Chapter 21

Crossroads

I left the bookstore early to head to Yongguk’s house where the rest of them were. Jongup dropped by previously to give me the address and informed me that Youngjae and him will be at home while Zelo and Yongguk will be out so that I could prepare the food. I somehow lied to Minji that I would be going to Himchan’s office for some family stuff. I did not want her to know I was hanging out with Zelo and friends as they seemed like hooligans to her.

 

I gave a slight knock at the door and the door swiftly opened. I was greeted by Youngjae. He reeked of cologne and was dressed like a dandy guy. “Hello, Chef Julia! Welcome!” he greeted me and gestured me in. The house was not really big but it had a homely vibe. It was neat and the furnitures were well-organized to make the house looked spacious. I could see the kitchen from where I stood and also the two rooms on opposite sides. I somehow felt awkward as I never went into a guy’s house alone and being with Jongup and Youngjae makes it more awkward. Youngjae brought me into the kitchen where I saw all the utensils and kitchenwares neatly arranged on the table for me. Jongup was at a table cutting some vegetables.

 

“All the ingredients are here. If there is anything you need, call me ok?” he instructed and gave a wink at me. I slightly smiled, not sure how to react. I immediately put on apron and started working on the feast for Yongguk’s birthday surprise with Jongup helping me and Youngjae decorating the living room.

 

Outside Himchan’s office...

“Hyung, this is the office. Apparently, it’s guarded 24/7 by his men and they also have security features all over the office.” Zelo explained to Yongguk as they scanned the tall building. They could hardly see any soul leaving or entering the office except for some men in suits.

 

“Good job. What else do you know?” Yongguk was actually satisfied that Zelo obtained this information within a short period of time. It was an important information for him to move closer in seeking the answer he needed. “Not much. But at night, they seemed to be always heading to a certain place. I’ve been trying to tail them. That place may be what we need to know,” Zelo answered. Yongguk sighed. Days were passing by and the answer seemed to get further each time he tried to get nearer to it. His face cringed and showed a hint of dismay.

 

“Hyung, don’t worry. We all will help you to find Python. We are brothers. Today is your birthday isn’t it? We should celebrate and have fun. You rarely have a fun birthday. Let’s go!” Zelo assured Yongguk while patting his back. “Go where?” Yongguk asked inquisitively. “Let’s go! You won’t regret!”