Waking up

The Sweetest Thing Called Love

Kai's eyes fluttered open, he suddenly felt the breeze near his . He realized he was in a hospital dress. He rose slowly from the bed and rubbed his crusty eyes.

"Good morning." a deep voice greeted.

Kai turned his head to the voice and sighed-it was Kris. "What are you doing here?" he then remembered what happened. The crash, the glass, the blood, and most importantly, Kyungsoo! "Kyungsoo! Where is Kyungsoo?!" Kris looked down, Kai thought the worse. "No-no-no. He didn't-Kris, did he-I can't even say it." he buried his head in his hands.

"He's in a coma. He isn't dead." Some fear vanished, but when he remembered what a coma actually was-the fear came back.

"What the have I done? This is all my fault! If I didn't become such an and-"

"It isn't your fault, Kai. The guy who hit you was drunk, it's his fault." Kris assured. "It isn't your fault."

"I don't care! If I didn't try to-If I just-it's all my fault."

Kris gave up trying to convince Kai, he just let the young boy say whatever he had to say. Not long after a long silence Kai rose from the hospital bed, almost falling from a sudden dizzy wave, and stumbled towards the door.

"Where are you going?"

"To see Kyungsoo. I need to see him."

Kris sighed and rose from the chair he was in, he turned to his friend and crossed his arms over his chest. "You won't be able to see him, he's currently in surgery."

Kai's eyes widened "S-surgery?" Kris nodded, although Kai couldn't tell, "F-for what?"

"His leg."

"What is wrong with his leg?!" Kai turned to Kris "What is wrong-"

"It's just broken, that's all I know."

Kai turned around and stumbled out of the room. Kris followed after him. Kai balanced himself against the walls and continued towards the secretary down the hall. Kai pushed off the wall and landed right across from the secretary, he leaned against the counter and asked, "Where is Kyungsoo?"

"Excuse me?"

"Where is my Kyungsoo?! Where is Do Kyungsoo?!"

"Calm down, sir."

"Calm down? I don't want to ing calm down! I want Kyungsoo!" Kris grabbed hold of Kai's shoulders and excused his friend's language.  Kai wiggled out of Kris' hold and stumbled down the hallway to the right. "Kyungsoo! Kyungsoo!"

"Kai-"

"Where are you, Kyungsoo?!"

<><><><>

Taeyeon ran a hand through Han Gyu's hair as she watched an episode of Hello Baby. Suddenly the phone rang, waking Han Gyu, Taeyeon reached for the phone and brought it to her ear. She pressed a button with her finger and answered "Hello?"

Taeyeon dropped the phone after hearing the message a doctor gave her. She hung up and rose from the couch with Han Gyu in her arms, she ran to the door, slipped on her shoes, walked out of the apartment, closed the door and locked it. She ran down the hallway to the elevator and called for it. Han Gyu looked at her with a confused look.

"What is wrong, auntie?" he asked.

Taeyeon looked down at Han Gyu and gave him a smile "Nothing, honey. Daddy wants to see you, that's all."

<><><><>

Kai pushed past nurses and doctors to take a look at his teacher. He found the room, thankfully, by checking every plaque on the floor he was on. Kyungsoo was getting a cast applied to his leg and Kai almost lost it.

"You shouldn't be in here, sir. I must ask you-"

"Shut up." Kai interrupted, all he could do is stare at the unconscious Kyungsoo. He started shaking his head frantically. He turned to the nurse he told to be quiet. "He is going to be alright, I'm right right?! Please tell me I'm right!" A doctor grabbed Kai by the wrist, which resulted in Kai pulling out of his grip, and asked the nurse again. "Is he going to be alright?! I'm right that he will be better! Right?!" The nurse couldn't answer the boy. She was just assisting the many doctors in room, she didn't know anything. Kai grabbed hold of the nurse by her shoulders and started to shake her "Why are you just staring at me?! Answer my question!"

Kris walked in and pried the scared boy off the nurse. Kai turned to Kris and got greeted with a hand to the cheek. Kai's eyes widened. He touched his cheek and looked at Kris.

"Calm down, Kai. Kyungsoo isn't going to die, I promise." Kris said to Kai. Kris looked at the nurse and bowed his head "Sorry, I'll walk him back to his room-"

"I'm not leaving Kyungsoo alone!" interrupted Kai.

"We will see him when the doctors aren't around." Kris grabbed Kai by his shoulders and looked into his eyes "Okay?" Kai reluctantly nodded his head. Kris sighed with relief and helped Kai back to his room.

<><><><>

Kai looked at Kris for the tenth time in the last twenty minutes "Can I see him now?"

"Not yet." Kris answered as he flipped through a magazine someone had brought him. Tao sat beside Kris with a worried look on his face. He didn't know Kyungsoo, the name sounded familiar though, as well as Kris or Kai did. Kris looked at his fiance and gave him a smile to ease his worry. Tao smiled back.

