Feelings

The Sweetest Thing Called Love

Gay. That is the word that usually made someone go "Oh. Really?" or "Ew!" or "O.M.F.G. I always wanted a best friend!". However, it wasn't like that in Korea. Kai didn't believe he was even gay until he met Kyungsoo and really got to know him. It still shocked him at what his life was like, falling for his teacher, getting in a car accident with his teacher, and pretending to be his teacher's boyfriend while he was in a-what Mr. Choi would officially call "Coma Memory Disease". He knew what he was doing was stupid, but he was blinded by love. So when he explained what had happened while Kyungsoo was in his coma, he already knew how the latter would react...and he was completely right.

"How could you trick me like that?" Kyungsoo asked, not really yelling, but not speaking gently either.

"I'm sorry."

The two boys were the only ones in the room. After a while of Kyungsoo's mother crying about finally seeing her son back to the way he was, Taeyeon decided to show them the cafeteria where Kai usually spent him time when he couldn't see Kyungsoo. It was now summer vacation, so Kyungsoo's job was offically over, he was only to be a teacher for this year. Kai would be graduating tomorrow, making him a free man. He would no longer be a student, so why should Kyungsoo still treat him like one?

"Kai-Jongin. I know you like me and I'm flattered, but with Han Gyu and my teaching job, I can't be dating someone right now. You are a sweet guy and I can bet you you will meet that one person that will be the one-"

"Kyungsoo, you are the one." Kai interrupted, he reached for the latter's hand but stopped himself. He knew Kyungsoo wouldn't let him touch his hand.

"I'm not, Jongin. I am far from being the one. I'm old."

"We are almost the same age, Kyungsoo. And I'm no longer a student starting tomorrow. We can make this happen, it will be legal."

"Jongin, I don't want it to happen. I don't think it would be right for Han Gyu."

"What do you mean? Han Gyu loves me and he already thinks we are dating."

"He is just a child, Jongin."

"Kyungsoo, please-"

"I need to sleep, Jongin. I'm exhausted."

"Then can I just ask you a favor?"

"I guess."

Kai took a deep breath then spoke "We both know how I feel about you. I love you, Kyungsoo. If you ask anyone here, Taeyeon, your mother-even Mr. Choi, they will all tell you how I treated you like my boyfriend and never left your side even when I was supposed to. Tomorrow, if you want to at least give us a try, show up at my graduation, but if you don't want to give us a try, then don't come. I'm going to leave for my rehearsal," he rose from his seat and walked out the door, he peeked his head in to take a look at Kyungsoo, who was too busy thinking about what he said to realize the latter staring at him, he smiled then walked out of the ward.

<><><><>

Kai walked up to the stage, he was the sixth in line and there was no sign of Kyungsoo. He hoped the worse. The principal listed off the first name, Lee Changmin. The first boy walked up the stairs and to the center of the stage, bowed to the principal and took the tied up diploma. Then the principal read off the next person's name, Kim Taehye. A girl, second in line, walked up to the stage with her blonde hair tied into a bun. She bowed to the principal and took the diploma. The third person was called, then the fourth, then the fifth. Kai looked into the crowd, no Kyungsoo.

"Kim Jongin." the principal said, Kai looked straight and walked towards the principal. He bowed then took the diploma from his hands, he walked over to the last person called and sagged.

The graduation ceremony went on for an agonizing hour. After it was over, and after the students threw their caps in the air, Kai still tried to look for Kyungsoo, but he wasn't anywhere to be seen.

Kai looked for his parents, who of course weren't there...even for his graduation. Kai kicked the ground in frustration, the grass and dirt getting on his designer leather shoes.

Then he heard the croaked voice "Jongin!" His head rose and he turned around, a huge smile appeared on his face. Kyungsoo stood there wearing a buttoned up white shirt and black slacks, his hair was messed up, like he had just woken up, and behind him, running, were a group of two nurses and Mr. Choi. "I'm sorry I'm late, I-" Kai started walked towards him slowly, his smile never leaving his face "I couldn't get away and-" Kai took Kyungsoo into his arms and ended the space, their lips meeting. Kai moved his hands up from the latter's back and cupped his face as he deepened the kiss. Kyungsoo smiled in the kiss and wrapped his arms around Kai.

"I love you." Kyungsoo said after moving his lips away from Kai, who probably would have kept the kissing going for hours if he could. He didn't care if he was getting looks from some of the students or the teacher. He didn't care because he was no longer a teacher, he was just Do Kyungsoo now; and he couldn't be happier.

---------------------------------------

Next chapter is last!

1) What would you do if more EXO members wanted out?