His Wife - Love Lines

His Wife
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

YONGHWA

His temper was rising.  He stared at Shin Hye. The only thing that relieved his mind was Joohyun’s hand grasping his.

Of all the mad solutions this girl had to come up with – this is probably the maddest!

“Absolutely not.” Yonghwa said in his coldest tone.

“Unnie I can be your friend –“Joohyun said.

“It will only be for a little while- until your engagement sorts itself out.” Shin Hye leaned over and grasped Joohyun’s other hand.

“Think about it please” Min Ho said. “This is the only way Shin Hye and I can see each other.”

“By letting her have another boyfriend? With you on the side? Where’s your pride?” Yonghwa said as he rose from the table pulling Joohyun up.

“Shin Hye – I’m your friend but I’m insulted that you even think that we will agree with what you said. Let’s go Joohyun – we can get another table.” Yonghwa said.

“If I wasn’t with you Oppa – you wouldn’t even be able to take her to this club.  Think about it. Discuss it.  Let me know.” Shin Hye looked at Yonghwa pleadingly.

Yonghwa signalled the floor manager to lead them to another lounge that was far from where Shin Hye was seated.

“Joohyun – I’m so sorry” Yonghwa said as soon as the manager left them. He pulled her closer to him and was relieved when she let him take her into his arms.

He felt her breath on his neck. They stayed that way for a couple of minutes.

“But Oppa you know she’s right.” Joohyun sat up straighter and looked him in the eyes. “If she wasn’t with us – we wouldn’t be together now.  But Yoona unnie’s father is working on talking to my parents about being more lenient with me.  I think it’s working – just be patient.  Kyuhyun is leaving in 2 days.”

“So you want me to be somebody else’s boyfriend?” Yonghwa asked. He meant for the question to sound teasing but it came out like an accusation.

Ah! I’m such a greedy man!

“NO! Stubborn man! Of course not! You’re my boyfriend! Joohyun’s nostrils flared. “I’m still angry with what happened in the restaurant don’t add to it anymore!”

She meant to move away from him but Yonghwa pulled her to a tight embrace.

Whee! She loves me! I’m such a lucky guy!

“Ah – you’re just doing this so you can brag that I love you a lot huh?” Joohyun tried to wiggle out of his embrace. “You’re really only 6 years old!”

For no other reason except that she was in his arms even if she was upset with him – Yonghwa started laughing. He started kissing whatever part of her face and neck that he could reach while she still tried to wiggle out of his embrace.

“Yah! Overt public displays of affection are not allowed in the club!” A male voice said.

The couple looked up in surprise to see Jungshin grinning mischievously at them.

“Jungshin!” Joohyun gasped.  She was clearly embarrassed.

Note to self – kill maknae when we get back to school and not pay for anything he orders tonight!

“Sorry! Didn’t mean to startle you both! Hyung! Don’t murder me with your eyes! It’ a joke!” Jungshin put up his hands in surrender.

“Who’s with you?” Yonghwa asked. He kept his hold on Joohyun and didn’t seem to be the least embarrassed.

“Minhyuk.  Jonghyun is with Yoona and they’ll be here shortly.  Oh, and Joohyun your other unnies will be here – just don’t know who.” Junghisn plopped himself down in the sofa in front of them.

“How did you know I was here?” Joohyun asked.

“Spies. No seriously – Hyung just told us to come here tonight. I didn’t know you’ll be here.  But I am happy you are. At least I have someone to dance with.” Jungshin smiled engagingly at Joohyun.

“Who told you can dance with my girlfriend?”

“Ah, Hyung! It’s boring to just sit around and watch other people dance – you don’t dance, Jonghyun doesn’t dance and I’m bored dancing with Minhyuk!” The maknae exclaimed.

“You said her unnies were coming – so dance with them. No one dances with Joohyun but me.” Yonghwa was trying his best to keep a straight face.

“Ahem – the person being discussed is here.  And yes, I will dance with you Jungshin if only to irritate someone. Let’s go.” She stood up and grabbed Jungshin’s hand.

“Hyung! I was only joking! Don’t kill me!” Jungshin exclaimed as he got dragged by Joohyun to the dance floor.

