His Wife - War Chaebol Style (Part 2)

His Wife
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

WAR – CHAEBOL STYLE (PART 2)

YONGHWA

He saw Joohyun deeply engrossed in studying. He stood a few feet away from her. He watched her as she looked at her notes and turn the pages of her books. The lamplight in front of her cast a glow on her hair and the porcelain skin that he loves to kiss.

My Joohyun…I’d move heaven and earth to be with you.

He watched as she glanced up and saw him standing there looking at her.  He saw her smiling as he approached her. Dropping a kiss on the top of her head he sat down next to her and took her hand. For several seconds he just held her hand and looked at her smiling face.

I love her so much.

“Oppa – something wrong with my face?” She asks.

‘Ani – I just miss looking at your face. I wish I could kiss you right here but that would be inappropriate.” He whispered.  “I’ll just kiss your hand instead.”

“What are you reviewing?” He peered at her notes.

“Hm…Art History. It’s my favorite subject but the exam covers two art periods so it’s quite an extensive review.”

“Now that I’m here you won’t be able to study.”

“That’s okay Oppa – I’ve been here a while now. I’m almost done.” Joohyun said as she closes her notes.

“So tell me what happened last week…” he stares into her eyes. “Don’t leave anything out please”

Yonghwa listens to her recount her week.  If he wasn’t so worried about her – he would have it found it funny because she started from Monday morning when she woke and ended when she entered the library to wait for him.  He knew she didn’t leave anything out because he already had Yoona and Hyoyeon tell him everything before seeing her.

“I promise not to keep anything from you anymore. I was just concerned with the incidents affecting your exams.” She blushes as she says this.

“Ara, I know you’ll always think this way. But Joohyun, keeping things from me only worries me more. I’m glad you won’t keep anything from me anymore.”

He then captures her hands and looks at her shoes. “Don’t promise with your fingers and toes crossed okay? I won’t tolerate this situation again.”

“Oppa – how can I cross my toes?” Hyun starts giggling and had to bite her lips because the people around them might be disturbed.

They both smile at each other. Joohyun asks him about his week and since she was being truthful about her week he had no choice but to tell him about his visit to Eunji.

“I wish you had gone to see me.” Joohyun pouted.

“Hmm… I had to study and if I went to see you I wouldn’t have because I would be too distracted by talking to you and I would be a distraction to you too.”

“Oppa – so your visit to your Eunji Noona resulted in the Friday column we saw this morning? Don’t hurt Shin Hye too much Oppa – I don’t want you to go around hurting people because of me. And Yunho Oppa going over to my school to talk to Min Ho-ssi, I’m worried that if there were reporters there they would have mentioned that in the papers.”

“There were no reporters – although I heard that they were going there but were too late. Besides Yunho Hyung doesn’t do things rashly like he did when we were younger.  Everything was contained – he only had to keep his temper in check.  I only called him to talk to Min Ho because I couldn’t be there myself. I heard Max was an excellent referee.”

“He called me to tell me what happened – he left out the swear words of course.” Joohyun told him.

“Instead you had to hear swear words from me – mianhe Joohyun – I keep failing you.” Yonghwa said.

“I know you were just worried. Don’t worry Ahjusshi let out a few choice words too when he asked me about yesterday.”

“I’m glad Ahjusshi is taking measures to look after you.  I saw him at the parking lot.  We had a little chat before I went in to see you.”

“Ah Oppa – can you say hello to Yonguk-ssi for me.  He was so nice when he took me home.”

“I will – now tell me what time do I need to be there at Tiffany’s?” Yonghwa asks as he tucks her hair behind her ear.

They went to talk about their plans for the weekend.  When the library closed – they went out for dinner in a small restaurant that Ahjusshi recommended. It took some urging before he agreed to sit down and eat with them.  And as usual – Yonghwa’s car followed them home and they spent time over the phone before promising to meet up at Tiffany’s house the next day.

AT THE SAME TIME AT A PRIVATE ROOM IN LOTTE HOTEL SEOUL

Eunji was ushered into the private room. She saw Samonim looking out at the gorgeous Seoul night. Eunji saw that her face was pensive.

“Samonim” Eunji bowed.

“Ah- you’re here. Come sit down. I’ve ordered our dinner so it should be arriving soon.” Yonghwa’s mother smiles at Eunji. “How have you been? How is Key?”

“We are both fine Samonim.” Eunji smiled fondly at the older woman.

“And the preparations for the wedding?”

“My mother is driving me crazy, Samonim – please talk to her. I’m so afraid Key will back out because of her demands. Appa just laughs at me. GO is no help at all.”

“Arasso – I promise to call her. I know Key will not back out. He loves you.” Samonim patted Eunji’s hand.

Just then their dinner arrives.  Eunji had to smile – they were all her favorites.  Samonim never forgot to order or serve two if not all of Eunji’s favorite dishes when they met.

“Hmm…eat up. I know you haven’t eaten all day.” Samonim picked up her chopsticks and the next 30 minutes were about how they found the dishes that were served and Eunji updated Samonim about all the happenings in her life, Key’s life and what was happening with GO in the US.

When their tea was served Eunji braced herself for Samonim’s questions.

“Eunji-yah – tell me what happened and how you’re helping my son.”

Eunji recounted what happened during Yonghwa and Suzy’s visit.  She told her about how Yonghwa met Joohyun, about her “fake” engagement, about what Shin Hye had asked of the couple and what brought about the Power Couple article in the newspapers.

“I will talk to Shin Hye about that Eunji-ah – don’t concern yourself about the article.  I myself did not know that she went over you and asked the lifestyle editor to add those comments. I am disappointed that she did that without consulting me. I have to apologize to you for putting you in a spot with the newspapers.”

“Samonim – do you really like her for Yong?”

“She’s the best candidate so far. You know how hard it will be for anyone who’s going to become Yonghwa’s wife. Shin Hye’s been trained since childhood – although her father spoils her so much. I am fully aware of her affair with that actor I am also aware that my son doesn’t care about her. But I am still optimistic that they will eventually find each other. They are highly suited.”

“But Samonim – you know that Yong loves another girl.”

Yonghwa’s mother closed her eyes and lets out a sigh.

“I know. I’ve had her extensively investigated. She comes from a good family. By all accounts she’s an ordinary girl who’s also head over heels in love with my son. But Eunji you know perfectly well how hard it will be for someone who will marry our Yonghwa. I can’t in all conscience give this role to just anyone.  I cannot take a chance. I will not hear of a divorce.   His Appa is staying out of it – he fully believes Yonghwa will choose the wife that is best for him. Easy for him to say – he doesn’t know what being Samonim means.” Yonghwa’s mother give a small laugh and shakes her head.

Eunji’s eyes

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter