or even breathe when Himchan was angry.

 

Himchan walked towards Ray and eyed him closely. He then grabbed his hair and pulled his head backwards, straining the roots of his hair and stretching his neck. Ray managed to open his eyes halfway but his breathing was weak. His energy was drained from the tormenting beating. “Listen here. Don’t act like a hero next time when all you got is your limbs. Go clean yourself and come back in one piece alright?” He released his grip and then patted his cheeks. “Take him away and make sure he is back in a clean one piece okay? Get lost!” he commanded the guys. The guys hurriedly brought him out of the room and left Himchan alone in the room.

 

He sat down and swivelled his chair to face the night view outside the building. All the lights on the streets are scintillating. He picked a cigarette from the pack and lit it up. As he puffed slowly, his mind travelled to Ray. Who beat him up badly? There must be someone after Ray or maybe someone after himself. This guy can be a threat for him and he must do something to prevent any bad things from happening to him. His mind then flashed images of Julia, his sister. He missed her. He wanted to spend time with her just like their younger days. He wondered what she would be doing now. He thought so long no stranger goes near her, she would be fine.