HIS WIFE - ROYAL RUMBLE (YONG SUN)

His Wife
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Can you repeat that please?!” Joohyun stands up. Yoona, Jisoo and Taemin look at her.

“I’ll be there.”

“Yah Maknae what’s up?” Yoona asks. “You’re pale.”

“Unnie – I have to go to the school – Yong Sun - “

Just then her phone rings again.

“Jae! Yes I got a call from the principal I’ll be going to the school. Sunah called you? No, I’ll not call Appa. Yet. But that doesn’t mean I won’t call him. I’m on my way out.”

“Samonim!” Taemin calls out. “Your bag!”

“Oh, sorry – I have to go Sunah got into a fight in school.” Joohyun stammers. “I have to go and take him to the hospital.”

“What?” The 3 chorus.

But Joohyun was already running out of the office. When she reaches the lobby the SUV was already waiting for her.

“Yongguk - to Sun-ah’s school please hurry.” Joohyun tells her Head Guard.

“Samonim – Guard Soo called. He is in the infirmary with 2nd Doryeongnim right now.”

“Is Sunah alright?”

“He has a head wound Samonim, it’s bandaged and the young one needs to be x-rayed. I was just on my way to get you when you came down.”

“Ah –this boy – his Appa is going to – I can’t believe it – Sunah is not that type of boy.” Joohyun wrung her hands.

The principal’s words echoed in Joohyuyn’s mind. A group of 10 to 12 year olds had gotten into a fight. Someone used a stick to hit her son on the head. His eye was swollen shut and he had a nasty cut on his forehead.

“He’s only 10 – Jae never – “Joohyun takes a deep breath. She mustn’t compare her sons that was something Yonghwa always reminded her about. Their boys were so different from each other.

Her mobile rings again.

“Oh, Aeyah – you’re with Sunah? How is he?” Joohyun asks her daughter. “We’re almost there Yongguk is trying to beat every traffic light possible. Aeyah can you tell me what happened? The principal said it a group of boys and that Sunah was one of those who started it.”

Joohyun listens to her daughter.

“Arasso. I will not call Appa for now. I will hear Sunah’s side of the story first. You, your cousin and the twins need to go back to your classrooms.”

“Samonnim, Hwejangnim is arriving in 2 hours. Are we still meeting him in the airport?” Yongguk asks.

“It depends on how Sunah is – we will need to take him to the hospital. His Appa is going to be so – “ Joohyun stops and bites her lip.

Last year when things had been difficult in their marriage, her 2 younger children were very much affected by the couple’s constant separation. While Jae tried his best to talk and manage his 2 siblings he could not completely shield them from the rumors that floated around about the state of their parents’ marriage and alleged affairs. Jae wrote each parent a long emotional letter that reduced both his parents to tears when they read it.

Then they had a family meeting – Joohyun took the children to Shanghai to talk to Yonghwa. Although they had personal difficulties with the separation Yonghwa and Joohyun both agreed that their children’s peace of mind came first. They explained everything to their children and assured them that their family was solid.

Ever since the New Year started, it’s been good so far for them – she and Oppa were almost back to where they were. He seldom left without her or she would go to him and vice versa. Today he had a meeting on Jeju Island and Joohyun would fetch him from the airport – they were going to have dinner out tonight, just the 2 of them. Something that they were both looking forward to but it would seem that nothing was going to go right today.

“Samonim – your phone is ringing.” Guard Kim looks at their mistress.

“Ah deh.” Joohyun nods and opens her phone.

“Ddal! What did the young one do this time?” Her father in law’s voice came thru the line.

“Abeonim – calm down it’s bad for you to be like this.” Joohyun sits up. “Did someone call you?”

“One of the school board members. His grandson was also there. He’s saying Yong Sun was one of the leaders. He called it a Royal Rumble.”

“What? Royal Rumble?”

“Yes, all the boys involved came from 3rd generation chaebol and up. Does his father know?”

“Abeonim – please let me get all the facts before anyone calls my husband.” Joohyun replies. “Let me talk to Sunah first.”

“We are here Samonim.” Yongguk announces.

“I’ll call you again Abeonim.” Joohyun closes the phone.

She was met by Sun’s other guard who guided her to the infirmary.

“Sunah!” Joohyun sees her youngest as pale as the white sheet and a bandage on his forehead. His Soo Ahjussi held the young boy’s hand. He’d been with Sun since they came back from New York.

“Ah, Yong Sun’s Omma.” The school doctor approaches Joohyun. “He’s alright for now. I want him x-rayed so we can be sure that he has no concussion. He has a lot of cuts and bruises, a wound on his forehead and a nasty bump at the back of his head – so he’ll be sore for several days.”

Then Joohyun looks around – all the other beds had boys with bandages on their hands, arms or knees. Only her son had a bandage on his forehead.

“We’re still looking for the boy who used the bat on your son. It was found just off the playing field.”

Their conversation was interrupted by the arrival of other mothers.

“Samonim! I can’t believe your son started all this! “One of the mothers approaches Joohyun.

“Being 5th generation chaebol does not excuse your son for what he did!”

“Just because you’re richer than us doesn’t mean you can treat my son this way!”

“We’ll sue!”

“Mothers please!” The principal enters the infirmary. “Shouting at each other will not make the students any better nor will it solve the problem. I’ve assigned 2 home room teachers to get to the cause of this.”

“Oh and of course you’ll clear the Jung 2nd son – after all his family donated the gymnasium and all the new sports equipment!”

“Yoo Woon Omma! That’s uncalled for! Yong Sun’s Appa was my pupil in elementary school. But then so was Yoo Woon’s Appa! I won’t have any parent question my integrity on this!” The principal’s voice rose. “If you will all just calm down let’s meet tomorrow to hear what the teachers have found out. Now you can all take your children home. Yong Sun Omma – the doctor said you should bring him to the hospital for x-ray.”

Joohyun nods and motions Sun’s head guard to carry her son. Aeyah’s guards and Sun’s guards were all lined up waiting for them.

Joohyun gave instructions for Yong Sun’s guards to follow them to the hospital. She told Guard Park to take Aeyah straight to her tutor’s house then home. She was not to go anywhere with her friends for that day.

All the while Joohyun was aware of the stares and whispers. There were 3 SUVs and 6 bodyguards in the parking lot. They did take up space and attracted attention. But for once Joohyun did not care about what the on lookers thought. Her little boy was hurt and if it meant almost taking up the entire visitors’ parking lot then so be it. She really was not in the mood to be polite right now.

“Let’s go Yongguk.” She tells her Head Guard as she cradles her son’s head on her lap.

“Omma…” Sun whispers.

“Hush….close your eyes. Rest we can talk later.” Joohyun leans to whisper in his ear.

“Mian….”

Joohyun just kisses the hand that held hers so tightly. She opens her phone and calls BoAh.

“What happened?” Yunho was waiting for them with a gurney in the Emergency room entrance. “BoAh told me that Sunah was hurt in a fight.”

“Deh Oppa.” Joohyun blinks her eyes.

“Sunah, Jung Yong Sun. Open your eyes, its Samchon.” Yunho taps his young nephew’s cheek.

Sun opens his eyes and blinks.

“Samchon…” Sunah whispers.

“Come let’s have the resident examine you.” Yunho puts a neck brace on his nephew and leads the way.

“Sunbae.” A male resident bows to Yunho. “I will do the examination.”

Yunho and Joohyun stay outside while the resident examines Yong Sun.

“Unnie!”

Joohyun turns to see IU waving at her. The 2 embrace and IU bows to Yunho. After a while BoAh arrives still wearing her scrubs.

The resident was clearly taken aback when he looks at his audience. Dr. Jung Yunho was the leading cardio thoracic surgeon in their hospital, Dr. Kwon BoAh was the chief of OB GYN while Dr. Lee Ji Eun was an OB-GYN specialist.

“How is my son?” Joohyun asks.

“He has a lot of scratches and bruises. Plus he has a large bruise on his side – he was kicked pretty hard. He has a black eye and the wound on his forehead…well, it looks like when he was hit with a bat or stick it was in an awkward angle. The person who did it most probably swung the bat randomly and your son got hit with it as he wasn’t able to move away from it in time. We’ll take him in for an x-ray after we stitch up the head wound I believe that after he was hit he fell on the ground forehead first and that made the wound deeper. Don’t worry Madame it’s won’t scar. ”

They all thanked the resident and watched as Sun was taken to the x-ray room. One of his guards follow.

“Does Yongie know?” Yunho asks.

“Not yet.”

“Where is he right now? Overseas?”

“In Jeju – he had a meeting there – you know golfing while meeting.”

“Chinese?”

“No Japanese – joint venture in electronics.”

“Wait let’s not talk business! Are you calling Yong now? “BoAh asks.

“I wanted to talk to Sunah first before I tell Oppa.” Joohyun replies.

“Well, I don’t think you’ll get the story from him any time soon.” IU looks at Joohyun.

“What was the fight about?” BoAh asks.

“Abeonim called me up on my way to the school and he said something about a Royal Rumble. One of the School Board Director’s grandson was also involved.”

