Fatal Mistake

Suit Romance

3

Sohyun quirked her lips and spin her pen, as she looked at the two room that were occupied in front of her.

Tao and Kris.

From Sohyun's view, she could only see Tao was the one who was working hard, frowning at his computer and his fingers flew across the keyboard. While on the other hand, Kris was closing his eyes, resting his head back on the chair, and she rolled her eyes.


If she had a chance, she would actually want to work for Tao than Kris. To her it seemed like Tao was the hardworking one, while Kris was the lazy potato couch.

She came to this firm to work and be a lawyer, hoping to go under a good mentor to train, but now, she thinks it's hard to work hard under Kris.


"Yes!" Tao exclaimed as he grabbed two of his pens and drummed the edge of table with it, smiling widely at the computer. After one week, he finally defeated the boss level.
He grinned excitedly and quickly started on the next level, while the piles of work were placed at one corner.

"Article could be as reference, after all the actions of Minji was the same as the victim in the article.." Kris murmured, and he closed his eyes.

Sohyun groaned in her seat, as she pouted and spun her chair.

Kris came out with his briefcase, as he hissed at Sohyun, whose face immediately brightened up and followed him. 
"Yes mentor?" Sohyun asked, finally she would be able to do something.


"Bring the A1004 and M1435 file from my room. I'll wait for you downstairs," Kris said and walked into the lift, while Sohyun scratched her head, then quickly ran into the room. "A1004 and what file again?" Sohyun frowned, muttering as she searched. "Was it M1435 or N1435? I'll just bring both," Sohyun said, as she searched for the files on the shelves, but could only find N1435. "Since there's only N, that means its N!" Sohyun exclaimed excitedly and rushed down, with those two thick files.

"Here's the files, take it," Sohyun said, as she closed the door and buckled her seatbelt, while Kris shot her a look.

"Are you the trainee or I'm the trainee?" Kris asked and drove off, while Sohyun slowly nodded and took the files, bringing it to her chest.

She followed Kris behind, as she tried balancing with those stack of files blocking her view. *Didn't know my mentor would be like a giant..* Sohyun thought, and walked in to the court.

"Kris?" Minah called out and flashed a smile, approaching him. Kris turned to look at her, but continued walking. Sohyun stifled a laugh.

She was wearing such a tight blouse, and didn't button one button, while her mini skirt was so short, hard to believe she was actually a lawyer, more than a beer girl. Minah took a quickly glance at Sohyun and rolled her eyes, then stood close to Kris. "Didn't know we would have a chance to see each other in court, it would be my pleasure," she said, and flashed another smile, which was more like flirting.

Kris ignored her, and went in with Sohyun stumbling. "You should know what files to pass to me during court right?"
Kris asked, preparing the files and Sohyun nodded. "Leave it all to me." She smiled.

 

 

Kris tapped his pen on the table, frowning at the defendant’s testimony and shook his head. Sohyun nudged him and  her teeth. 
“I think we can only turn the tables if we produce the article. The defendant was obviously lying through his teeth," Sohyun whispered while Kris looked at her and Sohyun didn’t know what she did wrong. “Can you not be such a chatterbox,” he hissed.

Kris glanced at Minah, and she glanced back, flashing a smile while he just rolled his eyes and stood up.

The judge looked at Minji and Kris, then back at his paper and wrote down notes, then closed the file. "You may start your ending statements now."

Kris his lips nervously then stood up. "I would take this case as a similarity to a case that was sensitive towards parents and students a few years back," Kris said, as he nudged Sohyun, who looked up at him confused.

He frowned at her, the quickly bowed at the judge and sat down. "Where's M1435? It has the article in it. I told you to bring it didn't I?" he hissed, while Sohyun gasped loudly, the covering and bowed apologetically at the judge.

"You said N1435! And I could only find that file on the shelf-"

"Who asked you to bring the files on the shelf? M1435 was on my table!" Kris hissed, and Sohyun's eyes rounded in surprise,
 as both of them mentally smacked themselves.

