HIS WIFE - THE DECISION

His Wife
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

HIS WIFE – THE DECISION

It was Saturday morning and Joohyun woke up to a pounding headache.  Clutching her pillow she fought off the queasiness by sheer willpower.

No please. Not a migraine attack.

Joohyun knew that if she continues skipping her meals she was just asking for a migraine attack.  

“Joohyun wake up!” Her mother entered the room. 

“I have a headache.” Joohyun replied under the covers. She pushes the bracelet up her arm because she knew any second her mother would throw back the covers and lie down on her bed.

“Hyun-ah, come down stairs breakfast is ready.” Her mother kisses her cheek.

“I’ll be there in a while I’ll just change” Joohyun said.

“Aigoo you’re sleeping with that hoodie again. It’s so big on you.” Her mother pulled at the hoodie’s sleeve.

Joohyun hastily stood up and resolutely ignoring the sharp pain that went shooting thru her head.

I really need to eat.

“Alright I’ll see you downstairs.” Her mother said as she fixes Joohyun’s bed.

Twenty minutes later Joohyun sits down to eat breakfast with her parents.  It was the usual routine for them.  Joohyun was used to not seeing her parents during the week so her parents made it a point to be able to sit down and have a meal together with her at least once or twice during the weekend.

“Your Appa and I are attending a charity luncheon at Banyan Tree.  Do you want to come with us?” Her mother asks.

“No thanks Omma. I’ll just rest here today.” Joohyun stammers.  Her heart started pounding when she heard Banyan Tree.

“It’s chaired by Madame Moon.  They own the exclusive franchise to most of the luxury cars in Korea.” Her father said. “It’s a charitable luncheon and they’ll be giving away 1 Mercedes Benz to the lucky winner.”

‘Isn’t that CNB Holdings? Madame Moon?” Her mother asked.

“No, they’re only part of CNB.  I believe she’s sister-in-law to them.” Her father clarified.

Joohyun found it hard to keep down her food. They were talking about Oppa’s aunt – Ga Young’s mother. She felt saddened that she couldn’t tell her parents about Oppa just yet.

‘You look pale, daughter.” Her father eyes her.

“Just a headache Appa. I’m going back to bed.”

“Ah- it’s vacation time for you right?” Her mother asks.

“Only a week Omma. If you’ll excuse me I’ll just take a glass of water up, take my medicine and lie down.”

“Are you sure you don’t want to go? You haven’t been to Banyan Tree yet– I hear it’s lovely and they serve a good brunch on Sundays.  Maybe we can go there one Sunday – Attorney Cho’s a member –when Kyuhyun comes back we can go.” Her father said.

Joohyun just looks at her father and doesn’t say a word.

I’ve been there Appa. I was with the person I love the most.  The person I want you to meet. Oh and by the way, his family owns the Banyan tree franchise.

She went up the stairs with a heavy heart. She takes her pill and tries to get some sleep.

But she still couldn’t sleep – her mind kept going back to what Oppa’s mother told her.  How different Oppa really was. Even as his girlfriend her life would change. She would be the subject of curiosity and speculation. She knew that a lot of people would think that she was only going out with Oppa because of his status.  She couldn’t very well explain to everyone and she knew that there were a lot of cruel and vicious people who wouldn’t even think twice in saying things about her. 

Am I brave enough? Can I close my ears and hold my peace? Am I willing to lose my privacy?

In the end it all came down to her and not with Oppa. He couldn’t help being himself – not his fault that he was chaebol heir.

Finally, her medicine was working – she was getting drowsy.

Oppa…I miss you.  We would have gone to the museum this afternoon…watched a movie and eaten in our favorite noodle soup place.

A tear rolled down her cheek before she finally succumbs to sleep.

Hours later she wakes up to her mother shaking her.

“Its 4 pm already Hyun-ah! You slept the day away! Your friends have been calling you. Yoona’s called about 6 times already. Tiffany also and Hyoyeon.  Did you have somewhere to go today? I told them you had a migraine and were sleeping. But I promised Yoona that you’ll call her up as soon as you wake up.”

“I’m feeling better now. I’ll call them Omma.” Joohyun reached for her mobile.  “How was your charity luncheon?”

“It was fine.  We didn’t win the car but the food was good and your father and I were introduced to Madame Moon and her daughter Ga Young. Such a lovely young lady. The CNB Holdings heir was supposed to draw the raffle but he couldn’t make it so another young man came – I forgot his name but he’s studying to become a doctor.”

“Huh? Heir?” Joohyun pretended not to understand. Oppa was supposed to attend a function first before meeting up at the museum for their date.  That function turned out to be the charity luncheon her parents attended.

What happened to Oppa?

“Okay – I’ll check on dinner first.  Be sure to call Yoona.” Her mother smiles at her and leaves the room.

Scrambling

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter