Scandalous

Suit Romance

27

After that day, Sohyun has been conscientiously helping Kris out with his mother's case for two main reasons.
One, to help Kris's mother.
Two. To forget the incident that happened in the lift. And to her delight, she really forgot about it.


 

 


Sohyun tapped her chin and pondered, looking at the document in her hand and also looking at the mini mart.

For the past few days, she went around with Kris to meet the patients, and also to gather information. They contacted the police and read the statements given by the patients who were poisoned and were sent to the hospital.

"If it wasn't Kris's mother's fault, then would it be other food they consumed?" she asked herself and walked into the mini mart.

She scanned through the food displayed and she dragged her fingers across. She couldn't help but feel tempted to buy one or two chips to stock up the house, but then she was supposed to work.

As she grabbed a packet of chips, a stranger bumped into her and she dropped the chips. Looking back at Sohyun, the stranger bowed and walked out, gripping onto the bag he slung over his shoulder tightly.
Sohyun glanced at the stranger and rubbed her elbow then picked up the chips and sighed, before placing it back and walked off.

"Yah! I know you stole it! Give it back or I'll call the police!" the owner yelled as he gripped onto the collar of a man, glaring at him while he didn't flinch and just looked down. "I didn't," he murmured.

Sohyun turned back at the commotion, seeing the owner gripping onto the collar of the man harshly, about to beat him up. "I told you I didn't,” he hissed back at the owner.

"Of course you would deny. You're an ex convict after all, not surprising if you would even steal a 20 000 won and deny, not to mention the amount of cash in the safe," the owner spat and glared at him. "Joon was away and you're the one who could enter the counter, if it wasn't you then who did?!" he shouted once again, and Joon walked in. "What's wrong? Why are you gripping onto Jiho's collar?" he asked.

"I'm glad you're here Joon. This Jiho just stole our money!" he spat while Joon immediately shook his head. "No he didn't! You told me to bank it into your account, remember?"

He slowly loosened the grip on Jiho's collar and frowned. "Then why didn't you tell me earlier?! Both of you, get to work now!" he ordered and went to the back door.

Sohyun glanced at Jiho, who just went back to work, wasn't being affected because of his boss's yelling and embarrassing him in public. "Hey, you alright?" Joon asked Jiho as he placed a hand on his shoulder and Jiho nodded. "I'm fine. Let's just get back to work."

He was a middle aged man, around his forties and he wore a green blouse, with stripes on it and his name stitched to it. Go JiHo

Sohyun walked back home after the commotion was over, admiring how that man could actually bear the embarrassment and still continue his work as usual.


The more she looked at the files on her table, the more ideas and solutions was popping in her mind. She was close to the answer, but she didn't know what. The twenty patients all had one similarity in their statements, but Sohyun looked again, she couldn't see it.

Her phone buzzed and she picked it up. "Kris?" she called, biting her lip as she frowned, looking at the statements.

"I'm now outside of your house, could you help me open the door? I have some leads that may help," he said and locked his car.

Sohyun immediately shuffled her way to the door and opened the door for him.

BT and Sohyun's sister was at Tao's house. They explored every single corner of the house, their eyes lighting up at every single detail and BT was so excited when he entered Tao's wine cellar.
"Beautiful! Splendid! It's been such a long time since I found someone that could enjoy some nice wine with me," BT exclaimed and laughed heartily, then going up to his bedroom.
"Now, from here I can look at your house with this telescope. Want to check it out?" Tao asked and handed it to BT. He squinted his eyes and adjusted the height, nodding his head and smiled.

"You should have one too," Tao said and took it back from BT then gave it to Sohyun's sister. "This quality is good.." she murmured then handed it over back to Tao. He adjusted and looked at Sohyun's bedroom, the curtains were open, and it was easy to spy.

"Let's visit omma again. I think there are some things we ought to know. She said that even her regular customers like BigHead Goo and Splintnail Yang were poisoned. It definitely isn't because of her food hygiene," Kris said and Sohyun nodded her head.

"Then I'll get my briefcase and we can go," Sohyun said and went up the stairs.

