Socialize

Suit Romance
18
Sohyun bit her lip and helped him up, but almost fell on top of him again if she didn’t balance properly.

Clumsy.

She lifted up the back of his shirt and rubbed the ointment on his back, rubbing while Kris groaned. “Not that hard!” he winced while Sohyun chuckled. “Sorry, I didn’t know you couldn’t bear a little pain,” she murmured and Kris straightened his back immediately. "Well I can." He clenched his fists tightly and bit back the pain.
“Does your chest hurt?” she asked after applying the ointment on his back and turned to face him, while Kris was about to lift his shirt up and quickly pulled down again. “It’s alright. I can do it myself,” he said, his cheeks turning pink once more.

He yawned and quickly got up to his feet. “Goodnight.”

Sohyun gawked at him. "You're.. going to sleep?"
He nodded and walked into the room.

She looked around the house and glanced at the clock. "It's already so late.. I might as well just sleep on the table," Sohyun murmured turned the lights out and rested her head on the table, dozing off.

 

Tao tapped his watch and frowned, quirking his lips. "It's already quite late. They should be done, right?" he whispered and walked out, running out to his house. He quickly walked in, and turned the lights on, to find Sohyun sleeping on the table, and Kris was no where to be found.

"Aish where's Kris? I obviously gave him the chance and he's gone," Tao muttered under his breath and yawned. "I can't be bothered with him I'll take a good nap first." He stretched his arms out and walked up the stairs to his room. He kicked his shoes and jumped onto the bed, lying flat as he took the blankets and wrapped himself out. And what made him scream was under the covers was Kris groaning in pain.

He screamed again which woke Sohyun up. She shot up from her seat and looked around the house. "What happened?" She searched the first floor, then went up stairs. 

"What are you doing here?!" Tao shouted and pulled the covers over his body. Kris scratched his head and lay still on the bed. "Sleeping."

"Why are you on my bed then?! You could have gone to the guest room!" Tao shouted again, while Kris frowned and covered his ears. "I can't find the guest room."
Tao gawked at him and frowned. "You can't find the guest room?!" 
Kris nodded. 
"You can't find the guestroom?!" Tao repeated, and Kris groaned and nodded his head again. 
"If you couldn’t find the guestroom then why did you bring Sohyun up to the guest room the other time, huh?! Get out!" Tao screamed and threw his pillow at him, kicking him out of the bed and hitting him with the bolster.

Sohyun immediately ran into Tao's room and switched the lights on. "What happened here?" She saw how Kris was lying on the floor and Tao on the bed with his blanket covering his body and she stifled a laugh. "Oh."

Kris immediately shot up and shook his head vigorously. "We're not what you think-"

"Well I won't disturb you now. Good night," she said and quickly ran down the stairs. Tao gaped at Sohyun, then glanced at Kris who shook his head.

"See?! Sohyun misunderstood us! How could you Kris! How could you! You just destroyed your own happiness! Get out I don't want to see you!" Tao screamed and kicked him out of his bedroom, as he threw the pillow out of the door and shut it close.

Tao frowned and covered himself, wailing.


--

Sohyun packed her stuff and arranged the files properly, then leaned backwards in her chair, smiling. Today was her first day to go socializing and she was both afraid and excited. She wondered what would she do there, and she just knew that would be lots of fun out there.

"Sohyun, let's go," Kris said as he walked out of his room with his briefcase and Sohyun smiled and tagged along, carrying her briefcase along. "Are you prepared?" Kris asked as he pressed the lift button.

Sohyun nodded eagerly and she held onto her briefcase tightly. Kris looked down and scanned her from head to toe, raising an eyebrow. "Are you really sure you're prepared?"

Sohyun nodded again. "Briefcase's here. I memorized everything I need to know, including what you told me to do when I meet other lawyers-"

"No. Where is your outfit?" he asked and entered the lift while Sohyun entered and tilted her chin. "I don't see a problem in my outfit.." She looked down at her blue blouse and her black pants that was until her ankles. "There is a problem. You wear formal clothes when you go to events."

"This is formal.."

"Formal as in dresses. Do you watch dramas that have ladies to wear pants to events such as balls?"

"But this isn't a ball.." Sohyun muttered and frowned. "And.. And I don't have dresses.." She sighed and he nodded his head. "Let me rephrase my sentence. We are going socializing at a charity ball. Get it?" he asked and waved it away. "Forget it. I'll buy one alright? Let's go before the event starts."

