Chapter 10

Crossroads

Yongguk held on tight to the umbrella as his pace hastened, splashing hard on puddles of water formed on the rough road. Time is ticking by and Yongguk had no room for patience in his heart. His eyes remained focused on the road ahead that would lead him to the warehouse. Jongup reported that they managed to surround and capture the man in an empty warehouse. His heartbeat palpitated as he was anxious to meet that man.

 

“He may be a key to what I need to do, I might find an answer from him...” he thought in his heart as he turned at an alley and walked straight towards a large warehouse at the end of the alley.

 

The door creaked open as he pushed it and he could spot dim light bulb lighting up the interior of the warehouse. He closed the umbrella and wiped off droplets of water on the sleeves of his jacket. He calmly strided towards the centre of the warehouse where he could see 4 figures ahead. One of them was seated on a chair while the rest were hovering around him.

 

“Oh hyung came!” shouted Zelo, the youngest there. He regarded him just like his little brother as he usually followed his instructions and his brain was one a hell of a genius. Smartypants was his nickname. He came closer until he stood exactly in front of the man. His head was hanging down sideways while he was tied onto the chair. He seemed to have fainted. “Hyung, we gave him some blows on the head as he was a bit rebellious. Aren’t we good or what?” Youngjae spoke up. Yongguk smirked. Youngjae sure knew what he was doing and he surely did his part well. He patted him on the back and then bent forward and grabbed the hair of the man.

 

“Hey! HEY!! Open your damn eyes now. It’s time to face reality,” Yongguk hissed through his teeth. Anger slowly burned inside him like a raging inferno as he faced that man. He gave him a slap on the face and his face swung to the other side. The man started to pant hard though slowly, trying to regain his consciousness. Yongguk held up his face by his chin and his eyes slowly opened under the bulb directly above his head.

 

“Wha..what do you want? If you want money, I have none.”  His face cringed probably due to the tight grip on his chin.

 

“I’m not after your money bastard. Just tell me where is Python.”

 

“What Python? I know no Python. You have the wrong man, man!” he raised his voice.

 

“SHUT UP! Don’t you dare to raise your voice at me get it? I know Python is your boss...so just tell me where he is and you are free to breathe again,” Yongguk threatened him as he further gripped his chin.

 

“I have no idea and even if I do, I won’t tell you anything. No one knows where is Python except for his right-hand man,” he muttered. “I see.. so who the hell is this right-hand man?” he asked, impatience growing violently obstructing his rationality.

 

“I don’t know. Just let me go. I have nothing to do with whatever you want.”

 

Yongguk closed his eyes with dissatisfaction engulfing his inner being. He was once again left with disappointment. He thought he was that close to the answer he seeked but it proved him wrong again. He shoved the man’s face away. “Clear up this mess guys and make sure he shut his mouth,” he instructed the guys. He turned and walked towards the exit and behind him. He could hear punches and kicks being exchanged. That man had to suffer. He failed to give him an answer so his fate had to be cruel. He left the building and leaned against the walls of the warehouse while tiny raindrops hit his head. He sighed loudly as he once again reached a dead end. As he did that, he looked up at the sky and his mind wondered off just like how the dark gloomy clouds drifted away to welcome sunshine back to radiate the world.