MRS JUNG AKA SAMONIM’S GUIDE TO BECOMING YOUR HUSBAND’S MISTRESS (PART 1)

His Wife
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

MRS JUNG AKA SAMONIM’S GUIDE TO BECOMING YOUR HUSBAND’S MISTRESS

 

Rule #1 Make sure everything in the household is taken cared of – while children are important husbands are more so. 

 

Jae was teething and everyone in the Jung’s Suwon household felt it.  Joohyun was at her wits end on what to do. It was exam time and her precious baby boy just couldn’t sleep. Unfortunately Oppa and his doongsaengs couldn’t study either.

Jae didn’t want to eat and didn’t want to be put down.  While Min Sun offered to stay with them – Joohyun knew that it woudn’t be any good because Jae only wanted his mother.  The only way that Min Sun could help them was having food brought in from the main house.  Grandparents weren’t much help either – Jae would cry if he didn’t see Joohyun.  He would tolerate his Appa but only for short periods. Forget about even having Jungshin, Minhyuk or Jonghyun help her – Jae would scream.

It was dinner time and Joohyun was preparing the food – while carrying Jae.  It was all fine until Yonghwa got the baby from her – Jae starts crying and wouldn’t stop.

“Jae-jae will you please stop! I can’t even read my books!” Yonghwa tells his son. It only brought more wailing.

“Oppa have patience with him – all his teeth are coming out almost at the same time and it’s agony for him.” Joohyun takes the baby from her husband. “Just help me set the table Oppa.”

“I thought that was Jungshin’s chore?” Yonghwa asks his wife.

 “He wanted to nap a bit and I told him it was okay.” Joohyun explains.  Junghsin’s room was the closest to their room so she knew how much more the maknae suffered from Jae’s crying than Jonghyun or Minhyuk.

Yonghwa scowls at her and takes it upon himself to wake up Jungshin. “Yah –wake up and set the table! Now!”

Jungshin comes out and sets the table – his yawns were huge.  In a few minutes Minhyuk comes out to help Joohyun put food on the table. He also yawns. Jonghyun was still in the library with his project members.  Dinner was tense as Jae was fretting about his food.

Joohyun had already talked to both mothers about Jae’s crying jags. They assured her that it was normal and that it would pass soon. Joohyun was to sleep when Jae was asleep so that she will be refreshed and to make sure to eat well.  Both mothers also told her to have a bit more patience. Joohyun was sure that she had patience for Jae but not so much with Yonghwa.

It was almost midnight and Jae had woken up again – Joohyun tries to rock him to sleep but the poor baby was still crying. Yonghwa comes into the room with a scowling face.

“Joohyun I can’t really study – I have 3 exams tomorrow. I know my doongsaengs have exams too. Can’t you calm him down?”

“He’s a baby – he’s feeling pain. You’re his father – just be more patient with him!” Joohyun snaps at him.  Lately they had been snapping at each other as both were sleep depraved. “You’re not the only one suffeirng here!” She pushes Yonghwa out of the bedroom.

When the baby finally sleeps – Joohyun allows herself to lie down quietly on the bed. She wonders why Yonghwa hadn’t come back to the room.  She goes out and finds that everyone had left the house – including Yonghwa.  No one said anything to her and she didn’t even have a message on her phone. Joohyun goes back to bed and lets her tears come.

By 5 am the next day Joohyun was up and dressed.  Taking a wide awake Jae – she goes out and talks to Ahjussi. She leaves for Seoul with Jae and one bodyguard. If Min Sun was surprised when she opens the door to find Joohyun and Jae – she keeps it to herself. One look at the young mother’s tired and tearful face was enough for Min Sun go up to Samonim’s room and inform her that Joohyun and Jae were home. Without Yonghwa.

That afternoon Yonghwa comes home from school to a quiet house.  Thinking that his wife and son were asleep he quietly goes into their bedroom. He was very surprised to find their room clean and tidy.  He goes out and notices that the living room was clean and tidy as well.    In the kitchen – the table was set for 4.  He was just about to call his wife when his doonsaengs come home.

“Jae baby! Samchon is home!” Minhyuk calls out.

“They’re not here.” Yonghwa responds. He was irritated with his wife for not being there. He dials her number but she doesn’t pick up.  He talks to Ahjussi outside and learns that his wife and son went to Seoul in the early hours of the morning.  Ahjussi thought Yonghwa knew. He tries her phone again and she still didn’t pick up. Yonghwa’s voice was dead calm when he calls Min Sun.