"Is this the right room?" someone asked from behind Tao and Kris. Tao turned and he waved over his friend. "Hey. I got here as soon as I could."

"You didn't really miss anything, Baekhyun." Tao whispered to his friend as sat beside Tao. Baekhyun was taking a nap when Tao had called for him to bring some food for him. Baekhyun dressed in a hoodie and sweats and brought over food he bought from a McDonalds just down the road.

"I think this is the right room. Come on, Luhan!" a feminine said from the hallway outside Kai's room.

"That must be my sister and her gay friend." Seulgi entered with a shy Luhan behind her. Luhan had a plastic bag in his hand and he handed it to Kris. "What's this?" Kris asked.

"I brought some of my homemade brownies from home for Kai." Luhan answered.

Kris nodded and set the bag on Kai's bed. Kai eyed Luhan, Baekhyun and Seulgi. "Why are they here?" he asked.

Kris leaned closer to his friend "They are here to make sure you and Kyungsoo are healthy and well. Don't worry." Kai nodded and grabbed Luhan's plastic bag. He took out the brownies and ripped off the lid with little effort. He stuffed one of the fudge-covered brownie into his mouth and chewed.

"Slow down, buddy." Kris said.

Kai didn't listen to him.

<><><><>

Taeyeon ran to the secretary in the lobby, she had Han Gyu in her arms "My brother Do Kyungsoo is here. Can I see him?!"

The secretary shook her head "He isn't out of surgery yet. However, the man who was in the car with him is here as well. Would you like to see him?"

Taeyeon nodded.

"Third floor, room 231."

Taeyeon bowed and ran to the elevator.

<><><><>

Kai took another one of the brownies in his mouth and chewed. Seulgi leaned closer to Luhan and stated the obvious "I think he likes your brownies. You know how to get on his good side."

Kai looked towards the door when he sensed someone staring at him-it was Taeyeon.

"Where is my brother?" she asked.

The entire group of people turned to her. Kris was the one to answer, "I think you have the wrong room-"

"Do Kyungsoo. Which one-" Taeyeon noticed the boy in the bed and stopped asking her question. She set Han Gyu down, who ran to Kai's side, and eyed Kai. "You were in the car with him."

Kris stood in Taeyeon's way "Can I speak with you out in the hall?"

Taeyeon pushed Kris aside and took a step closer to Kai "Did you do anything to make Kyungsoo end up here? Did you?" Kai didn't answer. Han Gyu continued to try to climb up on the hospital bed to reach his friend. "Did you distract him? Did you-did you try to kiss him again?"

Kai's eyes widened.

"Kiss?" half of the room said in unity.

"Did you do anything to-"

"It wasn't his fault, Mrs-"

"I'm Kim Taeyeon, Kyungsoo's step sister, and if it wasn't his fault who is at fault? Is it my Kyungsoo?"

Kris shook his head "The driver who crashed into the two was drunk. He is at fault. I assume Kyungsoo was just driving Kai home."

Taeyeon nodded and took a deep breath "When can I see him?"

"When we get the okay to go in. We are waiting for now, you are welcome to wait here with us." Kris turned to Han Gyu, who was still struggling to climb the hospital bed, and smiled. "And I don't think Han Gyu wants to leave just yet."

Taeyeon nodded and sat on the opposite end of the room, away from the rest of the group.

<><><><>

An hour went by until a nurse entered the room. Taeyeon, Kris, and Kai perked up.

"You can come in now."

Taeyeon ran out of the room, Kai followed after her, and Kris turned to his fiance. "Mind staying here and watching the kid?"

Tao shook his head and eyed Han Gyu, who was fidgeting with the blankets on the hospital bed. Seulgi and Luhan rose and offered to stay as well, Kris thanked them and ran after Kai and Taeyeon. Baekhyun just sat in the corner and watched quietly.

Taeyeon was the first to enter the room, an unconscious Kyungsoo greeted her. His eyes were closed and his breathing was normal. Taeyeon slowly walked towards her brother and smiled. Kai ran into the room and pushed Taeyeon aside, he leaned against the bed and held Kyungsoo's cold hand tight. Kris came in not long after.

Taeyeon watched Kai with a smile, Kris stood beside her. "You think they make a cute couple too?"

Taeyeon nodded "I do."

"It's sad that it's forbidden."

"Yeah, but love is unconditional. If only Kyungsoo knew that."

Kai stared at his teacher and smiled "I missed you, Kyungsoo." he whispered in the boy's ear.

"Be careful, Kai. He might be a little fragile." Kai heard Kris say.

"Fragile? He isn't glass."

"Still."

Kai ignored their little argument and stared at Kyungsoo. He Kyungsoo's cheek and smiled. Kai started to lean closer and closer to Kyungsoo's face. His heart was beating just like it was at Kyungsoo's house the night he kissed him for the first time.

"I love you, Kyungsoo." Kai said before ending the space between the two.

----------------------------------------

Wow...enjoy?

1) Favorite couple in the story?