Chapter 24

Crossroads

Yongguk’s POV

She stepped into this house? I could not believe myself. She even cooked for my birthday. Does she know who am I? I would be lying if I said I was not moved by what she did. She was inching slowly into my heart with what she was doing although we both rarely talked. There was this urge to talk to her but I could not bring myself to. I was uncertain what she thought of me. Obviously I would look like a hooligan with this red hair of mine. “Julia.....” Her name made my heart unsettled. I felt like her presence completed what I lacked. I got up and sat on my table. My fingers grabbed a pen and paper and it started to write my feelings from the bottom of my heart which I wanted Julia to know. I poured what I felt and through the night, it felt like I’ve written a short novel for Julia. The only thing left was for her to read it but I could never guess what she would feel. I could never expect her to accept what she would read.

 

Himchan clenched his fist and shut his eyes tight. His teeth gritted as he listened to the story his men told. He could feel the heat on his ears as the story was put together. “So you’re telling me the man that beat Ray up was him? Yongguk? Are you sure?” Himchan asked with austere tone.

 

“Of course, we’ve been tracking him and his friends day and night. They even came outside our building, we can’t be that ignorant,” the tall one replied with a smug face, proud of what he could present to his boss. Himchan’s head throbbed upon knowing this. He knew that Yongguk was after him for some reason but he was not sure why. If it was something to do with territory, it had to be dealt the hard way. “Then what about my sister?”

 

“Oh...she seemed to be..friends with him. I think she visited them...huh potential boyfriend maybe?” teased the tall one. At the mention of boyfriend, Himchan grabbed him by the collar and pinned him to the wall hard with eyes burning in rage. “I warned you about your sharp tongue didn’t I? So before you lose it, shut your garbage mouth,”Himchan threatened him. He released him roughly and sunk on his chair, drumming his fingers on his desk.


Deep in his heart, he was always very protective of Julia. She was his only sister and he had always looked out for her since their parents passed away. He would never allow her to be harmed by anything or anyone. Losing her was unimaginable. He was not prepared for Julia to have any special someone in her life. The only guy he trusted to be with Julia was her childhood friend, Daehyun. No other guys were allowed to be near her. The fact that she was in Yongguk’s house disturbed him. His thoughts branched out various reasons as to why she was there. Now that he knew Yongguk was after him, he was more determined to obstruct her from being near Yongguk. His unflinching desire to protect Julia from the hands of mean guys was even stronger.