Chapter 12

Crossroads

“Julia, aren’t you getting ready for the date with Daehyun later?” Minji voice suddenly erupted behind me which alarmed me as I was checking the stocks in the storeroom. “What date?” I had no clue to what she was saying and I totally forgot about the date with Daehyun.

 

“Yah, you are really slow. Didn’t he gave you daisies for a date just now?”

 

“Ahhhh.. oh.. okay..uhm.. I don’t know..” I half-heartedly replied. Actually, I did not even thought of going on dates with anyone and I never wanted to think of one as I was not into any relationships for now. Daehyun was close to me but I regarded him as a close guy friend with a good listening ear. So to go out with him on a date would make me feel awkward.

 

“Well, he’s coming soon. Better not disappoint him. If not, i’ll make you buy me beef the whole month!” threatened Minji jokingly to which I responded with a laugh.

 ___________________________________________________________________________________________

 

Yongguk and his friends entered the bookstore. It was the first time for him in such cosy quiet places. He was not a bookworm thus there was no need to be in a bookstore. It was Zelo who brought them here as he loved finding new books to read. “Wah, this place is really awesome,” commented Youngjae as he went to explore the store with Jongup, who had a fascinated face plastered on his face. Zelo was at a corner scrutinizing certain books on the shelves and his face bloomed with excitement analysing the books. Yongguk, on the contrary, was purely not interested in any of these stuffs and his mind was just focused on the truth he seeked and his next moves. He thought,” If only there is an answer here..”

 

I went over to the counter as I placed the stock book on the counter for keeping. “Keep this properly as I have recorded everything for this month.”

 

“Yah, they came again....” Minji mumbled in annoyance. “Who?” I asked curiously.

 

“Those hooligans...there,” she pointed, pouting towards the shelves at the other end. I turned around and peered at the figures loitering there. I felt like I was looking at a group of rockstars as all of them had distinct hair colours ranging from blonde to red. However, a figure with a bored stance caught my eye. He was just looking around not specifically at books but at the ambience of the store blankly. The rest was absorbed in their own fascinations of books.

 

“Now where did I see him? He just seemed too familiar...” I pondered. I shoved the thought aside as I went behind the counter to help Minji and at the same time, distracted my mind from thinking about the date with Daehyun.