MRS JUNG AKA SAMONIM’S GUIDE TO BECOMING YOUR HUSBAND’S MISTRESS (PART 2)

His Wife
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Rule# 3 There’s no such thing as a PERFECT HUSBAND – you have to make him the perfect husband for you. Reward for all his good points and try to wean him from his bad points.  If all else fails – cry and or make him jealous.

“Seo – your husband didn’t eat well again today.” Minhyuk whispers to Joohyun as they were preparing dinner. “Three of his classmates sat with us during lunch and they spent the entire time asking about the paper that they’re going to hand over next week. Hyung barely ate – he kept answering their questions until Jonghyun Hyung told them to leave.”

Joohyun just sighs.  Oppa was really helpful with any classmate or student for that matter that needed his help. But sometimes she wished that he would say no and eat his lunch –but he didn’t - especially during exam time.

That night since he was very hungry – Yonghwa ate a huge dinner but a few hours later he starts to complain of a stomach ache. Before they sleep Joohyun had to make him drink herbal medicine which he detested.

“Can’t I just have antacid like a normal person?” He grimaces just before he drinks the herbal medicine. Joohyun just looks at him – though he might complain about herbal remedies Yonghwa knew well enough to take them so that she wouldn’t nag him.

That weekend when they went home to Seoul, the couple didn’t accept any invitations out since Yonghwa had a paper to write.  Joohyun just watches in dismay as her husband drank mugs of coffee. His meals were hardly touched and he had no time for Jae or herself which hurt Joohyun a lot since it seems that her husband forgotten that he had promised to take her out on a date – their first one in many months.

It was 3 a.m. Sunday morning when Yonghwa crawls into bed.  He’d finished his paper in record time – Friday night until Saturday night or rather early Sunday morning.  He presses himself closer to Joohyun and inhales her scent.  He sighs and drifts off to sleep.  He wakes up at 1 p.m. Sunday. He looks for his wife and finds her in the sun room.  Jae was asleep in his stroller and Joohyun was softly playing the piano. He stands and just observes the pretty scene.  He belatedly notices that Joohyun was crying while playing the piano. Before he could say anything – he was pulled out of the room by his mother.

“Did you forget anything yesterday Adeul?” His mother looks at him.

“Forget what? I was doing a paper.” Yonghwa answers his mother.”Why is Joohyun crying? Did anything happen?”

“You happened.” His mother replies. “Think – you’re supposed to have a high IQ but you’re oblivious when it comes to your wife.”

Yonghwa tries to think of the reason his wife was sad. Then it suddenly dawned on him. He had promised her that they would go out to watch a movie and have dinner – a real proper date which they hadn’t had in a long while. Sure, they were always together – in parties, in galas, in family functions – always surrounded by other people – always dressed up.  Yonghwa knew that Joohyun sometimes wanted to go back to the times when the two of them would just watch a movie and eat in their favorite noodle shop – in jeans and t shirts. Exploring Seoul – just the two of them. His wife was really just a simple girl who because she loves him adapted to his world. And he was a thoughtless brat who often took her for granted.

“It’s seems you’ve just realized something.” His mother lightly elbowed him. “Pali while the baby is asleep – there’s still time to make it up to her.”

“Did she tell you anything?” Yonghwa asks.

“Joohyun? She’s never complains about anything to us or to her parents. You of all people should know that. I’m your mother and even I am astounded sometimes on just how far she lets you get your way.” His mother smirks at him. “I’m going up to check if your Appa’s finished with his crossword puzzle.  Hyun-ah has been waiting for you - eat lunch already.”

He watches his mother go upstairs.  He goes back to the sun room and finds his wife still playing the piano. She wasn’t crying anymore but had an air of sadness around her. She was playing Brahm’s Lullaby and humming softly.

“Joohyun-ah.” He comes to the room.  When she sees him she smiles, stands up and goes to him. Looking up at him she softly asks him he had a good sleep.  He nods and just looks down at her – silently willing her to remind him about the promised date. But instead Joohyun gives him a kiss and goes to check on their son.

“You didn’t wake me up earlier – we’re supposed to go out.” He said.

“Ani – you were so tired from making your paper- its fine – we can go next time. Let’s have lunch – I’ll tell Cook. ” Joohyun looks up at him and smiles. It was a repeated scenario lately – it was either school work or social obligations that intrude on their couple time. Or Jae.

Yonghwa comes up and takes his wife in his arms. He looks closely at her face – she was smiling but he knew her well enough to notice the brief sadness she quickly blinks away.

“Seo Joohyun – listen to me. It’s not fine. Our busy schedules and social obligations will be with us forever. Especially me. So how about this – let’s make sure we have time at least once a month to go out just the 2 of us. No matter what.“ He kisses his wife’s eyes and embraces her tightly. “And since I at things like this I want you to make sure this happens – Wife. Ara?”

 “Arasso.” Joohyun smiles as she buries her face on her husband’s chest.

“So let’s go upstairs and change. We’ll watch a movie and eat lunch and dinner out. Walk around Insadong and go to Myeongdong. Kaja!” He holds her hand and pulls her out of the room – calling out to the househelp to get Min Sun to watch over Jae.

They leave the house looking like a university couple out on a date. Jeans, tshirts, rubber shoes and jackets. They say goodbye to the parents and wave at Min Sun who was still watching over their sleeping son.  Ahjusshi was off that Sunday so Yonghwa decides to just take the red Honda and drive it himself which of course does not go well with Yonguk.

Yonghwa and the head guard were discussing which guards to take for a good 10 minutes. Joohyun was getting impatient. She lets go of her husband’s hand and looks at the assembled guards.

