Teaching in Progress

Suit Romance
17
Sohyun smiled and stopped washing the dishes. "Sorry, I felt that I had to distance myself from you because I couldn't even understand what you are doing," she chuckled and Kris blinked.

What?

"I felt that you were some kind of sinister mentor because when I first met you, I find it hard to communicate. It is like you would never act to teach as a mentor, instead you just wants me to be independent and learn everything myself by just showing what you do. But sometimes I can't really understand what you do, and you don't really bother to explain everything to me, it was like .. Like you are quite reluctant to teach me, or even guide me," Sohyun said everything in one breath and she sighed.
She didn't actually knew that once a word comes out, the next word would just flow out from  naturally, and she just totally poured out everything she thought about Kris.
Kris. Mind. Blown.

That was his first ever protege. And he, as a mentor failed in the eyes of his protege. He softened, his eyes lowering down.

He wanted to speak but Sohyun continued. "First day of work. It was already dusk and you wouldn't send me to back to the law firm and you left me stranded on the streets which I actually had no idea where I was because I have never been to that place before. You get it?"

Kris slightly chuckled and his face reddened after what Sohyun had spoken up. He nodded his head and pursed his lips. "I understand. I didn't know what I had done can also be considered as sinister."

"But now you're doing quite well in teaching me. I'm serious. You seem to know how I'm progressing and at least I could communicate with you fairly well. You just need to guide me and teach well that's all. I'm really fine," Sohyun quickly added, while Kris nodded his head again, stifling his laugh. *Shouldn’t I be the one saying I'm fine after all your comments of me..*

Kris washed his hands and dried them clean before speaking up again."Alright then. I guess you're prepared for it."

"Prepared for what?"

"Socializing," Kris said. Sohyun tilted her head and furrowed her eyebrows. "Socializing?"

"Well. We get clients by socializing at events. And this upcoming event is a charity fun event. We get to meet with philanthropists, then having good rapport with them, and also giving them legal advice. But since you're still a trainee lawyer, you can't give them any advice. But you can tag along, so in the future you would be able to understand on how to socialize," he explained clearly, while Sohyun nodded her head. "Seems like a lot of fun." She smiled and washed the last bowl.

He immediately brightened up and he bit back his smile. "Alright then. But first, I need to give you some training lessons on how to socialize."

"You even need lessons on how to socialize? That's tough," Sohyun commented and laughed, while Kris nodded his head in agreement.

Those three matchmakers slowly crept away from the kitchen door and went into the living room, silently giggling. "Can't believe Sohyun has finally cleared what she had wanted to say about Kris, and Kris didn't blow up. Amazing impact Sohyun had on Kris.." Tao whispered, tapping his chin, while they agreed.

Those three matchmakers are now up to something again.

"Well, now we need to have another meeting. And soon.." BT's voice trailed off, as they laughed again, but quickly quietened down, silently giggling.

 

--


"Mentor. Here are the files for tomorrow's trial. If there's nothing on, I'll get going first," Sohyun said and she placed the files down, while Kris stopped her. "Wait." 
She stopped and turned. "The charity ball is this tomorrow, and.. Wait. Do you know how to drink wine?" he asked and raised an eyebrow.

She bit her lip and looked down at her shoes, shaking her head. "I knew it," he said and sighed. "It's alright. Then you really need to come for socializing lessons. I guess I can do it at Tao's house if he doesn’t mind."

"He won't mind. Of course he won't," Sohyun beamed excitedly. "Then we can do it at Tao's house tonight," she said, grinning as she excused herself.

Tao walked in and raised an eyebrow at Kris. "Ah yes, it's great that you're here. We're going to need your house tonight," Kris said while he looked through the files, flipping through pages. "Sure. But, what for?" Tao asked and he sat down, taking a cup of coffee from Kris' desk and drank it.

"To drink wine."

Tao immediately spat out the drink as he coughed and lean forward. "Wh-what?!"

"Yah! Don't spit your saliva and cough on my documents," he snapped and immediately threw the tissue box at Tao. "I need to teach Sohyun how to socialize for tomorrow's upcoming charity ball. And you know that you have wine at your place.."

"On second thought, no. You are never going to use my wine. You teach her with water or ribena. Just take whatever kind of drink that has the same colouring as wine. Never do you take my precious winealright," Tao said as he quickly left the room, leaving Kris in a daze, raising an eyebrow at Tao. He didn't care what Tao said because at the last minute, he will just definitely agree.

"Tao," he called out. "What does S stands for in my name by the way? I don't remember," he said while Tao rolled his eyes. "I don't know, just choose any word starting with S. xesy, simple, stupid .. or just put Sohyun in," he grumbled while Kris threw a file at him. "Shut your nonsense."

--

When night fall, Tao indeed forgot about the incident Kris wanting to borrow his house and wine for the night when it came to dinner.

"Did Tao agree?" Sohyun asked Kris as he waited for Tao to open the gate, while he nodded his head. "Just some persuasion will do," he lied.
Tao opened the gate, and glanced at the both of them, and groaned. "Kris I told you I'm not lending you my wine!" he groaned.

Sohyun looked at Kris. "I thought you said-"

Kris nodded his head then went in. "I'll pay double, just a bottle of wine, it won't cost a lot of money. And we won't drink all of it. We won't be drunk relax," Kris said, while Tao's ears immediately perked up.

Drunk?

