Chapter 1

Crossroads

I looked down below at the vast ocean as I stood close to the edge of the cliff. The wind blew hard on my face accompanied with howling sounds that signified the desolate atmosphere surrounding me. The waves in the ocean kept hitting rocks roughly as though it wanted to vent out sentiments of frustrations. I felt a connection to the waves. It seemed to play the melody in my heart, not a sweet tune but a tune filled with grievance, anger and resentment. I clenched my teeth and fist to fight those emotions away from my heart to get back my rationality but my brain was not functioning. It kept me thinking of those fateful incidents that lead me to where I was standing. I wished how it would be helpful if the wind could carry away the pain and void in my heart.

 

I sat down on the cliff with my feet hanging and clutched my backpack. The cliff I was at was not any ordinary cliff. It was a cliff where I had let my heart free for someone to enter. It was a place where I build a foundation of two hearts called love with a person. And it was a cliff where a journey full of passion, trust, love as well as resentments and violence began. I did not choose to tread the path but it came to me like how the wind caressed my cheeks, rapidly but softly. I rummaged through my backpack and took out a piece of paper, folded in half. I unfolded it and my eyes began to peruse the words written on it. As I did that, my fingers gently traced the words penned on the paper. I could feel the soul of the person who wrote that and my mind chased back the memories of him that replayed like a tape. Those memories were shared between us and we had a world where no one could enter, it was only meant for each other.

“To the girl I never knew but I want to live with, Julia,”. Those few words made me remember our first meeting. A meeting that I called fate and a meeting that turned my life around which lead me into another world called love.