HIS WIFE - Events that lead to Forever

His Wife
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“You haven’t changed the first part – I don’t like it.” He puts down the first page and frowns at her. Joohyun just smiles and kisses his nose.

“I knew you would say that. Would you hear my reason?” Joohyun’s hand caresses his cheek.

“Joohyun – understand this I will not divorce you. So what you’ve written here is nonsense.” He continues to frown. “You’re trying to please people again.”

“There’s nothing wrong with it. I will not get a single won if we divorce – no matter who initiates the divorce first.” Joohyun kisses his cheek. “That’s not unreasonable.”

“What? So that people wouldn’t think you married me for my money that’s why that’s here? I thought we were past that.” He was speaking in a clipped tone – he was getting mad at her again.

“Oppa – please just leave it there. Please go to next part.” She coaxes him.

“The allowance is too low.” He said after he’s read the 2nd part.  “I think it’s enough – I don’t even want an allowance.” She murmurs.

“Add 2 zeroes.” He takes the pen and hands it to her. “I’m insulting my father if I don’t give you an allowance. You want him to get mad at me?”

“But for a year it’s enough.” She adds 2 zeroes.

“What? I thought it was per month?” he snatches the paper and reads it again. “No – this amount is either given per month or a lump sum for a whole year. Those are your only choices.” His tone was final.

“I hate talking about money.” She mumbles.

“I didn’t want this - you want this.” He reminds her. “And I won’t sign it if what’s in it is not acceptable to me.”

“Arrasso. Monthly it is then.” She sighs. “Next part.”

“Oh, good you added this.  Yes – a trust fund for our child. Of course – it’s levied on the day the baby is born and placed in trust until the child is 21.  Put there 5.” He instructs her.

She writes down the figure.” Aigoo- zeroes – you’re missing zeroes again!” His tongue clucked in annoyance. He mumbles to himself and nods. “That’s a good start – by the time our child is 21 it’ll be sufficient.  This allows for stocks and dividend earnings right? You should make that condition. Both my trust funds are like that.” He nods.

Based on the information that Joohyun got yesterday she wasn’t really surprised. Yonghwa was a millionaire by the time he was 15, a multi-millionaire when he turned 21 and he would be a mega millionaire before he hits 30.  By the time he inherits CNB Holdings from his father Yonghwa’s net worth as an individual was something that Joohyun’s mind didn’t want to calculate.

“Earth to Joohyun.” Yonghwa snaps his hands at her. “Sweetheart were you listening?  I said it’s per child. Arasso? “

“Deh.” Joohyun writes it down. “Per child it is.” She sighs.

“Ah – you should write there that the trust funds are subject to further rules and regulations. Our Legal counsel can do that for us.” She obediently writes it down and was rewarded with a happy smile from Yonghwa.

“Ah – this one – can we just not have it?  Why do you insist on this?” His eyebrows were furrowed again.

“I’d like to finish university and masters by myself Oppa.  I do have inheritance from my grandparents’.” She reasons.

“Alright but let my finance officer manage your money.  It’s just sitting in the bank and that’s a waste.” Joohyun nods in agreement. 

“Oppa can we go back to the first page?” Joohyun turns the notes back.

“I really don’t like this.” He was mouth was set in a stubborn line that she knew so well. “In divorce all properties after the marriage are divided between spouses.  You not getting a single won from the marriage works against you.  Your parents especially your father will not agree to that. He’ll think I wanted this!”

“Oppa – my parents know me well.  They’ll know I was the one who wanted this. All properties revert to you if that happens – that’s the way I want it.  Could you give in Oppa? I am fine with all the money you’ll be giving me during the marriage – it’s only fitting that I don’t get any if we dissolve the marriage.”

“No” He crosses his arms and frowns at her. “You’re being very unreasonable Seo Joohyun.”

“Oppa – you’re being unreasonable!” She frowns right back.

“Joohyun-ah – I am agreeing to all of this because these are the conditions you’ve set your mind to but I really don’t want to discuss divorce with you when I don’t even know if you want to marry me or not!” He said in an exasperated tone.

“Oppa! What did you think I was doing this for? Of course I want to marry you!” She holds up her hands in agitation.

“When?” he asks.

“After you finish graduate school.  The baby and I will stay with you of course but I don’t want to tie –“she reasoned.

“You don’t want to tie me down or you don’t want me and the baby to tie you down?” His tone was accusing.

