Future Family

Suit Romance

48

“Kris, do you think this fruit basket is big enough? Do you think we should buy a bigger one?” Sohyun asked.

It was the umpteenth time she asked Kris and it was abit too late to change now because, they were already at his mother’s doorstep.

To add on to that, Kris had already rung the doorbell.

“It’s a weekend. My siblings should be around,” he said.

The door opened and Kris’ mother smiled brightly at the sight of Kris and Sohyun. “Sohyun! Kris! Welcome!”

His mother dragged her towards the sofa and sat beside her. Kris cleared his throat. “Uhm, eomma, Sohyun bought a fruit basket for you.” He handed it to her and she thanked Sohyun. “Ah yes, where is-“

“KRISSSSSS!!!!!”

Sohyun looked up to see his siblings engulfed him in a hug and he collapsed to the ground, groaning while the other three teenagers were having fun. Sitting on him, pulling his ear, ruffling his hair as they screamed and laughed hysterically.

It seems like their relationship is really close, really, close.

“AISH ENOUGH!” Kris hollered at the three and they both giggled and then got up on their feet, helping their eldest brother up and dusted his suit.

Kris shot a look at all of them and they immediately zipped their lips, looking away when they turned their attention to Sohyun.

1, 2, 3.

“HELLO SISTER-IN-LAW!!!!!!!” they screamed and shouted and they engulfed Sohyun into a big bear hug and bugged her left and right.

“YAH!” Kris hollered once more and they shot him a look then got up from the sofa and grumbled. “Tsk,” they grumbled in unison. They whispered with one another and soon cracked into a smile.

If Sohyun remembered, the youngest would be the girl in high school. The second older one in college and second younger to be in high school in his final year.

“You, you, and you. We have a guest, please mind your behaviour,” Kris said, pointing a finger at them.

All three of them strained their necks to look up at Kris and tilted their heads, leaning their ears towards Kris in unison. “Huh? What did you say? We can’t hear you,” the older brother said and blew a raspberry. “Kris, can you please go for a shrink surgery, you’re too tall,” he said sadly.

Kris blinked in surprise and pointed a finger at him. “I told you how many times not to call me Kris. Call me hyung, where are you manners,” he softly chided.

“Kr-Hyung,” the second youngest one said. “Sohyun is not a guest. She is our future sister-in-law,” he corrected, and walked towards Sohyun, placing an arm around her shoulder. “Hello, sister-in-law,” he chirped and waved. Sohyun smiled and pinked. “Hello.”

“Omo! She’s blushing! How cute! No wonder Kris you love her so much that you talk about her to us even on the phone whenever-“

“Shush it will you!” Kris immediately cupped his brother’s mouth and ignored his brother’s muffled screams while Kris slowly turned red.

Kris mentally smacked himself as he loosened his ties. It’s always chaos whenever the three siblings are always against him.

It’s always been like this since young. And sometimes Kris must really concede defeat. It was like having BT, Tao and an extra Tao which is like a clone of Tao in his house.

Crazy. Madness.

“Sohyun, so, do you live with your parents?” Kris’ mother asked.

“My parents have passed away, so I live with my grandfather and my older sister,” she replied.

“Do you like children?”

“Wh-what?”

The older brother came and hopped onto the couch, sitting beside his mother. “Yea! Do you like children? Kris looooves children. It would be best if you can form one soccer team.” He grinned and the other siblings nodded, laughing.

Kris sat beside Sohyun. “Uhm, omma, you’re scaring Sohyun..”

“Hello sister-in-law! What are you eight characters? I have this app on my phone that checks your compatibility with Kris,” she said.

Kris whacked her head. “Stop it.”

“Kris, it’s alright,” Sohyun said, holding his hand. “Actually my grandfather checked it out for us. And he says we’re quite compatible.”

“Quite? What do you mean quite?” the youngest one raised an eybrow.

Kris held Sohyun’s hand. “It means Sohyun is humble. Quite equals to very. So it’s actually very compatible,” he explained.

The three siblings cooed in unison and pointed a finger that their hands. “Look how fast our brother defends for sister-in-law. We’re losing our brother!” they cried.

Kris rolled his eyes. “But don’t you always want to lose your brother?” He raised an eyebrow.

The three siblings stifled a laughter after their joke was exposed. “Sigh, our brother is always the smartest brother in the world! I actually pity, ourselves. We look like retards.”

They laughed in unison and immediately ran back to their rooms, and their laughters can be heard even from the lift outside.

 

“I like your brothers and sister, they’re really nice and they make the house very lively,” she said.

“And your mother is nice too.”

Kris laughed. “Try spending half of your life with them. Being pestered, distrubed when you’re trying to concentrate and study for college examinations. It was really hard.”

They entered the lift. When the lift door closed, Sohyun immediately scooted closer to Kris. “What’s wrong?” Kris asked.

“I can hold onto you any second if the lift breaks down,” she whispered.

Kris nodded and grinned. He looked straight at the lift door and grabbed her waist forcefully, pulling her closer to his body.

Sohyun immediately smacked his arm, consciously looking up at the camera that was at the corner of the ceiling. “There’s people watching us, behave yourself,” she whispered.

Kris turned and looked up. He sighed and shrugged his shoulders. “Come on, it’s alright. Let’s say hi, say hi~” he cooed and waved at the camera while Sohyun burst into laughter, shaking her head in amusement.

Kris then slowly cornered her and pinned her against the wall. He had a crooked smile on his face and he curled a strand of hair around her ear.

“Don’t be scared, we’ve kissed in here before, right?” he whispered seductively into her ear.

“Uhm, Kris…”

He ignored her, and slowly leaned forward, closing his eyes.

The lift door slowly opened and Kris immediately faced the front, fixed his shirt and held a straight face.

Sohyun grinned and walked to his side. “Seems like you’re the one who is scared,” she jokingly replied before walking off, biting back a smile.

-----


Oh my god I'm so sorry guys I promised to update weekly but I failed to do so! Omg I'm so sorry for making you wait okay so here's the short chapter and I promise I'll update ASAP maybe next week..?

Love ya!