As she walked down and took her briefcase, she could see a creature moving. From the corner of her eye, she saw it move again.
When she looked down at the floor, she saw a cockroach and she immediately screamed, dropping her briefcase and ran up the stairs.
Kris's ears immediately perked up and he ran up the stairs. "Sohyun! What's wrong?"

Tao, BT and Sohyun's sister heard a scream, a familiar one.

They whipped their heads towards BT's house and they heard the scream again. "It's Sohyun!" her sister gasped and ran down but was held back by BT. "Take a look from the telescope first!"

Tao squinted his eyes and moved it, looking at Sohyun's room through the glass window. "No one's in Sohyun's room," he reported to BT and Sohyun's sister. He then adjusted it and moved it to the next glass window, to see Sohyun running as she screamed for help. "Hold on a sec, I see Sohyun now, I think she's going back to her room."

When he moved the telescope down to the next glass window, he saw Kris, anxious as he climbed up the stairs. "Hold on! I see.. Kris! Is he chasing after Sohyun?!" his eyes bulged out, and the three of them exchanged looks.

"Sohyun what's wrong?!" Kris shouted again anxiously.

"Cockroach!" she screamed again and ran into her room, then tripped on the wire which was left on the floor, connecting to an electric fan and she fell on her bed, groaning.

Kris immediately went up to her bedroom and ran after her, coincidentally tripping on the thick wire and fell on the bed, beside Sohyun.

"Woah!" Tao shouted in excitement, and grinned even wider. "What is it? What is it?" BT asked anxiously, anticipating. "They both tripped and fell on each other." He grinned, while the three of them burst into laughter.

"Check what they're doing, quick," Sohyun's sister rushed and Tao narrowed his eyes, frowning and shaking his head. "The wall blocked the bed, I can only see their legs dangling off the bed, and they're beside each other.." his voice trailed off, and they burst into laughter again. "Aigoo, they're still not married, it’s scandalous!" BT clasped his hands together and shook his head, in amusement. "But I like it." He grinned, and all three of them laughed hysterically.

Kris squeezed his eyes shut and rested his head on the bed, groaning. "Sohyun what's wrong.." he muttered, looking up at the ceiling and she faced the ceiling. "Cockroach.." she mumbled.

They both faced each other at the same time, and Sohyun held her breath and gulped, her whole face reddening and she quickly scrambled up.

"AHHHH!!! Sohyun's getting off the bed!" Tao shouted and waved at BT and Sohyun's sister as his eyes were fixed on the telescope. “SOHYUN DON’T!” he shouted.

Kris grabbed her wrist and pulled her down, next to him, looking into her eyes.  Sohyun blinked in surprise as her face reddened even more and her pulse quickened.

"Woah!" All three of them exchanged looks and gawked.

Grabbing her waist, he pulled her closer to him and bit his lip. He held her face and slowly leaned forward, pressing his lips against hers, catching her off guard as her eyes widened, and he closed his eyes, tightening his grip on her waist and neck. His touch on her sent tingles down her spine.

"I had no idea Kris actually like Sohyun to the extend that.." Tao's voice trailed off and BT looked into the telescope.

He kissed her passionately, caressing her cheek while she stared at him blankly, blinking while Kris opened his eyes and looked into her eyes.

She immediately pushed him away and looked at the other side. She placed her hand on her chest, feeling her heartbeat getting quicker and quicker.

She quickly scrambled up and swallowed, looking down at the floor as she curled a few strands of hair behind her ear, calming her nerves. "I think.. I think we should set off as soon as possible," she said and quickly ran out of her room.

"BOOOO," They sighed and rolled their eyes. "The show's over." BT pouted and Tao patted his shoulder. "I'll share some wine with you down at the wine cellar, to celebrate the kiss they shared." Tao wiggled his eyebrows at BT, and he nodded, happily walking down.

The journey was silent. Non of them spoke up and Sohyun actually wanted to keep it that way. That image kept flashing in her mind, and to make it worse, that image made her think about the incident. 

Gahh, how many times had she kissed him? She had no idea, and she daren't think about it. 

-----