“What? Royal Rumble?” Yunho asks.

“Yes Oppa – would you know something about it? Abeonim said –“

“Only 3rd generation chaebol and up.” Yunho tells them.

“That’s what Abeonim said!”Joohyun exclaims. “How did you know?”

“Because Yong and I have been to several of those.”

“Oppa!” Joohyun exclaims.

“Yeobo!” BoAh looks at her husband. “Yoon Min’s Appa – explain!”

“It’s a ranking thing and not always about the same issue. If you need to talk to Yong about this I can talk to him as well.” Yun Ho tells them. “In the meantime stop shooting daggers at me Dr. Kwon. We need to hear Sunah’s explanation.”

Just then the resident comes back and tells them because of the bump behind his head, Sun had a slight concussion and recommended that he stay at the hospital overnight. They needed to observe him for dizziness and vomiting.

“Sunbae, it seems like the patient was also kicked at the back of the head when he was on the ground.”

Joohyun closes her eyes. She never had this problem with Jae. It could not be happening. Sun was always happy, funny and noisy. He was competitive but not in this way.

“Unnie – talk to him first.” IU tugs at Joohyun’s hand. Over the years, IU had seen Joohyun’s children since birth and also could not imagine Yong Sun that way.

– we will be taking the patient up to the Jung private wing.” A young woman from the Hospital Administration bows to Joohyun.

The resident looks on as the patient was being taken to the private elevator down the hall.

“Who are they?” He asks the admin personnel.

“That is the Samonim of CNB Holdings and her youngest son. They are relatives of Dr. Jung and Dr. Kwon. ”

“Wah, they own the hospital don’t they?”

“4 hospitals but you are correct…Doctor?” The girl looks at the name tag on the resident’s coat.

“Ah Park Hyunsik. I’m new here. And you are?”

“From the Hospital Administration Office.” The young woman bows and leaves him with a smile.

“Thank you for being here.” Joohyun tells her cousins-in-law and IU. They had settled Yong Sun on the bed with BoAh checking on his vitals.

“The nurses are outside and we’ll stop by before we leave. Hyunnie be sure to check if Little Buddha feels nauseous or dizzy. You must tell the resident.”

Joohyun nods. Their family still called her youngest boy Little Buddha. Yong Sun was thinner now but still ate a lot and was showing signs that he would be even taller than Yonghwa and Jae.

“Time to call.” Joohyun sighs as the suite door closes. She sits on the chair next to her sleeping son and hits the #1 button on her speed dial.

“Oh, Joohyunah – I’m getting on the plane now where are you?” Yonghwa asks.

“Oppa – we can’t have dinner tonight.”

“Oh why? Are we eating at home? Are you cooking?”

“No – you have to come to the hospital.”

“What? Why? Are you sick?”

“Yong Sun –“

“What happened? “

“Alright – let me finish Yeobo.” Joohyun takes a deep breath. “Yong Sun is in the Shin Hwa Memorial hospital because he has wound on his forehead and slight concussion.”

“Did he fall?”

“No, more like in a fight.”

“What? Joohyunah!”

“Yunho Oppa told me to tell you that it was a Royal Rumble.” Joohyun had to hold the phone away from her ear. Her husband was cursing out loud. “Oppa stop! Please! Just come here alright?” Joohyun’s tears fell. “Our baby doesn’t look well.”

“I will go directly there. Be sure that Yong Sun is awake when I arrive. Who said it was a Royal Rumble? Yunho Hyung?”

“No it was Abeonim – that’s what one of the School Directors told him. Oppa what is a Royal Rumble? Only 3rd generation chaebol and up what does that mean? And why did Yunho Oppa say you and him have both been in a Royal Rumble before?”

“I’ll explain when I get there. I have to call Yunho Hyung now Buin. Oh, and make sure Jae is there.”

“Alright I’ll call the children to come here right after tutor. I’ll tell Madame to bring our things. It looks like we’ll have to sleep over. They want to observe Sunah.”

“That’s fine – I can work from there and Buin did the school tell you to come back for the findings?” Yonghwa asks.

“Yes Oppa. Tomorrow.”

“Good – I will attend with you.”

“Yeh?” Joohyun was surprised. Granted that this was the first time they would ever be coming to their children’s school for this type of meeting Joohyun was surprised by the fact that her husband who always had a very busy schedule would be attending.

“You will understand why after I get there. I will be calling Naeun after this so she can move back all my appointments to accommodate the school meeting.”

“Alright Oppa. I’ll cancel the dinner reservation.” Joohyun tells him.

“Just order to go and have the guards pick it up from the restaurant. You can just include the children. “ Yonghwa replies. “I’m sorry about our date Buin.”

“That’s alright Oppa – I’m sure the children will be happy to have dinner here with us even if it’s in the hospital.”

Just then the suite’s door opens and Min Sun comes in with the guards.

“Madame – who called you?”

“Jae did – he’s coming up with the twins and Yoon Min.”

“Oh my goodness we must order more food.” Joohyun exclaims.

“I don’t think so – the twins and Yoon Min are only going to visit Sunah – they’re not staying. I believe Yoona is picking the twins up and Yoon Min is going home with BoAh. I prepared snacks don’t worry.”

“Kamsahamnida Madame.” Joohyun replies. She stands up and looks at her little boy again. He was asleep. She touches the bandages on his elbows, and hands. She removes the covers and checks the bandages on his knees and shins. She pulls up his pajamas to look at the purple bruise on his stomach.

“It’s cold Omma.” Sun opens his eyes.

“Ah – mian Aegyah.” Joohyun tucks the blanket around him.

“When is Appa coming?” Sun asks.

“He’ll be here soon.” Joohyun answers.

“Omma mian. I know you’re disappointed in me.” Sun’s tears fell.

“We’ll talk later when Appa gets here. Just rest. Tell Omma at once if you feel nauseous alright?”Joohyun holds his hand and kisses it. “Omma is just here.”

Although Yong Sun was sleepy he tries his best to stay awake. He needed to tell his parents what happened. He needed to explain.

“Sun-ah!” Aeyah bursts into the room followed by Jae, the twins and Yoon Min. She heads for the bed and embraces her brother. “You brat!” Then she sobs. “You should have told us!”

“Yah Jung Yong Sun. Next time, I’ll beat you up if you do this again.” Jae levels a glare at his younger brother.

“Jung Jae Hwa!” Min Sun exclaims.

“What a thing to say to your brother!” Joohyun looks at her eldest. “Jae! We need to know his side of the story.”

“We know his side of the story.” The boys and Aeyah chorus.

“Well tell me.” Joohyun looks at the children.

“When Appa comes.” Jae tells his mother as he leans to kiss the top of her head. “Mian I didn’t mean to be harsh to Sunah.”

“My Appa is in surgery right now but he will be here as well.” Yoon Min tells them. “To talk with Samchon – my Omma said.”

There was silence until Tae Hyun looks at Min Sun. “Yooh Moh do you have any food?”

Min Sun smiles and nods. “Come have snacks children. Goguma and 15 pieces of the lemon squares.”

“Yooh Moh how about drinks?” Hyun Su asks.

“Of course Yooh Moh brought drinks for all our babies – here we have banana and strawberry milk.”

Jae looks at Aeyah who nods in understanding – as when they were still little – the food was divided according to age with the twins getting more because they were the youngest. The snacks and drinks were gone in 10 minutes.

“I didn’t get any.” A mournful voice was heard from the hospital bed.

“We’ll have to wait for the results before we can feed you Aegyah.” Joohyun tells her youngest.

“No more lemon squares.” Sun laments.

“I’ll make a whole tray how about that?” Joohyun placates him. “Tomorrow.”

“Just mine?” Sun smiles hopefully at his mother.

“Yah!” His brother and sister chorus.

“Alright I’ll share.” Sun pouts.

“Bring some to school.” The twins said.

“No – you need to go to my house.” Sun tells them.

Their light banter stops when Yonghwa comes in. The Chairman of CNB Holdings had loosened his tie, rolled up his sleeves and removed his coat. His hair looked like he’d run his hands over them repeatedly. He wasn’t smiling.

“Everybody out. “ He looks at the children and Min Sun. “You can just put my case on the table Dong Il. Samonim and I cannot be disturbed by anyone except for my cousin Yunho.”

“Ahjussi look after the kids.” Joohyun tells their long time driver.

The old man nods and starts to usher everyone out of the room.

“I have to stay Samchon,” Yoon Min looks at Yonghwa.

“I can explain Min.” Sun tells his cousin. “Don’t worry.”

The 13 year old shakes his head and stands his ground. “It’s about me so I will stay.”

Yonghwa looks at his son and nephew. “Alright Yoon Min will stay. Now what is this all about? Why is it a Royal Rumble?”

“The Han brothers started it.” Sun replies. “We just couldn’t let it go any longer.”

“And who are you referring to?”

“Min and his friends. I and my friends. We just couldn’t let them do that to Tae Ho anymore. The other boys they pick on him so much. Even during soccer practice and Teacher Park just lets them. During

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter