Ward

The Sweetest Thing Called Love

"And that guy is the quarterback." Kai explains to Kyungsoo, who had woken up a few minutes ago.

"Is he the best?"

"No. Some quarterbacks really ."

"Like who?"

"I doubt you would know who they are." Kai replies with a smile.

"Most likely."

"How is your head?" Kai asks finally, nervous that it was the wrong time to do so.

"Good, I guess."

"Do you remember anything new?"

Kyungsoo shook his head "Nope."

Kai nodded and looked at his lover with sadness "Are you feeling alright?"

"Yeah."

Suddenly Mr. Choi burst into the room with heavy breaths. Kai rose from his chair and bowed to the doctor "Good morning-"

"I found what made Kyungsoo like this. The anaylsis-it found a new type of Alzheimers. It affects the younger generation, but is pretty rare. The lab has yet to correctly, and efficently, define it and name it, but I know what it is." Kai didn't know whether to be happy or sad, it was like Mr. Choi was talking in a whole other language. Mr. Choi caught Kai's confusion with ease and said it in simpler terms. "He has a new form of Alzheimers, but that only comes with serious, and I mean serious, concussions."

Kai nodded and looked at Kyungsoo. The boy stared at Mr. Choi, he just stared. He couldn't comprehend what the doctor had said. A new form of Alzheimers. Is that even possible?

"But there is good news." Kai eyed Mr. Choi. "If we found a younger type of Alzheimers. Maybe, just maybe, we can find a way to slow down or even stop the process; and that could help us find things out about Alzheimer's Disease."

"Really?"

Mr. Choi nodded "Yes."

"If this is a new form of Alzheimer's, we will need to monitor Kyungsoo 24/7. I already contacted his parents, but they said that only you would make the decision. Are you okay with letting us watch Kyungsoo?"

"As long as I can see him whenever I want and he isn't hurt." Kai answered.

Mr. Choi nodded "Of course, but we will have to move him."

"Where?"

"To the facility where we analyzed the piece of his brain."

"Where is that?"

"About a couple hours from here."

Kai had a million questions, but before he could ask anymore, Mr. Choi's phone went off. The doctor eyed it and excused himself from the room, Kai couldn't make out what he was saying from where he was.

<><><><>

Baekhyun eyed Key "Are you positive?"

Key nodded "I swore I saw Jonghyun enter a hospital, but I was just with him. You don't think-"

"Call him up."

"Right." Key took his phone out of his pocket and dialed Jonghyun's number. When the man on the other end picked up, Key immediately questioned him "Where were you yesterday after we hung out?"

"I went home."

"Then why did I see you at the hospital?!"

"I never went to a hospital, Kibum."

"Then tell me who I saw."

"I don't know, but it wasn't me."

"Prove it."

"How?"

"I don't know! How about I go to the hospital and ask the woman at the desk if you ever signed in."

"Then go do it."

"I will!"

"Fine!"

Key hung up.

Baekhyun eyed Key "Are you going to go down there?"

"You bet I am."

<><><><>

Key walked back into the apartment and slipped off his shoes. Baekhyun looked up from magazine "Well?"

"It was a different Jonghyun."

"I could have told you that." a manly voice added. Jonghyun appeared from the bathroom. "Why would you think I would cheat on you?" Key eyed Jonghyun then looked down. "I'm not stupid enough to ever get on your bad side, honey."

<><><><>

Kai sat down in one of the chairs in a brand new room. It took a couple of minutes, but Kyungsoo was brought in and was settled into the bed across from the latter with the help of some nurse.

Mr. Choi walked in a minute later "Do you like your new room?" Kyungsoo's shrugged his shoulders. "I'm sorry if it is a little different," he eyed the light blue walls and white windows that shown a beautiful courtyard, that some kids in their early teens were playing in similar white outfits. Kyungsoo was wearing the same outfit as them, but his had the design of a brain on the front. "It is a little childish, but everything will be explained soon; and I might say, you are our first patient in years."

"How long will I be here for?"

Mr. Choi shrugged his shoulders "I'm not sure. As long as it takes to figure out what exatcly is going on in that head of yours, then try to find a cure. If we can."

"So this is like some sort of," Kai paused, hoping he was wrong "ward?"

"Sort of. We don't house suicidal, addict patients. We house patients who are experiencing conditions we have never faced before in our time."

Kai nodded and looked at Kyungsoo "You aren't going to probe him or something, right?"

Mr. Choi chuckled "No."

"Good."

-------------------------------------

I heard your feelings and I hope the story will be to your liking now...and if it isn't...bite me.

1) Do you love EXO as a group or just like their music?