He drove around the corner, and quickly parked his car, then entered a clothes shop as he scanned through the place and threw a few at Sohyun. "Try this, this and this on and we can go." Sohyun immediately nodded and walked into the dressing room, then quickly came out. "Mentor, can I not try it out? Just see which one fits me the best. I don't really like staying in dressing rooms for too long.."

He sighed and nodded. Sohyun looked at the mirror as she raised the dresses, then raised an eyebrow.
"I'll choose this." She smiled and handed it to the cashier who politely took it from her. 
"You need to put it on now," Kris ordered, but Sohyun slightly frowned. "Must I?"

"You're claustrophobic, aren't you?" Kris asked and Sohyun nodded her head. "But just a little."

He sighed then looked around. "Change in the car then. You can draw the curtains." Sohyun smiled and
nodded her head eagerly before going into the car. 

Kris stood in front of the car patiently. He accidentally glanced back at the front of the window screen and caught a glimpse of Sohyun's skin.

Immediately, he turned to face the front and gulped, his face turning red. "Control Kris, control."

Within a few minutes, Sohyun wind the window and she waved at him, smiling. "I'm done, you can come in now," she said and he nodded, then immediately driving off to the venue.

On the way to the venue, Kris has been nagging and complaining about Sohyun about how independent she must be. He mainly complains about how Sohyun needs to stand up against for herself against hard clients when she officially becomes a lawyer and she nodded her head. "Does that mean I can stand up against you?" she asked and Kris eyes widened in surprise. "No!" he snapped and sighed. He doesn't know whether he's actually guiding his protege or its the other way round.

Once they reached the hotel that held the event, Sohyun came out of the back seat.

She wore a sleeveless minty rose bud dress that was above her knees. She wore a belt studded with diamonds, and a black rose in the middle.
When the wind blew, she shivered and hugged her elbows.

Kris turned to look at her and he was completely mesmerized by how she could fit into the dress so well, but within five seconds he rolled his eyes because her actions hardly made her look like a lady.
She shivered and covered her arms while he took an item in the car and threw it at her. "Take it. Cover yourself if you feel cold." Sohyun smiled and covered herself with it. "Thanks. What's this anyway? A shawl? Where did you get it?"

"It's a thin blanket. I got it from the airplane."

"Oh."



They were warmly welcomed into the ballroom with a long red carpet that rolled from the entrance to the grand stage that was in front of them. Golden chairs were laid in fiverows, taking up one quarter of the space, while the other three quarters were occupied by sofas at a corner and a table placed with drinks and food. 

"Woah, this is huge," Sohyun eagerly went towards the table filled with food but Kris grabbed her arm, pulling her to his side. "We're here to socialize. Not to eat," he whispered.

"But we need to have some red wine right?" Sohyun eyed the food and pouted. 
"Later, we need to look for the host." 
Sohyun nodded her head and looked around, her head turning left and right. "Not like this, only your eyes move, not your entire body, did you forget what I told you?" Kris hissed and grabbed her arm. She nodded her head.

She found the host and immediately patted his hand numerous of times, pointing at the host while Kris
whacked her hand away, frowning. "No pointing. It's rude."

"Sorry." She bit her lip. "He's there."
Kris sighed and let go of her. "Go grab some food first. I'll greet the host first," Kris said and Sohyun nodded her head, then walked away quickly. She placed her hands on the table and sighed softly, peering over her shoulder to look at Kris smiling as he talked to the host. "I disappointed my mentor, didn't I?" she muttered and nodded.

She twirled the glass of wine and slowly sipped, then covered  and coughed. "I forgot it's wine.."

"Hey." A man tapped her shoulder and she turned. "Hello." She greeted and bowed. "Which company are you from?" he asked and gave out his name card, while Sohyun looked at it then back at him. "Park Jonghyun.." her eyes travelled down and her eyes rounded in surprise. "Park Enterprise. You're one of the philanthropists of tonight's event?" Sohyun smiled and shook his hand. "I'm a trainee lawyer."

"Woah trainee lawyer? Not bad. Why don't you give me some legal advice some where quiet?" he asked, his hand travelled to her waist while Sohyun shook her head politely, oblivious to his motive. "I'm just a trainee lawyer, I still can't give legal advice. But I can ask my mentor to help you. He's just there." Sohyun smiled and pointed at Kris, who just frowned and gestured her to go to his side.

But sadly, it seems like Sohyun doesn't understand his sign language at him.

He cocked his head to one side and eyed her while she eyed back and raised an eyebrow at him, then quickly smiled as she continued talking to Jonghyun.