“Jung Yonghwa Oppa what an awful thing to say!” her eyes well up. “I just want you to finish your studies comfortably the baby and I will be here for you. I just don’t want you to marry me because of our baby.” She was in a full blown sobbing mode by then.

“I’m marrying you because I love you and our baby. I didn’t plan it to be this early but I was going to anyway.  What’s wrong with that? Why? You won’t have me because of our baby?”

“Ah Jung Yonghwa Oppa you’re breaking my heart!” she exclaims her tears falling fast.

“And you’re breaking mine!” He answers right back his tears fall as well.

They face each other – their tears falling.

“Stop crying – it’s bad for our baby.” He reaches out and wipes her tears. She lets him while watching tears still falling from his eyes.

“We’re a couple of pabos aren’t we Oppa?” Joohyun catches his hand and kisses his palm.

He nods his head – she wipes his tears with her thumbs.

“What are we going to do Oppa?” Joohyun reaches out and Yonghwa takes her in his arms pulling her onto his lap.

“Please – let’s get married Joohyun-ah no matter what anyone says – in the end it has to be the two of us.  That our baby came too early – I take it as a blessing for us to be together.  I would have asked you to marry me as soon as you graduated from university - just think of it as starting early. Please Joohyun-ah – please sweetheart marry me.  That I’m marrying you because of our baby is true I’m not denying that. But Joohyun-ah I really really love you.  It hurts me that you need a piece of paper with conditions to marry me. Is it that horrible for you? My money? I wish I could give it all up but I can’t – it would hurt my parents and I’d be depriving our child of his birthright.” He was sobbing really hard and she had to make soothing noises to calm him.

“Arrasso – arrasso. Stop it now Oppa.” Joohyun dries his face again with her thumbs.

They stay locked in an intense embrace until his sobs quiet down.

“Alright – alright.  We’ll get married – now.” She whispers in his ear.

“You’re not saying that just to make me feel better are you?” He looks at her.

“Jung Yonghwa Oppa – you’re impossible.” Joohyun scowls.

“But you love me right?” His smile was sweet and he pinches her cheeks. “You’re marrying me right?”

“Ow! I said alright didn’t I?” She pulls his hands away from her cheeks. “You drive a hard bargain Oppa!”

“Crying has its uses!” He laughs and embraces her tightly.

“Yah! I changed my mind!” She exclaims.

“You can’t – you already agreed and I know you never back down on what you say.” He rocks her.

“But seriously Oppa – can you just let me finish school on my money? “ She asks.

“Alright – but I stand firm on the allowance.” He looks at her with serious eyes. “And my finance officer looking after your money. And the trust funds.”

“Of course it’s for our child.” She nods.

“Children. Plural. I intend to have more than 1 child.” He holds out 5 fingers.

“Ah – you intend on giving birth then?” She narrows her eyes at him but is unable to keep a straight face.

“And no more discussion of divorce.” He holds a finger against her lips when she made to answer. “No I won’t discuss that with you. It’s not going to happen. Period.”

Joohyun sighs – it was like fighting a wall.  Yonghwa could be really stubborn when he wanted to and she was too tired to fight him anymore.

“So I take it that we won’t be having any pre-nuptial agreement anymore.” She leans agianst him.

“If it’s about divorce no – I won’t sign on the term you want.” He shakes his head. “I’ll sign on you finishing school on your own money and you’ll sign on the allowance. We both agree on the trust funds – so it doesn’t even need to be in the pre nuptial – we set it up before the baby’s born. Honestly Joohyun – we don’t need a pre-nup. I know you’re not after my money – my family knows – your family knows – our friends know. But if you want a pre-nup then we’ll have one only because I love you.” He looks at her and Joohyun could not honestly refute his logic.

“So why are we up this late if you’ll just have it your way? “ Joohyun lies down on the bed taking Yonghwa with her. He takes her in his arms and nuzzles her neck.

“Because we need to discuss issues – we need to discuss our future.” His voice was muffled against her hair.

“The future according to Jung Yonghwa.” She replies and he just nods his head. “Can we sleep now on our own bed?”

“Alright. Kaja!” He swings his legs and sits up. “Am I carrying you or can you walk?”

“Carry – because it’s 4 am and I’m spoiled.” She holds her arms up.  “Oppa how can you go to school? You haven’t slept.” She gathers the notes in her hand as he sweeps her up.

“Class starts at 11 so I can sleep until 8 and I’ll sleep on the way.” He opens the door to their room and lays her down gently on the bed.

“Okay” She yawns and cuddles against him. “We’re funny aren’t we Oppa?”

“Extremely hilarious.” He yawns as well and they both settle down to sleep for a few hours.

When Min Sun comes in at 6 am she sighs with relief when she sees that they were both in their room.  Joohyun’s Omma comes in at around 7 and Min Sun doesn’t even mention that the couple had spent the night alone in the suite.

“Children still sleeping?” She asks Min Sun who nods confirmation. “Ah- doesn’t Yong have school?”

“It’s at 11 if I’m not mistaken.  I’ll wake him at 8 for breakfast.  Yonguk will be here in an hour’s time.” Min Sun set the breakfast for Joohyun’s Omma and herself.

They were about finished with their meal when Yonghwa steps out of the room. His hair was disheveled and he gave a huge yawn eliciting laughter from the 2 women.

“Somebody’s still sleepy.” Min Sun remarks as Yonghwa takes the seat next to hers. He nods and still has his eyes closed when she puts a bowl of abalone porridge in front of him.

‘Ah – it would be embarrassing if Joohyun’s Omma sees me feeding you. The last time I did it you were about 8.” Min Sun gives her ward a slight shake. His eyes open a bit and he starts to spoon the porridge into his mouth.  He finishes in record time and stands up mumbling that he needs to take a shower.

“Do that – and maybe you’ll be feeling better” Mrs. Seo lightly taps his arm.  He gives a grunt as a form of response.

 When he comes out of the 2nd bedroom he did seem better. “Yoo Moh don’t wake up Joohyun.  She was hungry at 2 am and so was I.” He covers his face and yawns in his hands.

“Are you okay now? Have you made up?” Joohyun’s Omma asks.

“Um-deh.” He smiles at her. Yonguk arrives and they head out for Suwon.  Yonghwa tells them that he will be back at around 3 and that he wanted samgyupsal for dinner.

“Aigoo this boy – that wasn’t what I brought for dinner. Now I have to go to the supermarket.” Min Sun remarks.

“That’ alright Min Sun-ssi.” Mrs.Seo dials her phone. “Ah Yeobo – please buy pork belly for samgyupsal on your way here. No – it’s not for Hyunnie.  For Yonghwa.  No, there’s a griller here you don’t need to pass by the house.”

“I’m glad your law firm has allowed you to have a vacation this long.” Min Sun says as she clears the table.

“Oh, I haven’t had a proper vacation since we started in the law firm.  Atty. Cho understands besides – Joohyun’s Appa is there. I plan to go back as soon as Joohyun’s discharged.”

“Omma! You’re here!” Joohyun comes out of the room. “Good morning Madame!” She greets Min Sun.

“Come sit down and eat your breakfast. Yonghwa already left with Yonguk.  He’ll be back at 3.” Min Sun takes the younger woman’s hand and leads her to the dining table. “We hear that you got hungry at 2 am – you and Yongie.”

Joohyun nods and yawns. “I’m so sleepy.” She perks up when steamed gogumas were placed in front of her together with the chicken porridge.

“You’re eating so well Hyunnie – pretty soon you can go home.” Her Omma says.

It was on the tip of her tongue to say that she wanted to stay with Yonghwa but she just nodded at her mother. 

“You have another check up this coming week – how far along are you?” Min Sun asks.

“8 weeks.” Joohyun says as she puts another piece of goguma in .

“You’re stomach is still so flat.  People won’t even notice.” Min Sun observes.

“We’ve been here for so long – the medical bill must be huge.” Joohyun’s Omma comments.  “We must discuss the payment with Yong’s parents.” 

“Well I don’t think Dr. Kwon will charge Joohyun.  Maybe only for the IVs and vitamins plus the scan.  Dr. Ha may bill separately but as for the suite and the amenities – there is no payment as this wing belongs to the Jung family.” Min Sun explains. “Joohyun will come back here to give birth.”

Joohyun was just silent listening to their exchange. She found the suite comforting and would have liked to stay there indefinitely but she knew it was hard for Oppa to go to Suwon everyday not that he complained but Joohyun knew he studied in the car so that when he got home he could devote his time to her.  When he had exams last week Joohyun sat beside him in the dining table reading a magazine. She knew at that time her parents observed Yonghwa constantly and she was glad that so far he had always bee

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter