Vacation

Suit Romance
11
After Tao refused going back to the tent, the three of them wandered around the streets, going to different stalls to eat and buy.
They slowly wandered off to the beach, where it was a desolated place, only having a few stands in front of the beach selling souvenirs.
Tao immediately rushed to the book stand, browsing through magazines and newspapers when once caught his eye.

He grinned mischievously at the magazine, with a woman in a bikini in it, showing off her thighs, while Kris covered Tao’s eyes. “Excuse me, you’re a kid,” he said while Tao shot him a look. “I’m lovesick, and I am an adult,” he said while Kris looked at him and scoffed out loud.

“Are you? Your actions tell me otherwise.” He raised an eyebrow while Tao scoffed and handed it to the owner. “I’ll pay for this magazine,” he proudly said , and Kris shook his head, giving up.

Sohyun smiled at the picture of the postcard, while Kris tilted his head, trying to get a better view of the postcard. “The sun set’s beautiful, isn’t it?” she asked, smiling and Kris nodded his head. “London really is spectacular.”
“Let’s go!” Tao chirped as he led the way, while Kris and Sohyun could hardly catch up with him. When they turned to the left, Tao disappeared. They looked around, searching for Tao but still, that lovesick Tao wasn’t there.
“Oh no,” Sohyun whispered as she fiddled with her phone, calling Tao but there was no answer. “It’s directed to 
voicemail,” Kris said as he hung up and frowned. “Told that guy to stop wandering around and he just won’t listen. Now he has gone missing,” he grumbled and Sohyun bit her lip. “Or is it us, that’s lost?” she asked.
It then dawned upon Kris. “Tao has been to London before, but we have not,” Kris said and their eyes rounded in 
surprise. They walked around the place, looking for street signs or and taxis, wandering aimlessly for twenty minutes, and still not signs of Tao.
Sohyun clasped her hands together. “It’s alright! We can easily flag for a taxi and bring us back to the hotel,” she said but her smile immediately faded when they found out that they didn’t brought enough money, because Tao was the one holding onto the money. 

 

They sighed and walked on the sand, kicking the sand while they tried thinking of a way to get back to the hotel before night. "If there aren't any trucks, I guess we have to spend the night here," he said, sighing. "On the beach."

Just then, the skies slowly turned into an orange sky as the sun slowly began to set. The golden rays surrounding the sun pierce through the sky, slowly went under the sea, having just a semicircle popping from the surface of the water. Their eyes rounded in surprise at how beautiful it was. Captivating.

Sohyun immediately grabbed the postcard out from her bag and stretched it out, comparing the sun. “It’s almost the same!” she exclaimed.

The scene was just breathtaking, seeing a beautiful picture that you can hardly believe it’s right in front of your eyes, and there’s unlimited amount of words to describe how beautiful the sunset is, and when you finally found one word to describe it, the sun was already gone, and there was only pink and red skies, the sun was gone in the water.
“That’s fast,” she whispered and was dragged by Kris. “Come on, we need to find our way out here.”
“But how? There’s hardly any cars passing by,” she said and she immediately spotted one. “A truck!” they both exclaimed and immediately stood in front of it, waving their hands as they jump, gaining the attention of the driver.
 
They immediately went up to the driver, smiling. “Sorry, but can we hitch a ride? We’re tourists and now we’re kind of lost,” Kris explained and the driver exchanged looks with the passenger, then shrugged. “Alright, hop onto the back of the lorry,” he said.
Kris and Sohyun smiled as they bowed, grateful. Kris hopped on the back of the truck, then stretched his hand out for Sohyun to take it, then lifted her up on the back of the truck.

--

The journey was long, and as the journey took longer, the night came closer and it became cold and chilly. 
Sohyun rubbed her bare hands against her shoulders and blew hot air into her palms, rubbing them.
But even though it was windy and chilly, Sohyun always had a smile on because she enjoyed every moment of it. The wind blew against her face, the wind sometimes knocking her out and she felt she was about to be blown away, but she find it exciting and fun. She looked as the birds flew past her and she giggled, waving at them.

Kris looked at her then up at the sky. "Can't believe you could understand pigeon language," he said while Sohyun blinked. "There's pigeon language?"

"Of course," he replied and Sohyun smiled. "Really?"

"That pigeon that flew past said, 'jeep jeep jeep. Chirp jeep jeep, chip chip jeeeeeppp,'" he imitated and Sohyun cracked a smile. "What does that mean?" she asked excitedly. "It means you're crazy how can there even be pigeon language," he snapped at her and turned to the other side, rolling his eyes.

Sometimes he can't believe he got a protege who is so gullible.

Sohyun snorted and quirked her lips to one side. "Ah yes, Kris," she spoke. "Juwon told me that your name is actually an acronym. K stands for Knowledgeable, R for responsible, I for Impartial, then what about S?" she asked and he shrugged. "It's been quite some time.. I can't really remember. Maybe, xesy?" he suggested and Sohyun coughed as she pounded her chest.

She bit her lip and stifled a laugh. "I see."

Even though xesy may sound reasonable, but when it came out from Kris's mouth, it sounded terribly weird and unbelievable. If it came out from Tao's mouth instead, she could understand because she understood his jokes, but when the word came out from her mentor's mouth, it sounded weird. Toooo weird.

 

Soon, her eyelids became heavy, her head dropping backwards and she slowly drifted off to sleep. Kris, that was beside her, hugged his knees tightly, and looked around. Trees went past in a blink of an eye, the sea that was on his left was making gentle sounds and he looked at Sohyun, her head resting on his shoulder, and he could felt her body trembling and shivering. 
Her arms hugged her knees, trying to keep herself as warm as possible, but she was still shivering. Kris took off his jacket and covered her upper body, then slowly pried open her hand, rubbing it smoothly as he slowly gave her warmth.
Her body stopped trembling, and her hand unconsciously held tightly on his hand, the warmth slowly passing through.
He sofly smiles, curling his fingers together with hers. He hesitated, but softly rubbed his thumb on her skin. He looked at Sohyun closely, noticing her facial features and her hair that blowing near her face. He slowly curled a strand of hair behind her ear, and nodded. “Looks more formal now." He smiled.
Then, he just realized that it was only until now that he was finally able to look thoroughly and carefully at her face, closely. He cocked his head to one side and softened, stilling staring at her face. 
His phone in his pocket vibrated, breaking the silence and he quickly answered the call with his free hand. “Tao?” he called out.
 
“Kris!” he wailed. “Never am I coming to London again! There’s so many pickpockets over here! My passport, money, jacket and my magazine is all gone! Help! I’m at the police station!” he yelled over the phone, saying everything in one breath while Kris groaned and nodded. “Alright. I’m coming,” he said.
He placed his phone back into his pocket then looked at Sohyun before dozing off, resting his head on her head.
 
When he opened his eyes again, the colour of the skies were lighter, and he realized it was dawn. He quickly looked around and hopped off the truck after waking Sohyun up. “We’re there,” he said. Sohyun rubbed her eyes and nodded her head, slowly walking towards the hotel.
When she turned back, she didn’t see Kris with her. She was worried and she looked around.
 
She saw Kris heading to the opposite direction and she frowned, biting her lip. She immediately called out for him. “Kris!” She waved worriedly. He turned back, looking at Sohyun. “I’ll be back, just wait for me,” he replied, giving her an assuring smile. A genuine and promising smile.
She nodded and smiled back.
 
Kris walked out of the police station with Tao behind him. “Kris, I’m hungry.” He pouted, while Kris shot the panda a look. Indeed Tao really looked like some kind of panda. After staying up in the police station without sleeping a wink to wait for Kris, his panda eyes just got worse. “Starve yourself,” Kris said and hailed a taxi while Tao wailed. “I’m lovesick!”
 
