THE INTERVIEW - SHIN HYE

His Wife
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

THE INTERVIEW –SHIN HYE

Shin Hye opens the door to suite. She saw Yonghwa’s mother and another younger woman seated and having tea.

“Ah – there you are Shin Hye.  We started tea without you because I was hungry.” Yonghwa’s mother motioned her to come to the room.

“This is Eunji – you’ve spoken to her on the phone yes?”

“Annyeong hasayo” Shin Hye’s gives a slight bow to Eunji who inclines her head slightly.

“Shin Hye-ah, have some tea.” Yonhwa’s mother pours tea into a beautiful Dresden cup.  It was her own tea service that she always used when she had tea – anywhere including hotel suites.

Shinhye felt very thirsty all of a sudden.  She knew why Samonim called for her.

“Samonim –“Shin Hye said as she carefully put down the cup. “I know why you called me here.”

“Hmm…you do? That’s good. I always knew you were an intelligent girl.”

“It’s just that I thought that having that article would make Yonghwa Oppa realize that we should be together.”

“Tsk –tsk…Shin Hye-ah. You forget you’re talking to his mother. I only had you contact Eunji so that you could post pictures of your birthday. Not an article. You put us in a spot. The article came out in a newspaper that CNB Holdings owns. I don’t want my son’s relationship with anyone announced in a lifestyle section much less speculated on.”

“I think it had an opposite effect on Yonghwa don’t you think? How is your relationship going these days?” Samonim continued.

“I – I haven’t seen Yonghwa Oppa lately.  Its exam week.” Shin Hye said. 

“No – not Yonghwa. Your other relationship.” Samonim took a sip of her tea and put the cup down ever so gracefully before looking at her.

“Yeh-“Shin Hye almost choked on her tea.  She put the cup down shakily.

“Ah-my dear – you really don’t think I wouldn’t know? I also know that you’re in the middle of a war with my son and you’re losing. That is - the casualty is your actor boyfriend – he’s lost quite a bit of work.”

Shin Hye’s face went pale.

“Listen to me carefully Shin Hye.  I am giving you one last chance.  I believe you and my son are suited but I am not impressed with the way you are handling things. I haven’t withdrawn my support for you yet.”

“You are still the best candidate for my son. You are beautiful, you are intelligent, you are knowledgeable about the business and you would be an asset to us in every way.”

“You will stop this war with my son right now.  You will end this relationship with that actor and concentrate on becoming my son’s fiancé.  My son is not the type of person who will spoil you like your father.  IF you really want to become the daughter in law of CNB Holdings – you will listen to what I am saying right now.”

“Samonim – Yonghwa Oppa has a girlfriend.” Shin Hye said.

“Ara – the girl you dragged into that blind item with your actor boyfriend.  Not your best move. Leave now. Eunji will show you out.” Samonim stood up and went to the window.

Shin Hye silently gathered her bag and coat and followed Eunji to the door.

“Oh and Shin Hye - don’t ever wage war on any of my family again – if you do there will be no more business deals with CNB Holdings neither will you be invited in any of the social events that are chaired by myself or my 2 sisters in law. I really don’t want to talk to your father about this.”

Shin Hye bowed her head and silently left the room.

As she was walking away Shin Hye could not prevent the tears from falling down her face. She quickly looked for a powder room and splashed water on her face.

“Pull yourself together girl – you haven’t lost yet.” Shin Hye calmed herself.

Quickly calling her driver Shin Hye set out for Min Ho’s house.

While in the car she couldn’t help but remember how all this came about.

The first time she ever met Min Ho was when he was with Min Young.  They were on vacation in Switzerland and she was buying chocolates when she heard two people arguing in Korean.

Curious she looked over and saw them.

She fell in love with him right there.  He was arguing with this tiny but lovely girl on where they would stay the night.

She approached them and offered to help.  They were happy that she was Korean and for the rest of the day Shin Hye stayed with them.  She let them stay in her chalet for the 3 days that they were there.  By that time they were all good friends.  Shin Hye was very careful not to let her feelings for Min Ho show.  Looking back Shin Hye felt a pang of regret because Min Young was such a good friend even then.  They met up again in London then in Paris. Shin Hye promised to see them when she came back to Korea for a school break.

Her father wanted her to set her sights on Jung Yonghwa.  She felt intimidated by him even when he got along famously with her best friend Dara.  She was introduced to Yonghwa several times but she knew that for him she was just another face in the social crowd.

She was thrilled when Min Ho started paying attention to her she wasted no time reciprocating.  Dara was mad at her for doing this and was very vocal about it so much so that one of her tirades was heard by Min Young. She can never forget the look in Min Young’s face when she confronted Min Ho and her about it.

Min Young was one of the best friends Shin Hye ever had.  She was warm and caring. It was just that Shin Hye wanted Min Ho more.

She could still hear Dara’s voice – of course you want him because you always want what you can’t have – you’re a spoiled little girl.  It had damaged their friendship because a few months after that Dara followed her boyfriend to London. But she and Dara were still friends.

Shin Hye and Min Ho have been together now for 1 year.  But her father kept pestering her to get Yon

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter