Chapter 33

Crossroads

A loud horn from the street outside disturbed my peaceful sleep and awoke me that morning. I grumbled silently as I stretched myself to properly get myself out of the bed when my hands gently glided to the side of the bedsheet and realized that it was empty.

“Yongguk? Where are you?” I was puzzled because I remembered correctly that he was sleeping next to me last night and I was cuddling in his arms as we held a long conversation. Where had he disappeared early in the morning? Thoughts of last night began to creep into my brain as my eyes were opened wide and I stared into the blank ceiling.

 

“Yongguk...Yongguk!” I called his name gently as I walked into my room. My heart was still tingling from the fact that Yongguk surprised me by coming to my house after so long and celebrated my birthday. I really missed him so much and his presence made everything seemed to pause for a moment that I just wanted to be absorbed into his world. I peeked into the bedroom to find him resting his neck against my bed frame with his eyes closed. He looked like a little angel despite his wild appearance, kudos to his blazing red hair. I smiled sheepishly and climbed onto the bed to snuggle beside him, resting my head on his broad chest.

 

“Silly.. you are sleeping here when you said you want to spend time with me?” I whined, trying to . He opened his eyes slightly and then smiled, showing his perfect set of teeth.

 

“I was waiting for you.. you took so long in the kitchen..” He brought me closer to him and I instantly felt a surge of warmthness that made me feel safe. “I miss you alot Julia… nothing is the same if I’m not with you..” he muttered as he caressed my hair and kissed my forehead.

 

“We are here together right? Stay with me tonight and I’ll be fine.” A period of silence enveloped us before he broke the silence with a question that I was not really expecting from him seeing how much we have spent our time together and knowing how much we are madly in love with each other.

 

“You never really told me about your parents… or anyone in your family… and neither do i.. maybe we should open up about it.. because we are in that stage of a relationship..” I looked up and then sat up to see his face. I was confused yet I sort of understood where he was coming from but the question did made me ponder slightly what his intentions were. Moreover, my family history was something critical that was not easy to explain to anyone and it would make me really vulnerable if I ever shared it with anyone. I held his hands and began to disclose the detailed past of my childhood. Throughout that period of time, I tried to not break down and let emotions dominate me but it was difficult because the past was not something that I could get over with. I could feel Yongguk’s eyes fixated on me as he listened to my story attentively and occasionally he would wipe the dripping tears that fell from my eyes and squeezed my hands tight to calm me.

 

After the long meltdown, I cleared the tears from my face and looked at him. His deep brown eyes was staring back at me and were telling me he understood me yet he has questions bubbling in his mind. “What is it? Just ask me if you need,” I muttered as I climbed and sat on top of his lap as both of my hands firmly held his face.

 

“Nothing… really.. just…”

 

“Don’t keep it to yourself alright? You know I’m always here and I won’t leave you in any situation.”

 

Yongguk sighed and cradled me closer to him as he caressed my back gently while gazing deep into my eyes. “Just that.. your brother is the most important person in your life right now yet he doesn’t know who I am… what would he think of me being with you? I’m..just unsure of our future..”

 

I snorted a laugh but clamped my lips tight sensing the serious tone of his voice. “You, the tough guy with this wild red hair and compact muscles, is worried about my brother?” I could only smile at his naive mindset and realised how concerned he was with the relationship. “Even if he objects you, you do know that right now my love for you overtakes everything in my life right? So, it’s impossible that we will be separated,” I assured him.

 

I could see he felt slightly relieved upon hearing my words but yet his facial expression cannot hide the anxiousness he felt in his chest. “I just don’t want to lose you Julia.” He cupped my face as his face inched closer to mine and then he gently pressed his lips against mine and slowly parted his lips to nibble mine. Immediately, I felt a whirlpool of emotions swept all over me and I let his mouth and tongue do the job that night that made me feel desired and loved. I got lost in his world once again, repeatedly telling myself that I would never ever want to leave this beautiful man and the world he gave me.


hello! yeap tried to update a chapter, hope u guys enjoyed reacding it! :D