Ends Well

Suit Romance

8

She took in a deep breath gulped, then walked into her mentor's room. "What's the matter, Tao?" Kris asked, assuming. "I'm not Tao. I'm Sohyun," she said as she took in a deep breath. Just a few words and she's already trembling like hell.

Kris looked up from his work and tilted his head, raising an eyebrow at her. Sohyun took in another deep breath, as she gave the tea to Kris. "I'm sorry. This tea is made for you. I took it from Ji Eun.."

She took in a deep breath and faced him. “Sorry for whatever I did. Screaming at you, doing all those clumsy stuff,thinking Juwon is guilty before the trial even started, and also unable to be impartial, I’m really sorry,” she said everything in one breath, and bit her lip. “But before you  go to court, can you tell me what Juwon actually did?” she asked, and he cracked a smile.


She raised an eyebrow at him and sighed. "I know, I shouldn't have doubted you misunderstood your intentions regarding Juwon's case," Sohyun said, as she lowered her head. "But should actually let yourself explain the case and doubts to me in the first place, and not keeping the case to yourself," she quickly added, and tilting her head up to see Kris when he didn't made a sound.


Kris got up from his chair, as he placed his hands in his pocket, walking nearer to Sohyun, while she face him, and slowly walked back. "Kris?" Sohyun asked, trembling, her back came into contact with the wall. “Don’t tell me you’re really angry.”

Kris leaned down to her eye level, and his eyes pierced through Sohyun's, while she blinked in surprise.

He slowly leaned forward, and Sohyun quickly brought up the tea to block her face, as she turned her face to one side, looking away. "Drink this tea first."

Kris smiled and took it from her hands, walking off as he went back to his table. "Silly. I'm never mad at you," he said, as he sipped the tea, and nodded his head. "Not bad, where did you get this from?" he asked, raising the cup.

"I specially took it from Ji Eun. It really took me a lot of time to plead with her before she would even give me a bag of tea," Sohyun replied instantly.

"You're good. You could even let Ji Eun lend you her tea bags. It was actually her treasures." Kris said, and drank more, then placed the cup down.

"If I told you that Juwon's innocent at that time when you barged into my room would you actually believe?" Kris asked, while Sohyun lowered her head. At that time, she was so angry she couldn't listen to anyone's words, and she slowly shook her head.

"That's it. I didn’t tell you in the first place because I knew you would react like that. I was hoping to tell you at an 
appropriate timing but I guess you have already found out yourself, am I right?" Kris asked again, raising an eyebrow.

Sohyun nodded.

He sighed. "Sohyun. I took you in because there was one thing I really appreciated you for. And if I want have a protege like you, then of course I first must set a good example of being a mentor," Kris explained, while Sohyun could only nod her head and lower her head even more due to guilt.

"I was shocked at first at how you reacted, but later I understood, and somehow, I'm also happy," Kris said and smiled, while Sohyun's face lit up, and she looked up. "Really?"

He nodded. "This shows principles never left you." Sohyun bit back her smile. At least Kris was proud of her for one thing. "Wait a second," Sohyun cut in, trying to analyze everything and what Kris was thinking. "That means, you forgive me?"

Kris sighed and rolled his eyes, shaking his heads in amusement. "I was never angry with you." Sohyun's smile immediately widened and she clapped silently while Kris stopped her. "The domestic worker for my house is still you," Kris said, and her smile immediately faded, gulping.

"Now, do you have anything else to do?" he asked, while she immediately shook her head. Her mood was better now, and she didn't tremble because of the appearance of Kris, while he just smiled. "Good, now would you want me to explain what actually happened to Juwon?"

She nodded her head eagerly as she sat down.

 

“Last week, Juwon was charged for assault because he was drunk in a pub. He was with his friend and that was when a man pushed his friend and his friend was injured. Then Juwon took out a stack of money and gave it to four guys, and those guys believed that he wanted to bribe them to beat up the man, and now he’s being charged. But the thing is that Juwon wasn’t in a clear state of mind, and at that time he just wanted to protect his friend,” Kris explained. “We need to have character testimony of Juwon, because he actually has a record, and we need the judge to believe that he really is innocent,” Kris said.

She nodded, understanding the situation and she pursed her lips, while Kris looked up at her and tilted his head to one side. “Hey, are you free this afternoon? I need an assistant for Juwon’s case.”


"For Juwon’s case," she repeated again, thinking, but was quickly cut off when Kris whacked her head with the file. "Stop repeating what I say. Are you free now?"