“Guard Lee please bring the Honda around.  Guard Kim and Lee you can follow us in the sedan. Not too close please. Kamsahamnida.”  She then turns to her husband and Yonguk. “You are wasting my precious dating time.”

When the Honda comes she opens the passenger door and motions her husband to get in. She gets the key from the guard and waves at Yonguk. Joohyun just recently passed her driver’s exam thanks to Ahjussi.  ‘I’ll drive safe don’t worry.” She gives the guards a smile before getting in the car.

“Oppa – if you’re going to be a back seat driver transfer to the back while we’re still here.” Joohyun gives her husband her sternest stare.  Yonghwa just shakes his head and puts his seat belt on. She smiles and kisses his cheek before starting the engine.  They had a few sudden stops and near misses but Yonghwa kept his mouth shut. He makes a mental note to tell Ahjussi to let Joohyun drive more in Suwon.

The 2 guards however had a hilarious time watching Agassi drive with Doryeongnim.  When Joohyun finally parks at the public parking near SKKU – the guards just had to report to Yonguk how pale Yonghwa was when he got out of the Honda. They were laughing as they made their report and were scolded by Yonguk.

The couple decide to go and have lunch in their favorite noodle shop.  When the owner learns that they had already gotten married she gives them a free meal. They watch an action movie since Joohyun lost to Yonghwa in “kawi-ba-wibo”.   After the movie they decide to go to Myeongdong – mindful that the 2 guards must always have the couple within sight.  Eventually Yonghwa calls them over to hold the bags of clothes that Joohyun had bought for himself and Jae.

“I need to hold your Agassi’s hand and those bags get in the way.” Yonghwa tells them. The two young guards laugh and step back to let the couple continue their walk. 

“Ah Oppa let’s just drop by Gucci – there’s a tie I saw on line that I want to buy for Dr. Kwon’s birthday maybe they have it here.” Joohyun pulls her husband towards the store.

“Promise to buy something for yourself first.” Yonghwa refuses to move.

“I don’t need anything.” Joohyun tells him. “Samonim bought me a lot of things when they went to Europe last month.”

“She bought me a lot of things too – but you just bought me a lot of things today.” Yonghwa stands fast unmindful of the people passing them looking curiously at Joohyun who was pulling at his hand.

“Fine. I’ll go by myself.” Joohyun frowns and let go of his hand. With her nose up in the air she enters the Gucci store. Inside she walks thru the store taking note of all the things she would like to buy for all the menfolk in her life.  She was browsing thru the tie section when she hears a discreet cough. The young salesman was smiling at her.

“Annyeong hasayo Sonnim” He bows to Joohyun. “Can I help you with anything? Are you looking for a specific item?”

For the next 15 minutes Joohyun and the young salesman go thru the ties on display as well as the Gucci catalogue.  The tie that Joohyun wanted wasn’t available yet in Korea but she could place a reservation. Joohyun just chooses from the available ties and requests that it be wrapped as a birthday gift. He leads her to the counter so that they could finish their transaction. On the way to the counter she sees some socks and gets 2 pairs for Yonghwa as well as a money clip.

“Your boyfriend is lucky you’re buying all these for him.” The young salesman smiles at Joohyun.

Joohyun smiles at him and brings out her card.  She was already aware that her Oppa was in the store and had observed everything that happened between her and the cute salesman.  She had to hold on to her laughter when Yonghwa coughs very loudly and remarks that service was slow.

“Let me help you Sonnim – there’s another counter over here.” A smiling sales lady was immediately beside Yonghwa.

“No I’d rather be here.” He tells the puzzled sales lady.

“I don’t have a boyfriend. “ Joohyun replies to the salesman.

The salesman looked very surprised but he quickly recovers and asks Joohyun how many payments she wanted with her card.  His manager who was observing the situation whispers that the card was black hence limitless. The young salesman quickly finishes the transaction and hands Joohyun her purchases. “Thank you Miss Seo.”

“She has a husband though.” Yonghwa tells the salesman as he stands next to Joohyun and puts down a Gucci Horsebit Evening bag. “That would be me.”Joohyun looks down to the floor and tries to control her mirth. Oppa’s irritated expression was just too funny.

The salesman looks at Yonghwa – who was holding the most expensive bag in the store. “Sonnim, who helped you with your purchase?”

Yonghwa points to a young girl who was obviously a trainee. “Her. I asked for the most expensive bag in the store and she gave it to me.  Be sure to give her the commission.” Yonghwa looks at the manager.

“Of course –“The manager looks at the black card. “Mr. Jung.” Though he looked fairly ordinary, the manager took in the Givenchy t shirt, 7 for all mankind denim pants, the sockless Gucci loafers and the very expensive Armani leather jacket. No, Mr.Jung was no ordinary university student. The manager could have sworn that he’d seen Mr. Jung somewhere. Miss Seo was also looking very ordinary until you notice that her True Religion jeans, Alexander McQueen t shirt, Saint Lauren sneakers and the all the rage Prada short jacket. No, Miss Seo, who was fresh faced and very pretty was no ordinary university student either. 

The couple were silent when they leave the store.  Joohyun tries valiantly to control her laughter and Yonghwa was frowning.

“Why did you tell him that you didn’t have a boyfriend?” He asks her.  His Joohyun was never flirtatious.

“But I don’t have a boyfriend.” Her eyes were dancing with merriment which irritated him more. “I have a husband.”

“Why didn’t you tell him you had a husband?” Yonghwa persists.

“He didn’t ask.” Joohyun smiles. Sensing that her husband was going to be in foul mood for the rest of their date Joohyun hooks her arm with his. “Samonim told me that Hwejangnim always accompanies her wherever she goes how come you’re not like that Oppa? Seeing that your jealous

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter