First Start

Suit Romance

1

Sohyun stepped out of the elevator, beaming from war to ear, as she confidently walked into the chamber.

"First day as trainee lawyer, Hwaiting," she muttered excitedly, squealing.
She stopped at the door, and took in a deep breath, then smiled confidently, before opening the door.

"Good morning!" she beamed, hoping someone would wave or clap for her, but everyone's eyes were glued to their computers, as they walked in and out of the pantry, ignorant of Sohyun's presence.

"Ji Eun. Print this document, it's for Tao," YongShik said, as he passed the papers to Ji Eun and she walked off hurriedly, while YongShik walked back into his room.

Sohyun sighed and stood in the middle of the chamber, not knowing what to do. She held onto her briefcase firmly, pursing her lips and looked around.

YongShik suddenly came out of his room, as he peeked at Sohyun, then coming out of his room. "You are?" he raised an eyebrow at her, asking, while her smile formed again, and she bowed. "I'm Sohyun and I'm the new trainee-"

"Yes yes yes. I know I know. We'll be expecting a new trainee lawyer today, but we need to know who's your mentor," YongShik waved his hand, chewing on a bubblegum.

She paused for a moment, before digging into her briefcase, messing up her papers and she found the paper. "Uh, it is Kr-Kr-Kr-Is? Keris?" Sohyun asked. YongShik clasped his hands together and nodded. "Kris isn't it?" Sohyun immediately nodded her head, slightly embarrassed.

"Alright then, you have to wait for him to come back from the court. And for now, just sit in his room," YongShik said. She slowly went to the room and sat on the sofa, looking around.

She just realized, the chamber was quite big. Five rooms, and two shelves having law books that was beside YongShik's office.

Sohyun smiled. Her wish finally came true to be a trainee lawyer.

The door burst open, and Tao slung his arm around Kris’s neck, laughing as Tao entered the room.
Sohyun shot up immediately and she bowed. "Good morning mentor!” she chirped, while Tao blinked in surprise and shook her hand. “Who are you?” he asked, laughing and continuing to shake her hand.

“You’re Kris, aren’t you?” she asked, smiling and Tao burst out laughing, nodding his head. “You’re smart. Very smart,” he said and was pushed away by Kris. He grabbed his suitcase and placed it on the table, shoving files in while he shot Tao a look. “Stop playing Tao, she's my protege. Call Cherry here,” he instructed while Tao scoffed. “She’s on leave. You have to bring YOUR protégé along since she’s YOUR protégé,” he said. “Teach her well.” he patted his back.

Sohyun blinked in surprise as she scooted to Tao’s side. “So.. You’re not my mentor?” she asked and he shook his head. “That giant-I mean Kris, is your mentor,” he whispered back, pointing a finger at Kris.

She nodded her head and called out for Kris but he dashed out of the room in a blink of an eye.  "Ah yes, Kris, what am I suppose to do?" she asked, trying to catch up with the footsteps of the giant.

His blonde hair was gelled up and Sohyun could see his jawline clearly. His broad shoulders fit tightly under his black suit with a loose tie. 

"I'll be meeting a client, if you want, you can follow," Kris said as he stepped into the elevator, while she followed suit.

"Who?" Sohyun asked, breaking the silence in the lift. He looked down, and looked to the front. "A client, we have a xesual harassment case."

“Cool!” she exclaimed then quickly covered . “I mean, it’s a good chance for me to gather experience,” she quickly said, clearing .

Even though she didn’t meet his eyes, she definitely know what her mentor is thinking of her-Imbecile.

 

Now she felt like digging a hole and bury herself in to hibernate for eternity.
 


"Minji, tell us exactly what happen on that day," Kris said, as he shoved a notepad to Sohyun, while she looked up, puzzled. "What for?"

"Evidence. Witness. Statements. Get it?"

Sohyun immediately nodded her head, and took out a pen.

"I was actually with Hana, my colleague and we actually was at the pub to discuss the policy with our client, the defendant. And when Hana was in the toilet, he came close to me and.. He .." she started to cry and Sohyun panicked, quickly grabbing more tissues for her.

Minji took in a deep breath, and calmed herself down, then continued. "He was a big client, I can't offend him..." she murmured and Sohyun softened. Sohyun snapped out of her thoughts as Kris pulled her up. He thanked Minji before dragging Sohyun out of Minji's house. "Next stop, the pub."

 

The mentor and protege walked into the pub, as people shoved past them, all drunk even though it was just evening. Sohyun frowned and kept her hands to herself, as she tried avoiding people.
"Miss, you look familiar.." a drunk man approached her, and tilted her chin, while she forced a smile and tried escaping from his grip. "Sorry but I don't know you.."

His hand travelled from her chin to her waist, and she yelped and quickly escaped from his grip, with the help of Kris pulling her away. "We're here on a case not to flirt."

Sohyun immediately shook her head and pointed a finger at herself. "You thought I was flirting? I wasn't! I swear!"
"Keep quiet, you're noisy." He frowned, walking.
She sighed and followed him to the bar table, as Kris approached the bartender.
"Watch," Kris said, as he asked the details from the bartender.

"I saw Minji and her colleague together with the defendant that day. They frequently come to this place, to discuss policies with their clients. And it seems like that client they brought was quite influential," the bartender said, as he wiped the glass bottle.

"What do you mean by, influential?" Sohyun asked, taking down notes.

"Usually, MinJi 
would try to reject, but this time, she was actually forced to take it. I saw her reluctantly take it, and Hana didn't help to stop the client. If he wasn't a big influential to the company, then what?"

 

Sohyun leaned backwards and nodded her head.


"What a long day today," Sohyun groaned, massaging her neck. Kris went into his car, and wind down screen. "Need a lift?" he asked, taking out his phone.

Sohyun smiled and nodded her head. "But I need to back to law firm first-"

"Then sorry, not the same way," Kris
 said and drove off, while Sohyun gawked at him, as his car drove past her, and she blinked, staring at the car that was gone after a few seconds. "Is he really my mentor.."

 


"Besdinner I ever had," Sohyun slurped on the cup noodles, as her sister and grandfather eyed her, smiling widely. "How was the first day of work?" her sister asked, resting her chin on her palm, as she placed her elbow on the table.


"Not bad, but tiring," Sohyun said, suddenly shuddered at the thought of it, and continued eating her noodles when she got a call from Kris.

"Kris?" she asked, slurping on her noodles. "Sohyun I found some leads for the case and-wait. Is there renovation in your house? It's noisy and distracting," Kris frowned, and walked around the house, going through the documents as he talked on the phone.

Sohyun stopped and spat out the noodles. "Uh, the renovation stopped. So what did you say about the case?"

"I found some leads, and I need you to come to my house right now," Kris explained, while Sohyun frowned and look up at the clock. "But it's already so late."

"The case is more important, be here as soon as possible," Kris said and hung up.

"What? What did you say again? Kris? Hello? Urgh." Sohyun groaned, and grabbed her bag. "My mentor needs me, I need to go, bye!" Sohyun exclaimed and slam the door shut, then quickly opening the door and swiftly grabbed the cup noodles from the table before slamming the door shut.


 

She sighed and glanced at her watch. “Can’t believe mentors can be so domineering,” she mumbled, then rushed out of the elevator and pressed the doorbell. "But actually Kris is my ideal mentor. After some time and I guess I can manage." She smiled.

"Come in," Kris opened the door.Sohyun to step into his house, then looked around.

The house was big, marble flooring, and bright lights at every corner. The blue sofa that was designed as a semi circle, curling around the coffee table, and the television right in front of the table.

Everything look so organized and specially designed, but that piles of clothes and documents filled the whole house, some were thrown on the table, sofa and even on the ceiling fan which damage the style of the house.

If Sohyun were to grade the house, it's a fail with thousands of exclamation marks behind it.

Kris’s voice snapped her thoughts as she whipped her head to the dining table. "There are two witnesses. One is her colleague, the other is the bartender, but her colleague didn’t see the incident, so only the bartender and Minji knows the truth, and it can be just the bartender's own story," Kris mumbled to himself, while Sohyun shook her head.
"I object. You cannot challenge the witness testimony without evidence."

Kris shot her a look, and sighed. "I'm just trying to know the case more."

She approached the dining table slowly as she tapped her chin. "If the client is an important client, then it is also possible that Min Ji wanted to stop drinking, but was forced by the defendant, and when the defendant tried harassing her, she resisted but that didn't stop the defendant," Sohyun mumbled, while Kris whacked her head with the file, and she winced, blinking at Kris.

 

Did he just, smack her head?


"You're just saying the obvious. I called you for the sake of analyzing the case, not to talk nonsense." He paced around the house, while Sohyun could only sit at the cleanest seat, the dining table.

"You know your place is really messy.." Sohyun mumbled as she picked his white shirt with her two fingers from the dining table and threw it at the sofa.

She shuddered.

"Be my maid then," Kris said, as he whacked her head again with the file and she frowned. "Concentrate," he hissed and walked around the house.

"Her actions are somewhat similar to an article that was common a few years ago," Sohyun said and tapped her chin, while Kris nodded. "I need you to find the article that rose to attention, it can be considered as reference."

Sohyun smiled nodded her head eagerly. “Yes, sir.”

-----


Hey guys! I initially wanted to update the first chapter after I get the poster, but .. I had the sudden urge to update so yeah.. Anyway! First chapter up for the new story! Enjoy! ^^ 

P.S. Poster coming soon :)