Sohyun nodded her head vigorously. "Good, you'll follow me for the trial this afternoon," Kris said and went out but was stopped by Sohyun as she grabbed his sleeve. "Wait! I’m going?"


"Unless you don't want to," he replied.

"I want! Of course I want! But I don't know any information-"

"Just bring the files I told you to, and don't mix it up again," Kris empathized, and pointed a finger at her, while 
she immediately nodded. "I won't. I'll never ever do it again." Kris looked down at her. Then, he did one magical action.

He smiled. "Good girl." He patted her head and she blinked. Did he just pat, her head?

A few days ago he whacked her head, and now he's patting her head?

Well that escalated quickly.

"Be prepared to carry loads of files alright?" Sohyun nodded her head again. "I'll be ready. Definitely."

 

Kris nodded his head, then looked down. "Can you let go of me now?" he asked, while Sohyun tilted her head and looked down at her hand, then quickly let go, rubbing the back of her neck. "Sorry."

Kris went out and shook his head, smiling. *Cute.*

Kris immediately frowned, and he shook the thought away. *No way. I just didn't think of that..*

When Sohyun said she was prepared to carry tons of paperwork to court, she was basically lying. She wasn't even prepared.

 

As usual, she stumbled and had to keep her balance, while trying to find Kris, which was easy because he was like a giant, but hard to find which court to go.

There was one case that she actually went to the wrong court, and at the end? She delayed both of the trials.

"K1308 file is here, P6481 is here.." Sohyun counted the number of files, double checking every minute before the trial start. Well, it was better than getting scolded by her mentor.

Sohyun could only say this time, she really went with the right mentor. Once the trial began and when Kris debated, it was a sure win.

--

 

“My actions are just to help my friend. That stack of money wasn’t to assault the victim, but to protect my friend and me. And I said help, not attack, I didn’t know that the people would think the other way. I need to stand up for him, and at that time I was so drunk I only thought of hiring temporary bodyguards to protect because I’m just a businessman and didn’t know how to fight back,” Juwon said.

“I know I have a record in the past, and knew I would be here again, but I didn’t know my friend would be implicated too. And this is why this is the regret of my life. I finally understood what I did wrong, and what your verdict is, I accept it," he said sincerely.

Sohyun sighed softly and smiled as she exchanged looks with Kris. “Maybe Juwon is guilty, but as long as he repents, the judge should give him a chance, right?” she whispered and Kris nodded his head, and the next second the verdict was out. 

"After much consideration from both counsels, I now announce, Kim Juwon, is guilty of assault."
Their hearts dropped.
"But seeing the defendant is guilty and remorseful for what he did, he shall be sentenced to six months of prison and suspended for six months."

"Suspended? What do you mean?" Juwon asked, worried.

Sohyun turned and smiled. "It means you don't need to go to jail!" she exclaimed.

Juwon dropped his jaw but quickly snapped out of it and smiled.

"Court adjourned," the judge announced.

"Mentor. You were really DAEBAK!" Sohyun exclaimed, trying to keep up with his pace while carrying the files and documents. "Kris, thank you," Juwon thanked, as he bit his lip and shook his hand, while Kris could only shrug. "Well, we're friends after all."

Sohyun looked at the both of them, and was interrupted by her thoughts, as Baekhyun popped up behind her. 
"Baekhyun!" she exclaimed, and led him to a corner away from Kris. "What are you doing here?" she asked, smiling.

"I have to testify for a drug case. The trial just ended, it was court no. 5.” He pointed.

"So how was it?" Baekhyun suddenly asked out of the blue, while Sohyun frowned and tilted her head. "About what?"
"Your mentor of course!" He playfully knocked her head, grinning. "How's your relationship with him?" Sohyun nodded. "He actually-"

"Kim Sohyun!" Kris hollered as he shot her a look, and she quickly waved at Baekhyun. "We're fine now. See you soon!" she said and ran towards Kris.

Baekhyun watched as Sohyun nod her head and apologized to Kris, then walked off, shaking his head in amusement.
Kris sighed and looked at her, while she looked at him back. He grabbed her hand, pulling her to his side. "Next time, just stay beside me, don't lag behind, or you'll never catch up," he whispered.

They walked out of the building, Sohyun's hand still in his.

Sohyun looked up at him and cracked a smile. Even though she had no idea what he was talking about, but she felt happy, and she followed him.

-----