Chapter 27

Crossroads

Daehyun called out my name numerous times. I could hear him chasing after me but I was especially fast that day. As much as I ran, my mind was straddled with thoughts and my heart weighed feelings I could not comprehend. Only one thing was certain - while Daehyun’s voice faded, I called out Yongguk’s name louder in my heart each time I took a step. I was breathless from running but my heart still beat fast with the growing feelings for Yongguk.

 

The red heavens were brewing and slowly cloaked the landscape surrounding the cliff. I grabbed my chest which began to stifle as I inched slowly against the strong winds towards the tall figure standing with his back facing me and hands inside his pockets. There was a clump of hesitation in my heart obstructing my pace but the foreboding feelings from reading the letter dominated me. Memories of how I met Yongguk outside my house till just now at the bookstore rushed through my mind, making me realize that my curious feelings for him turned into a strong affection for him unconsciously. We exchanged little words but with the gaze we had on his birthday, it was enough to tell me we had an unspoken connection.


 

I stood directly behind him and I felt small and insecure due to his towering build. I could only clench my fists to eradicate the anxiety that made my stomach churned and my heart palpitated. As if having psychic powers, he turned to face me swiftly with a sharp but delicate gaze. I was immediately hooked and I was mesmerized more than being nervous. For a moment, we only stared at each other with our bodies motionless, accompanied with heavy breathings. Our mouths seemed to be sealed and our tongues felt like it was in a knot. Only the howling winds translated the moment into words we wanted to say to each other.

 

Somehow, he pulled me into a yearning embrace. His arms went around me slowly initially but it grew tighter. I could feel how much he wanted the moment. My arms naturally went around his waist and as I rested my head on his chest, I could feel the exchange of body heat between us mixed with yearning and love. It was the first time ever I hugged a guy. His body was well-toned, giving off a manly vibe. I was especially attracted to his body scent which smelled like a little boy after his shower. The hug was simply us putting our feelings into unison and allowing our souls to connect.

 

He let go of me but his hands was fixed on my shoulders. He looked me directly in the eyes, trying to transmit messages with his gaze. But I was too intoxicated with the fact he was before my eyes that my limbs just went numb. “I love you, Julia,” were the three words he uttered before he clasped my face with his warm hands and kissed me.His thick lips were passionately pressed onto mine and somewhat trembled but felt soft. My arms naturally pulled him towards me as I drowned in the luscious lip-lock while my heart went from palpitations to steady pulses. I felt like the world spinned like a whirlpool but the intensity we felt was hot like melted lava. His breaths were unsteady but I could feel his burning love exuding from him.


The moment was new but realization dawned upon me that he was the one I love. He pulled me into his passionate wild love that I never imagined but I wanted badly. I wanted to be his as much as he wanted me. We both knew there was this extreme desire between us within the short time we knew each other and that made this love journey a strong, wild and passionate one where we have trust. For me, Yongguk became my first and only love.