Haunting Her

Suit Romance

23
The next thing Kris knew was that the world or his head was spinning. Or maybe everything was spinning. Everything was blur and confusing.

He clutched onto his head tightly, groaning and he looked around.

He was on his hotel bed.

He was only thinking of two thoughts, and the first thought was who helped him onto the bed? Sohyun? Maybe. Or she could ask some help from the reception counter.

The only thing he could remember vaguely was drinking with Victor, signing the deal, hopping onto the taxi and going to the hotel, and the second thought was, where the hell was Sohyun?

He looked around, stumbling and he had to support his weight with the tables or chairs. "So-Sohyun?" he called out weakly, his head was still aching from all those alcohol. "Where is she now.." he muttered and called her.

Sohyun hurriedly entered the washroom and answered the call. "Kris? You're awake!"

"Sohyun.. Where are you?" Kris asked weakly. Sohyun's eyebrows furrowed in concern as she found his voice weak and deep. "Kris? Are you alright? I'm now with the clients. You had a big headache so I didn't wake you up."

Her tone was filled with concern and anxiety, and even though Kris wasn't with her, he could imagine her concerned face for him, and couldn't help but slightly smile. Reality then hit him as his eyes rounded in surprise and he looked at the clock. "I'm late!"

"No wait Kris. I'm already here. You can just stay in the hotel and wait, I'll be fine." Sohyun assured him, while he frowned, still concerned. "Do the clients understand English?"

Sohyun bit her lip and nodded. "Yeah, of course," she lied. "Kim Sohyun how dare you.." Kris groaned as he raised his voice was he couldn't bear the pain that was lingering on his head and he ended up whispering harshly to her while Sohyun forced out a smile. "Ah yes, Kris. Do you remember what happened in the hotel?" she asked warily, hoping he couldn't remember.

He frowned and shook his head. "I can't remember. What did I do?" Sohyun heaved a sigh of relief and smiled. "Oh nothing. You just puked that's all. I need to go now, I'll see you later." She hung up before Kris could ask her again.

Kris softly smiled. "That girl's really independent. But I wonder if she could come back in time. It's quite far from here.." Kris muttered, concerned. Then he thought what happened yesterday. Yesterday felt like a dream to him, and he found that dream somewhat sweet but painful.

He looked at his foot and he frowned. “Why did it hurt so badly?” he murmured. He remembered himself walking into the hotel room, then his vision went blurry and he only saw a girl. “Well that girl definitely must be Sohyun,” he said. Then, he slowly traced everything back, he remembered having to hold onto Sohyun’s wrist, then his eyes widened in surprise as he touched his lips. “I didn’t, did I?” he asked, frowning. If he really did, he was super duper embarrassed as he groaned and fell back onto the bed, covering his head with the blanket.


--
Sohyun stretched her arms and massaged her shoulders. "I almost died in there." She sighed and smiled. At least she accomplished the task.

She actually had no idea what they were talking, and she had to ask a client to translate what they were discussing about which took her the entire day to understand when she could have completed the deal by dusk.

She walked around the building, waiting for a taxi to past by, but after waiting for fifteen minutes but there's still no signs.

She glanced at her watch and bit her lip anxiously. When she looked up again, a taxi passed by and she immediately flagged for it and got on the taxi, heaving a sigh of relief.

When she was about to doze off, the taxi jerked to a stop and she woke up. "What happened?" she asked and she got off the taxi, asking. The taxi driver got off and checked the tire, frowning. "It's punctured. I'm afraid I can't send you back to the hotel."

"Punctured?! Then could you help me call for a cab?" Sohyun pleaded while the driver shook his head. "It's already late and dark, hard to get a taxi at this hour. Why don't you take a bus?"

"Bus?" Sohyun repeated.

"Just walk straight and turn to your right, then keep walking straight until you see an overhead bridge. Cross it and you'll get to the bus stop. But you need to hurry, the last bus to the hotel is in ten minutes, you need to run there," the taxi driver directed, and Sohyun nodded her head, and ran.

She quickly ran and turned right, and when she saw the overhead bridge, she quickly dashed up the stairs. When she was running on the overhead bridge, she saw the bus at the bus stop about to leave and she quickened, running as fast as possible with her briefcase.

"Wait!" she called out, chasing after the bus, but she clumsily tripped and fell, dropping her briefcase, and she could only see the last bus going without her. She bit her lip and winced in pain, looking at the injury on her knee. The last bus left, and now she's injured. To make it worse, one of her contact lens dropped out, and she couldn't even see.

She squinted her eyes and kneeled down, blindly touching the rough cold ground, searching for her contact lens. She sighed and gave up, then picked up her briefcase, limping aimlessly across the streets, hoping to find a taxi.

The cold wind brushed against her shoulders as she shivered and rubbed her shoulders, breathing in and out deeply. The dark shadows of tree barks loomed over her as she walked along the isolated street. It was so silent that the rustling of leaves behind her could be heard, and the flickering of one of the lamp post, she can't help but feel a presence behind her. It was creeping her out.

She suddenly felt so lonely and lost in a foreign place. She knew nothing about their language there, she didn't know how to communicate with them, and she didn't know the directions, unlike Korea. And the worst thing is, that it was especially dark, the thing she hate the most.

There was hardly any cars passing by, not to mention people walking on the streets.

She limped around the area aimlessly, looking around but all she saw were shops slowly closing down one after another. Neon lights shutting down one after another, just like her hopes crashing one after another. She sighed and the thought of her past overwhelmed her where once she felt so lost, no one to depend on.

Just then, a flash of lightning struck across the dark sky, piercing through the clouds as it was followed by a loud thunderous clap.

She screamed in shock and froze in her spot.

Within seconds, it started to rain.

Sohyun looked up at the sky as she gulped and quickly ran across the dark street blindly, her eyes scanning for a nearby shelter where she wouldn't be drenched.

She quickly stood inside a telephone booth, and took in deep breaths.

That haunting feeling was back. She immediately shook the thought out of her mind and stayed calm. Then, she looked around. The lights of the housing estates were switched off, the shops were closed and she couldn't help helpless and lost.

She took in a deep breath and closed her eyes, then opened them and forced out a smile. "Stay calm, there must be a taxi or bus somewhere,” she murmured, assuring herself.


Even mentor wasn't with her. Wait, Kris.

"Kris.. Kris!" Sohyun whipped out her phone and dialled his number immediately. Her hope, her light.

"Sohyun?" he wondered as he picked up, and her voice that was filled with panic and fears made him anxious. "Sohyun. What happen?" Kris asked. Sohyun could say she felt better after hearing Kris's voice making her feel safe and warm.

"Kris. I'm lost. I don't know where I am now. It's raining out here, and I have no idea what to do," Sohyun croaked.

"Sohyun calmed down. Tell me where you are now," Kris said calmly, and listened attentively.

"I .. I don't know. I can't see. Everything's so blur."

Kris his lips nervously and immediately grabbed his clothes, changing into it. "Don't panic. Look for signs. There will be road signs, tell me where you are."

She looked around, left and right then spotted a big sign board, she walked closer and squinted her eyes. "Yu-Yuen Long. I'm at Yuen Long."

Kris heaved a sigh of relief. At least he brought her to the place before. He immediately ran out of his room and took a cab. "Alright. Tell me what do you see? For example, cinemas, markets or food stands."

"I see.. I see a food stand. It's still open," Sohyun said and she went forward, at least she wasn't alone. "But it's closing down soon." she bit her lip and watched as the owner closed the stand.

"What is beside the food stand?" he asked again.

Sohyun looked up at the shop's name. "A bakery, opposite the bakery is a.. Pub." She squinted her eyes.

Kris nodded. He knew where the place was. "Good. Sohyun, don't go anywhere. I know where you are, just stay put, I'll be there as soon as I can."

Sohyun sat down, bringing her knees to her chest as she looked left and right. All of the shops were closed, except for the pub, as the lights were still on. She saw strangers looking at her with weird looks, pointing at her with their bottles and laughed.

She felt helpless, pain and lost. The blood on her knee was still dripping, trickling down her skin and she could feel it hurt every single time she walked. 
She buried her face in her knees, squeezing her eyes shut. Hong Kong was such a stranger to her, and never had she wondered about alone in the dark, making her feel panicky and frightened.

That feeling haunted her ever since she was young, and now even she's an adult, she felt that same feeling again.

 

Her ears perked up at the sound of footsteps coming her way. She bit her lip, covering as tears trickled down her cheeks. Eight year old Sohyun took in a deep breath as she took a piece of cloth in the closet and held it close to her. The mouse outside of the cupboard squeaked as it crawled around the closet. She held her breath when she heard the footsteps stop. The rain could be heard outside of the room, sliding down the window frames as it made tapping sounds on it.

The door creaked open. Sohyun saw a shadow as the lightning flashed once more, followed by the thunderous roars in the sky.

She covered her ears and squeezed her eyes shut. She hate the rain. She hate the dark. She hate the cold.

The water droplets slide down the glass door of the telephone booth and she took in deep breaths as the door slowly creaked open.

"Sohyun.." Kris softly whispered, looking down on her, his eyes scanning for her face as he softened.

Sohyun slowly looked up from knees, and saw Kris smiling warmly at her. Then, the most unexpected thing she did was that she immediately wrapped her arms around his neck and hugged him, burying her face in his shoulders as she sobbed. The tears came swift and cold, rolling down her rosy cheeks. "Kris! 
I thought I was lost. I thought I won't be able to see you again!" Sohyun sobbed.

"It's alright now, I'm here," Kris softly whispered, her hair down and hugged her back. She held tightly on him, not daring to let go. Kris smiled and nodded his head. "I will never abandon you," he whispered and held her tight, burying his face into her hair, closing his eyes.

Sohyun nodded her head and her hug on him tightened. She felt safe with him, no longer lost or helpless. He was her pillar of support.

 

--


Her eyebrows were knitted together as she slept. "Don't." Sohyun murmured as she frowned and she looked like she was about to cry. The wound on her knee was covered with a plaster and she was back in her hotel. She squeezed her eyes and bit her lip, her fists clenching tightly and she woke up with a startle, a thin layer of sweat on her skin, startling Kris.

"What's wrong?" Kris asked anxiously, while Sohyun panted and shook her head, beads of perspiration trickling down. "It's just a nightmare," Kris said, while Sohyun sat up, panting and nodded her head. “I.. I kn-know.”

 

"Go back to sleep, Sohyun,” he whispered softly, curling a strand of hair behind her ear as she looked up at him and nodded. She closed her eyes, but that image just popped out and she sat up again, shaking her head. "I can't. I really can't."

Kris went to the side of the bed, and sat beside Sohyun, his legs snuggling warmly in the comforter. "Sleep," he instructed, and he placed her head on his chest, her hair.

Sohyun slowly closed her eyes, calming herself down. "It's alright. Just remember you're not alone." Kris tucked her in and sighed softly. She unconsciously wrapped her arms around his waist. She was exhausted from meeting clients and getting lost. She rested her head on his chest, closing her eyes as she slowly snuggled closer to him, and slowly falling asleep.

He caressed her cheek, her tears staining her cheeks and he softened. He wondered what actually happened to Sohyun in the past. She felt so lost just now, like she had experienced the feeling the before, but now all he had to do was to help her get rid of that lost feeling.
-----


GAHHH SCHOOL IS KILLING MEEEEEE, AGAIN .___.

I don't understand. One moment school is treating me leniently and the next second it's torturing me that it's taking up all of my time, even on weekends 24/7. Zzz. *Rolls eyes and pulls hair out*

And it's only the start of the year! Start of the year and I'm already freaking out. I think I will be six feet under the ground by the end of the year T^T 

Wow.

I deeply apologise to my readers who comment and didn't get a reply from me as I was too busy that I could only update *sniff sniff*

But here I am, updating :)

Hope you guys enjoy, and love y'all. :) *Throws hearts to one and every one of you out there*