“Is Joohyun home?” He asks his nanny.

“She’s upstairs with the baby.” Min Sun responds. “Waeyo? She didn’t tell you she was coming home with Jae?”

“Uhm – I just wanted to talk to her.” Yonghwa responds. “Can you tell her to call me?”

“Alright I will.” Min Sun tells him.  Right after the phone call Min Sun goes up to check on Joohyun.  Both mother and baby were sleeping on the chaise lounge.  She checks Joohyun’s phone and finds 6 missed calls and 5 messages.  The mobile was on silent mode. Min Sun sighs as she leaves the room – it was apparent that all was not smooth with her ward and his wife.

When Joohyun comes down for dinner – Min Sun takes her aside and tells her that Yonghwa called. Joohyun just nods and sits down for dinner with her parents in law and her fretting baby.

“Aigoo – our little one isn’t in the best mood right now.” Hwejangnim comments as Jae spits out another mouthfull of food.

“He’s teething Yeobo.” Samonim tells her husband. She helps Joohyun wipe away the baby’s mess and gently runs her hand on the baby’s back. “Patience Ddal” She looks at Joohyun.

Joohyun nods.  She knows Samonim didn’t just mean patience with Jae.

Before she goes to sleep Joohyun calls Ahjussi.  She gives him instructions on taking care of Yonghwa and the boys while she was away.   “Please make sure that they get to eat on time and the household chores.  Tell the other guards to help you.” Joohyun said.

“Agassi – when are you coming home?  Doryeonim wasn’t in a good mood when I talked to him. Are you fighting?” Ahjussi was nothing if not blunt with Joohyun.  He considered the couple like his own children and he was concerned.

“He has exams and Jae is very difficult right now. Please just make sure he’s taken cared of.” Joohyun responds. “I have to go Ahjussi – Jae is crying again. Mian.”

Next Joohyun sends texts to her husband’s doongsaengs – apologizing for disrupting their study time.  She tells them she would be staying in Seoul with Jae until exam week was over.

Then she calls her husband.

“Wae?” He answers. His voice had no inflection – a sure sign that he was pissed.

Joohyun takes a deep breath. “I’m staying in Seoul until Jae’s teeth come out. “

“Suit yourself.” His reply was short.

Joohyun felt like crying so she takes another deep breath. “You know why we can’t be there.”

“I have to study.” He replies and ends the coversation.

“I love you too – you stubborn man.” Joohyun sighs as she closes her mobile. She cuddles her sleeping baby and goes to sleep praying that Jae could get some rest before his teeth bother him again.

Back in Suwon, the coming days were the same.  Yonghwa and the boys wake up to prepared breakfasts and often times would have packed lunches.  Their laundry was done and the house was neat and tidy when they get home. Dinner was always on time and not anyone of them had household chores to do.  The guards and Ahjussi did it all.

It was a perfect scenario especially for students who were studying for exams. Except it wasn’t.  Minhyuk and Jungshin moped and told their Hyung that they missed Jae. Jonghyun kept touching the toy box and commented that this was the first time in months that there was no floating toy in the bath tub.  Yonghwa was getting pissed at everyone who kept asking where Joohyun and Jae were. From the convenience store owner to the ahjummas in the park to the students that he met in school. He felt like the bad guy.

He understood why Joohyun went away – so he could study in peace.  Which he did – but his heart ached – for his wife and son. Still he was hurt that she could manage to stay away – so he sulked and didn’t contact her, relying on Min Sun to tell him how his wife and child were doing.

“Up to when are you going to let Agassi stay in Seoul, Doryeonim?” Ahjussi asks Yonghwa. “Are you still mad at her for leaving?”

Yonghwa just nods. Lately he wasn’t talking much to anyone.

“She loves you very much you know.  To think of leaving you in peace to study while she single handedly handles a teething child. Women are saints.” Ahjussi replies.

Yonghwa just grunts and heads out to the store.  He comes back with bottles of soju.  He had 2 more exams in the coming Monday so he could study at leisure on the weekend.  He had no plans of going home. When the guards see him they hurry inside the house to prepare the glasses and the snacks.

“Where did you get that?” Yonghwa asks them. Fresh fruits cut into bite size pieces, dried squid, pretzels, nuts and spicy tofu – all his and his doonsaengs favorite snacks while drinking

“Ah, Agassi left us money to b

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter