Chapter 32

Crossroads

“Move there a little bit will you?” muttered Youngjae under his breath as he nudged Jongup on his arm. Jongup snapped from his trance as he shifted his weight further towards his left side while trying to be cautious about being too near to the door of the warehouse.

 

Youngjae plastered his ears against the wall to capture the slightest sounds of voices coming from the warehouse. “Aish… why is it so hard to hear them talking?” Youngjae grunted, annoyance vivid on his face. Apparently, his grunts fell on deaf ears as neither Jongup or Zelo responded which heightened his annoyance. He then turned his attention to Zelo who was busy working on a device. “What are you doing? Aren’t you supposed to be helping me or something?” Youngjae complained.

 

“Hold on hyung, I might be able to use this to help us,” Zelo responded with enthusiasm in his voice. He then stuck a small chip onto the wall of the warehouse and then turned a knob on his device in various directions while he plugged his earpiece into his ears. “Here take this hyung,” he gestured towards Youngjae to plug the earpiece as well. Silence prevailed as Zelo meticulously tried to make his device work and both Youngjae and Jongup were eager to obtain some form of results from it.

 

“Is what you are saying believable? Because you are dead if you lie to me about this,” Himchan warned his men.

 

Dean smirked and stuck his hands in his pockets as he strutted in front of Himchan. “You have to believe me because I’m your right-hand man and your most trusted men here out of them all. I saw with my two eyes..how close he was to your sister. By close I meant that kind of relationship you know..”

 

Himchan clenched his fist and gritted his teeth, trying to hold back the anger building inside him. “What else you got to tell about him?”

 

“I won’t need to hide from you since this involves your sister. I did a background check and well, I got to know this Yongguk guy is one of those gangsters in this neighbourhood and pretty sure he wants to expand his territory by getting close to your sister and having the opportunity to destroy you, right? We need to act fast before anything happens to you or your sister,” Dean stated with a serious expression.

 

“Are they saying that they would do something to him?” Youngjae broke the silence and looked at Zelo. Zelo stared back, his eyes filled with agreement and also slight terror after hearing what was discussed from inside.

 

“What did you guys hear?? Is it serious or not? Tell me!” Jongup demanded with a clueless expression.

 

“Yongguk hyung is in danger. We need to inform him about this!” Youngjae emphasized.

 

“But but.. won’t this somehow cause problems in his relationship with Julia noona?” Zelo questioned with anxiousness.

 

“What is more important - his life or his relationship? We need to act before them to save him,” Youngjae reasoned. “Let’s go guys, we have no time to waste!”

 

 


hello my dear subscribers! i know i am a bad author for not updating this ff but there were really many things that happened that i had to pause writing this story for a bit... but here are 2 chapters do enjoy reading it and comment below! :)