Chapter 16

Crossroads

“There’s no need for you to send me off till my doorstep,” I voiced as we walked through the alley that lead to my house. “No no, remember there are bad people everywhere. I can’t leave you alone,” Daehyun defended. Somehow, I could feel the tinge of concern in his voice and made me felt at ease knowing I was protected. But I halted my steps at the end of the alley to bid him farewell.

 

 

“Thanks for the..uhm..abrupt dinner or..you called it, date,” I smiled. I really did enjoy the date and it felt like hanging out with an old friend. “Nah, I had the intention to bring you out for dinner. My pleasure...so long there’s meat,” he teased. I pinched him hard on the arm which sent him groaning and laughing in pain. I giggled along. In the midst of our laughters at the silent alley, Daehyun pulled me towards him and held my arm. His move made my feet rooted to the ground as I looked up to his face. He then leaned forward, inclining towards my right before planting a kiss on my cheeks. I blinked hard. Did he just give me a peck? There were goosebumps at the back of my neck and I clenched my fist nervously.

 

 

“Goodnight, have a good rest!” he smiled widely as he walked off, waving his arms around. I could not move any of my limbs but my head turned, following his movements as he left the place. The moment of shock from the kiss dissipated and I realised the current situation. “YAH!” I shouted across the alley but he already ran away, disappearing into the night. I took a deep breath but my cheeks felt warm. Was I blushing? I walked back home with suspended emotions from Daehyun’s kiss. 


OMG sorry for the super duper late update to this fanfic! I had some problems for the past few months and well im back so i will continue updating this story~