He slowly looked up at the ceiling, thinking the consequences and also the outcome if he lent him his wine bottle. His smile widened even more as he thought even deeper. He dreamily stared into space, and silently giggled at the thought of it, making snorting noises as he tried stifling his laugh. 

Kris raised an eyebrow at him, then waved his hand in his face, but he was just dreamily staring into space. He whacked Tao's head, frowning. "Hey. What are you thinking of?"

Tao giggled and bit his lip, preventing that silly grin of his reaching his eyes. "On third thought, I think it would be a GREAT idea to lend you this house and also my wine. It would be a great honour to serve you well," Tao said and went to his wine cellar. "Now, I'll help you pick the strongest wine for you to taste with Sohyun."

"Thanks but no thanks. I can pick it up myself. Ah yes, and I remembered. I can't just take one bottle, I guess I need to take a few bottles-"

"You need a few?!" Tao's eyes widened in horror as he shouted at Kris, then quickly simmered down, having that smile plastered on his face again. "No problem. I just remembered I forgot something in BT's house, I'll be at their house, and the only house key is with me, so don't bother trying to find when you're done, and actually I'll be back quite fast, so be patient." Once Tao finished, he immediately dashed out of his house and locked the door, then quickly walked back in again.

He plucked out the television cables and all electronic devices, then placing it into his safe box as he grinned and smirked.
"Chuh, you will have no entertainment for the rest of the night that you will have to resort to drinking for the night and oops. Congrats," he muttered under his breath as he praised himself.

 

Then, he quickly ran out of the house and locked the door, then locked the door with an extra padlock, giggling to himself.
"Aish you Kris. You really owe me a lot. My sacrifice for you is really huge I'm telling you." He grinned as he walked to BT's house, to celebrate the news with BT. 



"Usually after the bottle is opened, we let it rest for five minutes to an hour to give the wine time to interact with the oxygen in the air for the aroma to diffuse," Kris said and he opened the bottle of wine, while Sohyun nodded her head, understanding.

"Before we taste the wine we have to lightly swirl the wine for more oxidation, then take a sip. Before you swallow it, keep it in your palate for some time. It will leave an aftertaste aroma of red wine," he explained clearly and drank, while Sohyun just sat opposite him and watched him drink.

"Ah yes. How do you differentiate good wine and bad wine?" Sohyun asked. "It depends on the origin, how it's kept and how it's brewed. Twenty to thirty years kept makes it vintage." 
Sohyun nodded her head and smiled. "Didn't know you would know so much about wine." She laughed.

After teaching her a few more points he nodded his head and sighed. "I guess we're done. Remember to wear nicely tomorrow. I'll get going now," Kris said as he tried opening the door. Sohyun followed him and found out that the door was lock. "Is there an extra key?"

Kris shook his head. "Tao moved in here not too long ago. He wouldn't have the time to make an extra pair, we just need to wait for him." He sighed and looked at Sohyun while he slumped back down in his seat. Sohyun sighed and walked to the sofa. She tried switching on the television, but it just didn't start. She frowned and took a closer look. "The cable's missing." She sighed.

"That means there's nothing to watch?" Kris asked and he groaned. He went up to use his computer. 
All were not functioning. "Then what do we do?" Sohyun asked worriedly. "We just have to wait. He's not picking up his calls," Kris muttered and kept his phone in his pocket.

Sohyun yawned, patting her cheeks as she tried staying awake. 

They waited for 30 minutes and Tao still isn't back. Kris glanced at Sohyun's face. "Tired? You can sleep first, I think I would like to taste Tao's wine first," Kris said as he gently shook the glass and sipped it.

They sat at the dining table, with the leftover wine bottles on the table. Kris causally took the wine bottles and poured into his glass, then drank it. "Or do you want to try some again?" Kris asked and Sohyun hesitated. He took the initiative and poured some wine in the glass, passing it to Sohyun. "Drink. Tao always keeps the best wine in the firm."

Sohyun smiled. She took a sip and coughed. "I didn't know wine would be so bitter. Yuck," she coughed it out while Kris chuckled. "You'll get used to it." She sighed. "What else can I do besides drinking wine now," she mumbled and yawned. "You can sleep," Kris said and sipped on his wine, while Sohyun shook her head and yawned again. "But that's not very nice to impose others.." she laughed awkwardly. She took another sip and hiccupped, her face slowly turning red as her vision blurred.

"Well you slept in his house before, not really a big problem."

"But that was because of work.." Sohyun mumbled and looked down at the wine. He sighed and walked into Tao's room. "I'll sleep then. Goodnight." Sohyun's eyes rounded in surprise as she stood up. "What? You're going to sleep?" she asked as she caught up with him and he turned to face him. 

Sohyun stepped on a layer of oil and slipped. She bent forward and fell on top of Kris and they both groaned.
Sohyun elbow hit his chest, and he groaned in pain, frowning as she landed on top of him.
 
Sohyun opened her eyes and looked at Kris, and he looked up at her.
Their noses touched at the sudden contact and they froze for a second.

Within a second, Sohyun could feel her pulse quickening. Kris could feel his cheeks burning and his heartbeat raising. Their eyes widened in surprise at how close they were and Sohyun frantically got up, dusting herself as she looked away. “Are you, alright?” she asked while Kris frowned. “Try being a bed for someone,” he groaned in pain.

His back, his chest and his head hurt.

Sohyun laughed nervously and bit her lip. "Sorry."

-----