Kris immediately frowned and made a gesture while the host looked at him in a strange look.
Kris quickly looked back at the host and apologized as he used his finger and gestured her to be at his side.
Aha, that was when Sohyun understood.

Sohyun immediately ran towards him, lowering her head when she saw Kris shooting a look at her. "Did I do anything wrong again?" she asked and bit her lip. "Yes. Very wrong. Number one, no running around. Number two, no socializing without me."
"But you said-"
"Number three, you didn't even know you've been taken advantage of, how can you go out in the future? Let's go," Kris said as he grabbed her hand and apologized to the host, then went out of the room.

"What? Why? The event has not started."

"I brought you here to socialize and you couldn't do any of the three rules I mentioned. How can I let you continuing socializing with others if you commit the same mistake over and over again? Go home," Kris said. He led her to the bus stop and shook her hand away before he walked away.

Sohyun gawked at him and pouted, being left at the bus stop while he walked towards his car. She stood at the bus stop waiting for the bus to come and she sighed, started talking to herself again. "I can't blame anyone. Only myself to blame.” She softly sighed and groaned, burying her face into her palms.

"Hey."

Sohyun looked up, and her face brightened for a few seconds when she saw Kris in his car, winding the window down. 
*At least you're a gentleman to send me home.* she thought.

"Give me back the blanket," Kris said and reached his hand out of the window, and her shoulders slumped. 

She slowly took the blanket from her shoulders and threw it into the car and he drove off.


She looked down at her feet and bit her lip.

Kris pulled over in front of her again. 
She sighed and looked up at him. “What else now?” she asked. He sighed and opened the door. "Since the bus isn't here,
hop on, I can send you home." Sohyun blinked at him in confusion, while he raised an eyebrow cocking his head to one side. "Hop on."

She eagerly nodded her head and entered the car. “Send me home, thanks." Sohyun smiled and fastened her seat belt. He drove past her house and her eyes widened in surprise, as she pressed her palms on the window then looked at Kris, whose eyes were only focused on the front. "My house! You just passed my house. Quick, turn back, turn back."

"We're going elsewhere. Just wait." Kris said and within minutes he pulled over and parked his car, then went out. Sohyun closed the door and looked up. "Why are we here?" Kris smiled and entered the shop.

Sohyun looked at the window display, and saw the luggages that were meant to carry documents for lawyers. She looked at the window display for a few moments, then followed and went in. But even before she could enter, Kris had already came out with a shopping bag.

"For you," Kris said and handed it to Sohyun, who just tilted her her head and warily took it from him. He smiled and entered the car, waiting for Sohyun to enter, while she just stood out there and opened the bag, to see the luggage that was on display wrapped. Her eyes rounded in surprise and she bent down to look at Kris through the window. "For me?"

Kris rolled his eyes and nodded, his gaze looking in front. Sohyun was speechless, and the only two words that came out was "thank you".
 She quickly entered the car and thanked him profusely. He nodded his head. "It's for you. Work hard," he said and drove off, while Sohyun nodded her head vigourously. "I will. I will never ever let you down!"

He nodded his head. "And remember, I will never, ever, ditch you. Okay?" he said it in soothing and soft tone.

Sohyun nodded her head once again and she bit her lip, preventing that smile from getting any wider. She turned the luggage back and forth, admiring it. With it, she need not stumble and lose her balance, she can store everything in this luggage for court use.

Then, Sohyun did something she didn't expect herself to do.
Maybe she was too elated that she wanted to share her happiness with the person beside her.

She wrapped her arms around his neck and hugged him, she grinned widely as she held tightly on him. "Thank you," she whispered and Kris smiled, nodding his head. "You're welcome," he replied and hugged her back.

At the corner of his eyes, Kris could see how happy and delighted Sohyun was, and he couldn't help but smile too.
-----

Oh my god.

To my dear readers, I am so sorry for not updating regularly.

I've been so busy with school and everyday I had to burn midnight oil just to finish the work. AHHHH I just started school and all those stuff and I've been so stressed out with work but I always remind myself to update. But whenever I turn on the computer,I just remembered I have a piece of work to do then I'll be like 'Damn.'

*CRIES*

I didn't know I would be so busy this year! T^T

So I think that I'll just end up updating twice a week or once, but I'll make an effort to update regularly, especially during the holiday! Yes, the holidays.. Waiting for the holidays..

And, thank you so much for commenting and subscribing and upvoting really appreciate it guys thankyousomuchloveyoulots