Kris stood up and closed his eyes, then took in a deep breath. "Your Honour, there was an article that gained the attention of both the ministry of education, the parents and students a few years back," Kris said, as he based on his knowledge and summary of the article, while Sohyun stared wide eyed at him. 


"That time, there was this girl that was bullied by a group of students in high school. But no one knew about this incident after six months of continuous of bully towards this girl, parents and teachers were oblivious to the bullying. She was under torture for six months, because she refused to tell anyone about the bully, as the bully was actually led by the vice principal’s daughter. She remained silent, because she believed no one would help her because all of the teachers were under the control of the vice principal, and the abuse of the students bullying her would be worse. But this doesn't mean she accepts the bullying and is willing to be abused, only until the parents of this girl came out to fix this problem,” he said.
“It also applies to this case," Kris said out fluently, all of the words smoothly coming out, not a stutter could be heard, while the judge pursed his lips, growing interested.

"My client was under enormous pressure, because this client was a big client of her company, which is equivalent to her salary coming from him. This client was a big contribution to her salary, and when this client of hers harassed her, she felt that she had no one to rely on, because she was actually a newcomer to the company. She remained quiet, but that doesn't mean she accepts the actions the defendant did towards her, instead she felt lonely and weak. While the defendant kept harassing her and pushing her to a corner, until she couldn't tolerate and stood out in court.” He placed his hands on the table, standing confidently and Sohyun couldn’t but look at him in awe, nodding her head at his points and can’t help but silently applause.
“In conclusion, this two cases were similar, as the victim both remained silent, because they felt weak, believing everyone wouldn’t help them, because of culprits had big influence of their surroundings, but this doesn't mean my client actually accepts to the defendant's harassment and actions towards her" Kris concluded, his posture so confident that Sohyun swore she saw light bulbs flashing above his head, and she couldn't stop her smile from getting any wider.

Kris bowed and sat down, while Sohyun silently clapped for him, smiling. “Daebak,” she praised while Kris nodded his head, secretly smiling, but then shot a look at her, as she gulped and faced the front.

They anxiously waited for the verdict, and when the judge placed his pen down and smiled, they smiled.

 

 

As Kris and Sohyun packed their files up, Minah went closer to them, as she rested her chin on Kris's shoulder, smiling.

"Didn't know you would win this case. Well done Kris, you won this lawsuit for your client. Mind if you grab a coffee and discuss?" Minah whispered, as she looked at Kris, while he just continued packing his stuff, ignoring her.


Sohyun looked at the both of them from the corner of her eye, as she tried not getting distracted.

"Maybe next time Minah. I'm not interested coffee," Kris coldly said, as he grabbed Sohyun's hand, exiting the court. 
"Wait wait Kris don't go too fast I can't manage!" Sohyun stumbled, as she tried grabbing the flying papers, while going down the staircase and into the car.

The ride was long and quiet, as every ten seconds, Sohyun would look at Kris, then quickly turned to face the front before he explodes. Sohyun looked down at the files all messed up, as she bit her lip. "I'm sorry for bringing the wrong file today," Sohyun said aloud in one breath, while Kris stayed silent, driving.

"I know I did many errors lately. I was just careless.." Sohyun explained, biting her lip to prepare for Kris to explode any minute, but he didn't.

"We're here, get out," Kris said as he parked his car and went out, while Sohyun quickly caught up with him with files all cramped together.

"I really didn't mean-"

"Kris! Well done!" Tao exclaimed, as he hugged Kris and ruffled his hair, then pushing him into the room while he looked at Sohyun. "You brought the wrong file didn't you?" Tao asked, grinning, while Soyun looked at him in surprise. "How do you know?"

He just shrugged and wiggled his eyebrows. "I have snitches. I think you better apologize to him, lucky he has a big brain or else he would DEFINITLY scold you when he forgets his ending statement in court."
Sohyun gulped and immediately nodded and braced herself, then went in.

-----