“I’m on a business trip and I might be late!” Kris snapped back at Tao and he immediately shut his mouth. “Let’s go,” the giant said and pushed the panda into the taxi before he himself got in. “Kris I think I’ll just stay in the hotel, I’m having a bit of a hangover,” he said and walked into the hotel, his steps wobbly and unsteady while Kris waited for Sohyun.
 
“We’ll be meeting the professionals that will need to help us testify in court, so we need to meet them as soon as possible,” he said and she nodded. Tao stayed in the hotel, groaning as his tummy rumbled. “Man, I should have my breakfast in the police station,” he grumbled and looked up at the ceiling. “It’s great to be lovesick,” he giggled. “No work, no clients, no girls. Only me and only me,” he sighed contently and grinned.
 
--
 
“KRIS!” Tao called out as he hugged the giant. “MY LOVESICK DAY, IS FINALLY OVER!” he exclaimed, stretching his arms out as he jumped while Sohyun cracked a smile, nodding. They were back in Korea, after everything went almost smoothly without Tao's disturbance.
 
He took in a deep breath, having his nostrils to expand a hundred times bigger, and he sighed contently. “Time to work,” he whispered and grinned. "Kris!" Tao exclaimed, as he barged into his room, then apologizing. "Am I interrupting you two?" Sohyun shook her head. "I'll go out first-"

"No no. You have to stay, it's about you," Tao said, which made Sohyun and Kris confused. She raised an eyebrow at him and pointed a finger at herself. "About me?" Sohyun asked as she pointed a finger at herself.

Tao slammed the table and grinned. "I need to borrow your Sohyun for a few days, for work.” He grinned and Kris blinked in surprise. “Wow, didn’t know you actually had work to do,” he thought while the panda shot him a look. “Apparently, I was surprised too,” he replied and scoffed. “You should motivate me by lending your Sohyun, right?”

"Borrow me?" Sohyun asked upon his request and Kris immediately shook his hand. “One, she’s not my Sohyun, she’s my protégé. Two, you should tell me the reason. Three, definitely nothing good is going to come out.”

"Apparently, my assistant isn't free, so I need some help. And since Kris doesn't have a lot of cases right now, I guess you could come right?" Tao asked, fiddling with his fingers.

Kris looked down at his work, hesitating, while Sohyun cleared . “Shouldn’t you ask me?” she spoke up. Kris looked at her and sighed. “I’m fine with anything.” 
Sohyun grinned and nodded. “I think it’s time I can garner some experience from Tao, I would like to take this opportunity to learn from-“
 
“So it’s settled!” Tao exclaimed. He clasped his hands together bowed deeply. "Thank you Kris! I'll bring her back as soon as the case closes," Tao exclaimed, and he swiftly brought Sohyun to his room. "Tao, what case are we going to do?" Sohyun asked, while he took his suit from his chair, and ran out. "Police station!"

Sohyun quickly ran after him out of the firm, but when she reached the entrance door, the door swung back, and Sohyun knocked into it. She stumbled backwards but a pair of arms swiftly grabbed her shoulders tightly.

She rubbed her forehead and squinted her eyes, looking at the papers that was everywhere.
She traced the hands supporting her and looked up at Kris, then smiled.
She quickly scrambled up to her feet, picking up.
"Are you alright?" Kris asked, as he helped her up. "I'm fine thanks." she smiled and bent down, coincidentally knocking into Kris' head, and she winced.

"Aish so clumsy, just stay here. I'll help pick up your files in case you knock into me again," Kris muttered and bent down picking up the files while Sohyun smiled. "Thanks."

When Sohyun got the files, she immediately thought of Tao who was waiting for her downstairs. "Oh no! I'm late, I got to go!" Sohyun turned and bumped into the door again, stumbling backwards and she ran out.

Kris chuckled, and shook his head in amusement, then went back to his office.
-----