Disease (Part 2)

The Sweetest Thing Called Love

It was like the entire world froze, but only Taeyeon, Kai, and the nurse were moving. Kai couldn't believe what he was hearing, his grandfather had Alzheimer's Disease and it wasn't pleasant. In just a matter of months he couldn't speak and he forgot who Kai was.

Kai shook his head in disbelief "It can't be true."

The nurse looked down at her clipboard and her eyes widened "I'm so sorry, but we can give him pills to try to slow down the process. He is very young and shouldn't be getting this disease so soon. We will get someone who specializes in this sort of thing to come check out Kyungsoo."

Kai nodded and walked back into the room while Taeyeon conversed with the nurse more. Kyungsoo was staring blankly at the T.V. screen then he looked over at Kai and smiled. Kai faked a smile and fell down on the bed next to him.

Kyungsoo's smile faded "Is something wrong?"

Kai looked at Kyungsoo and he lost it. He buried his head in Kyungsoo's chest and cried. Kyungsoo was shocked but he put his arms around his "boyfriend" to try and comfort him. Kai couldn't fathom the fact that Kyungsoo, the person he loved more than anyone, wouldn't be able to talk and could most likely forget him.

"Kai?"

Kai sniffed and rose his head, he wiped away his tears and looked at Kyungsoo with a smile "Yes, babe."

"What's wrong?"

Kai shook his head "Nothing,. It just hurts me seeing you in the hospital." It was a complete lie; he didn't want to worry Kyungsoo.

Kyungsoo smiled and caressed Kai cheek "You shouldn't have to worry about that. I'll be fine in a couple of days. When the Amenisa wears off then we can go back to being a real couple that does all the romantic stuff." Kai smiled at Kyungsoo's plans for their future, but he knew none of that stuff was ever going to happen. "So will you stop crying, pabo?" Kai nodded and took Kyungsoo's hand into his. He kissed it and gently returned it the latter's side.

Taeyeon walked in and saw the two ever so close. She smiled and sighed. Would she still see that when the inevitable happened? Would she ever see Kyungsoo and Kai married? "Are you two ever not cute?"

Kai turned his head to Taeyeon and smiled sadly. Taeyeon did the same and Kyungsoo caught on quickly. "What is wrong?"

Kai turned to his "boyfriend" and shook his head "Nothing."

"I know that's a lie, Kai. Please tell me."

"Just do it, Kai. I doubt the doctor won't tell him." Taeyeon said.

Kai turned to Taeyeon "It might be a fluke. The nurse could be mixing our Kyungsoo with a different Kyungsoo-"

"Kai."

"Taeyeon-"

"Just tell me!"

Kai turned back at Kyungsoo and sighed "Fine." Kyungsoo smiled and placed his hand on Kai's. Kai eyed his "boyfriend's" hands and said what the nurse told him "You have Alzheimer's Disease." Kyungsoo's smile faded. "There, I told you."

"There are going to be sending a doctor to check on you tomorrow." Taeyeon added.

Kyungsoo didn't react to the sad news. He just nodded his head.

<><><><>

Seulgi sighed and sat at her desk "It seems good to me."

Luhan walked over "Really?" Seulgi nodded. "It's good to go. Put it in Sehun's backpack tomorrow."

-------------------------------------------

Some of you wanted Hunhan, you'll get your wish either today or tomorrow!

1) Would you ever unsubscribe if the story takes a sad turn (Like with Kyungsoo's disease?) or would you continue to read to find out what happens?