Chapter 28

Crossroads

We were inseparable since that day. No day passed without us spending time with each other. After my working hours ended, I would make my way to his house and spent time with him till the night took over. We would cook together, watch shows together or most of the time, we lay in each other’s arms having conversations about lives, people and us. I felt so comfortable with him. I could spend hours talking to him. I could just look into his eyes to know what ran in his mind under that red hair. He gave me this feeling that his presence was the only thing I needed to complete my day. I was in love with the man behind the wild fierce physique, the man that has tenderness and love on every inch of his body and spoke through actions rather than words.

 

“Psssh.. so now what? You are more keen to be with him rather than me?” Minji sneered at me one day at work.

 

“No.. I’m here with you all day aren’t I?”

 

“It’s not the same.. I mean I know he’s your boyfriend and you two fell in love at first sight whatsoever.. but there are more to this world than just the two of you.. you know?” Minji lectured me. I could only sigh and smile. I was helpless. I did not asked for it to happen but somehow, feelings developed.

 

“By the way, did you realise Daehyun hasn’t been coming here lately? Is he sick or what?” Minji suddenly inquired. I gave a blank expression and then realized the last time I saw Daehyun was about 2 months ago, the day I was at his house. Did I just ignored one of my best friends? Questions ran through my mind as I asked myself where he was now.

 

“I’ll pay him a visit later... I’m sure he’s fine.”

 

One night, I made my way home from work. I cancelled my meeting with Yongguk as I was  not feeling well. As I walked up the steps to my front door, I noticed that the living room was bright. When I entered, I sensed no souls there. Only one person could be home then. I saw my bedroom door slightly ajar. I went in to see Himchan sitting on my bed holding a picture.

 

“Oppa, when did you come back? You didn’t call,” I spoke as I settled down beside him. My eyes turned to see the picture he was holding. It was of me and Yongguk taken at a park.

 

“Who’s this?” he suddenly asked in a straight voice.

 

“Ah.... he’s.. uhm.. he’s Yongguk. A friend.”

 

Himchan sighed and put the photo away. He turned to me and held my hands. I sensed the tense atmosphere spiralling in the room as I faced him. His face was serious and his gaze was sharp. Was I in trouble?

 

“Look, you are my only sister. I know you don’t have many friends since young because you are shy. But I never stop you from befriending anyone... It’s just that.. sometimes I’m worried about who you mix around with.. especially boys..”

 

I held back my laughter hearing the tone of his voice as I did not want to break the tension. “You sound like a mother. Trust me oppa, I am careful about it.”

 

“Tell me if any boy gives you a hard time okay? I’ll break his bones if I catch anyone doing that, understand?” he warned as he my hair. I hugged him tight. I was thankful to have such a loving brother. Deep down, I knew Himchan was not prepared to see me sharing my love for him with another guy. However, I always knew that he wanted the best for me in anything. And I strongly believed that Himchan would accept Yongguk as the man I love and want to be with my whole life because just like him, Yongguk could protect me and could give me the security I needed.

 

 


super duper sorry abt not updating this fic!!! good news is that i wanna wrap up this fic so that i can start a new fic asap >.< hope u enjoy these two chapters! :DD