Yonghwa was smiling as he watched Joohyun and Jungshin make their way to the dance floor. He saw them meet up with Minhyuk and they also dragged him to the dance floor. He was happily watching them when Shin Hye blocked his vision and sat down next to him.  Yonghwa immediately got up and transferred to the opposite sofa.

I so don’t want another misunderstanding with Joohyun!

“What do you want Shin Hye? What part of – I don’t want to be your pseudo-boyfriend did you not understand?”

“Oppa – you insulted my boyfriend when you left us awhile back.  It took me long time to convince him that this was a good solution.”

“Shin Hye – anyway I look at your solution – it only benefits you. I would have gone along if it was just me – but I have Joohyun now and I won’t have you use her. If you still want to continue to call me Oppa – you will stop this.  We can still be friends, you and Joohyun can become friends but forget about your suggestion. Arasso? I won’t stand for it!”

“Mianhe if I offended you and Joohyun with my suggestion.  You can see I’m desperate don’t you?”

“I know you are – but using people is not right Shin Hye. Especially not someone I love.”

Shin Hye sighed deeply and standing up wordlessly left him.

He turned his attention back to the dance floor.  It seems that Joohyun was already tired so she tapped the shoulders of the 2 dancing maknaes and signalled that she was going back to Yonghwa.  As she stepped out of the dance floor 2 guys came up to her.

Now what?

Yonghwa watched as her face lighted up into a smile as she greeted the two guys.   She tapped the taller guy on the shoulder then she pointed towards the direction of their booth and the two guys made to follow her.

“Oppa!” She called out to him. “Meet my two school mates from New York.”

Yonghwa stood up and was glad when Joohyun grasped his hand.  He couldn’t help but notice that one of the two guys seemed familiar.

“Aren’t you studying in SKKU Suwon?” Yonghwa looked at N.

I had a fit of jealousy over you!

“I met you before – when I saw Seo – near your house.  My name’s N” The shorter guy said.

“My name is Kris” The taller guy held out his hand.

“Have a seat” Yonghwa said as he sat down next to Joohyun.

“We’re so surprised to see Seo.  We’ve gone clubbing plenty of times but it’s the first time we see her. So will we be seeing you often? Let us know so we can be in the same club!” N said.

“She only goes clubbing with me.” Yonghwa said.

“You’re also in Engineering right? Minhyuk’s my classmate. Kris is in Dongguk University.  We try to meet up every weekend.”

“Seobaby – did you tell him what a terror you were when we were in high school?” Kris asked.

I don’t think kindly of you calling my girlfriend baby.

Joohyun laughed. “No, I haven’t told them any horrific stories yet.  He might run away.”

“Don’t get offended Sunbae! We call her Seobaby for a reason.” N laughed. “Should I tell him? “

Yonghwa looked at Joohyun and squeezed her hand.

“Tell me Seobaby. What horrible things have you done that you haven’t told me about?” Yonghwa asked her.

 

JOOHYUN

I’ll kill these morons! But why does Seobaby sound y when Oppa says it and totally unflattering when N says it?

“I was one of the youngest when I started high school and I was the only Asian in my year.  There were 3 other girls but they were older. There were 10 Asian guys.  I was a total nerd and I didn’t mind everyone – I went straight to piano practice after school the home.”

“She got bullied a lot” Kris said. “But she didn’t tell anyone.”

“She did – she told Max.” Kris said.

Joohyun felt her face go red.  She felt Yonghwa sit up straighter and hold her hand tighter.

Trust to these morons to go and mention my one and only high school crush in front of my first boyfriend! Ugh! Why did I have to see them!

“Who’s Max?” Yonghwa asked. He was looking at her but Joohyun didn’t want to look at him.

“Max Changmin is her knight in shining armor. High school fencing champion. New York fencing club. 3 years our senior. All the girls had a crush on him.” N piped in.

 “And Max Changmin is where now?” Yonghwa probed.

“He’s here in Korea. I believe he’s in Seoul University taking medicine.” Kris answered.

They’re getting me into trouble!

“Why don’t you go and dance? Those girls have been looking you over. Go on. Bye!” Joohyun said to Kris and N.

Since they finally noticed that they had gotten Joohyun into trouble the 2 guys bid the couple a hurried goodbye.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter